Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can anybody comment on Ted Baker suits. I know that their styling is very non traditional and their fits are very European. Any positive or negative insight would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:
Very dated look imo Wes.

And Rob, great fits on all of those suits across the board. Are you rolling with 3" ties?
The blue and gray diagonal stripe is 2 and the navy knit is slim as well. The others I think are probably around 3 definitely not skinny ties.

hey yall, i figure this is the best place to post.

im getting married this august, and im renting a tux, but the rental shirts are definitely not going to be the best fit. the tux is a slim fit tux. and i will have a vest. as always that shirt will be the problem. my neck is so much thicker, that if i get the premade neck size for me. the rest of the shirt will be huge. if i get the proper fit shirt size. the neck size will be too tight to where i can't close the top button for the tie.

im thinking of getting a custom shirt made. does anyone have any experience from some of these online places where it can be made. they seem to be significantly cheaper than going to an actual store that makes em. you just have to provide your own measurements of course.

moderntailor has a 19.95 test shirt. I used that for my first measurements and thankfully so because it didn't turn out how I wanted. Like Wis said measure and measure again, get someone else to measure for you too because if you do it yourself odds are it will be off

..oh you think cuz you OG that Dan ain't hit nobody else up bruh? Iight den

Jk, beat me to it bro :frown:

i didnt say that....just saying dude hit me up man....had i known i would have let you make the thread....its nerve wrecking to start up threads like that here on NT...

thanks for the reply yall, in regards to the shirt

for those who have used the button extender, do you have a pic of it with the tie?

the tux place knew whatsup and they said they have to go with the neck size as priority because they dont want me choking, but unfortunately they said yea shirt may baloon but because ill have a vest it shouldnt be bad. stil want it to be perfect i guess.

if it looks koo with button extender and tie, ill just tellt hem to prioritize the fit for my body first an go with the button extender.

thanks for the reply yall, in regards to the shirt

for those who have used the button extender, do you have a pic of it with the tie?

the tux place knew whatsup and they said they have to go with the neck size as priority because they dont want me choking, but unfortunately they said yea shirt may baloon but because ill have a vest it shouldnt be bad. stil want it to be perfect i guess.

if it looks koo with button extender and tie, ill just tellt hem to prioritize the fit for my body first an go with the button extender.

Your tie will hide the button extender as long as the difference isn't huge I think most extenders add 1/2 to 1 whole neck size

Couple days ago

Wingtip bucks

Looking sharp Carlin. Those white bucks are FIRE :pimp: :pimp:

^
Digging those outfits :pimp:

Yeah all of those suit combos were fire, TypeR. Are they all Ludlows?

hey yall, i figure this is the best place to post.

im getting married this august, and im renting a tux, but the rental shirts are definitely not going to be the best fit. the tux is a slim fit tux. and i will have a vest. as always that shirt will be the problem. my neck is so much thicker, that if i get the premade neck size for me. the rest of the shirt will be huge. if i get the proper fit shirt size. the neck size will be too tight to where i can't close the top button for the tie.

im thinking of getting a custom shirt made. does anyone have any experience from some of these online places where it can be made. they seem to be significantly cheaper than going to an actual store that makes em. you just have to provide your own measurements of course.

I didn't see anyone recommend this yet but you could just get the size that fits in the neck and have your tailor slim down the body.

..oh you think cuz you OG that Dan ain't hit nobody else up bruh? Iight den

Jk, beat me to it bro :frown:

i didnt say that....just saying dude hit me up man....had i known i would have let you make the thread....its nerve wrecking to start up threads like that here on NT...
I was just messing man. Here's to the thread informing NTers who are willing to spread knowledge of the TSB project and maybe even donate a little something :pimp:

I didn't see anyone recommend this yet but you could just get the size that fits in the neck and have your tailor slim down the body.

This is very true I was assuming he was talking about the shirt that came with the rental tux though and I definitely wouldn't alter one of those,rental places take that stuff serious I lost a cuff link one time and was charged 350$ :smh:

This is very true I was assuming he was talking about the shirt that came with the rental tux though and I definitely wouldn't alter one of those,rental places take that stuff serious I lost a cuff link one time and was charged 350$ :smh:

Ahhh you're right, I think he said that he was renting it originally, but if he's talking about getting a custom one then I think he may be in the market to buy one as well?

When is the wedding? I know the MTM process can take a few weeks.

nice fit! no romo, but if you don't mind me asking.....what brand of pants are these and what your waist size? i'm about this size and have muscular build/calves and most times slim/skinny pants are too tight on calves

The shorts are Levi sz 34, the pants are some brand from JCP i forget sz 36, its a taper fit so the leg is slim.

Back
Top Bottom