Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Depends more on the venue and what the bride and groom want than the season. If its black tie you will look very underdressed. But if it is a more casual affair like something outdoor or during the day you may be able to get away with it
It's at the Long Beach Renaissance Hotel. I'm friends with the bride and she knows my personality and I'm getting to know the groom and he's like me, shorts and sneakers everyday. I will check with them and see. 

I think that pattern on the shirt is a bit loud...I'd stick with a solid white shirt and add the loud piece by wearing a colorful pocket square and/or socks.

If you're really into that dot pattern, maybe try wearing a tie that has a similar pattern (solid dark color with dots).

Thanks for the advice, felt the same about the shirt, went back and returned it today. Repped!

Went to uniqlo to check out what they had since I last went in last fall, saw the Michael bastan collection, bought a grey stripped polo, had a couple others I liked but not many sizes left. Post pic later

Somebody flip on the switch to the Serg-Signal, quick!

:smh:...:lol:

ANyone order suits from INdochino?
Experiences? How's their quality?

I've gotten 4 shirts and a 3 piece suit from them and I'm pretty happy with it.

Experience #1: 3 Shirts
My wife ordered them for me and apparently they go based on height and weight and well they were too short in the sleeves and about 4 inches to small in the chest. Pretty much e-mailed their concierge after requesting the remake; since the differences were more than what I could add via their website. 3 weeks later got the shirts, and they fit perfectly. Quality of the shirts is great, on par with my bespoke shirt.

Experience #2: 3 Piece Suit and 1 Shirt:
Pretty much everything on point but the jacket and vest, the shirt didn't need any tailoring. I had trousers hemmed and taken in at the waist by about 1/2", the vest had to be taken in on the sides which my tailor did, the jacket was way too big sent in for a remake, provided a picture of how it fit and how I wanted it to fit using a jacket I already owned, second time, the fit was perfect.

Advice: Make sure your measurements are correct, have someone measure you, whether it is a friend, significant or tailor. If you are someone that wants to add some "extra" material just in case, do no more than 1/4"-1/2". Most importantly especially in regards to the jacket if you have a jacket that you like how it fits send that to them as well for reference.

Need help NT brethren, I've been eyeing this Navy blue gold button blazer from Gant for a while, and need to know the price with tax comes to around $500
What do you think about the price, fair? or overpriced ?

Need help NT brethren, I've been eyeing this Navy blue gold button blazer from Gant for a while, and need to know the price with tax comes to around $500
What do you think about the price, fair? or overpriced ?

What Gant is it? Is it the Gant Rugger line? Either way, it's over priced sorry to say. Construction is probably mediocre at best and that thing is most likely not fully canvassed or even half. But that's how it goes with fashion brands, you pay for the design.

What fabric is that? It looks like herringbone weaving, but also kinda looks like popcorn stitching, similar to the ones on sweaters.

I like it. I paid around the same for my Thom Grey blazer back in December on sale. It's the one I wore today, and I think it was ~$500 well spent.

If you plan on wearing it a lot, and won't leave it collecting dust in your closet. Of course, and if it's within your means financially, get it.

Last edited:
Wis it say's unconstructed jersey, it is grant rugger.
It's the only blazer that really fits my frame and has gold buttons which looks nice, with suit supply in the city I have to buy it and go to a taylor to get the buttons sown on.

Very dated look imo Wes.

And Rob, great fits on all of those suits across the board. Are you rolling with 3" ties?

Yeah, I was just wondering because I've never seen it before. I've ran across some with four buttons too and wasn't really feeling that either.

Wis it say's unconstructed jersey, it is grant rugger.
It's the only blazer that really fits my frame and has gold buttons which looks nice, with suit supply in the city I have to buy it and go to a taylor to get the buttons sown on.
Dang. I kinda thought so. It may be a sweater shaped like a blazer. I like my blazers and jackets to actually be made out of non stretchable sweater like materials. That's the only drawback for me.

Yeah, I was just wondering because I've never seen it before. I've ran across some with four buttons too and wasn't really feeling that either.

Very dated look imo Wes.

And Rob, great fits on all of those suits across the board. Are you rolling with 3" ties?

The lower button being the button to button on a DB is more of an 80's look and personally I think it looks awesome and as Adrian said, dated.

hey yall, i figure this is the best place to post.

im getting married this august, and im renting a tux, but the rental shirts are definitely not going to be the best fit. the tux is a slim fit tux. and i will have a vest. as always that shirt will be the problem. my neck is so much thicker, that if i get the premade neck size for me. the rest of the shirt will be huge. if i get the proper fit shirt size. the neck size will be too tight to where i can't close the top button for the tie.

im thinking of getting a custom shirt made. does anyone have any experience from some of these online places where it can be made. they seem to be significantly cheaper than going to an actual store that makes em. you just have to provide your own measurements of course.

im getting married this august, and im renting a tux, but the rental shirts are definitely not going to be the best fit. the tux is a slim fit tux. and i will have a vest. as always that shirt will be the problem. my neck is so much thicker, that if i get the premade neck size for me. the rest of the shirt will be huge. if i get the proper fit shirt size. the neck size will be too tight to where i can't close the top button for the tie.

im thinking of getting a custom shirt made. does anyone have any experience from some of these online places where it can be made. they seem to be significantly cheaper than going to an actual store that makes em. you just have to provide your own measurements of course.
It's cheaper online because they don't have to pay rent on a physical store. The downside is that it is MTM, and not a true bespoke. Be sure to get yourself measured multiple times so your shirt comes out as close to perfect as possible.

Good luck on your marriage!

What's up again everybody.

Just did a good amount of shopping this weekend in preparation for my trip to Vegas. Went to the Woodbury outlets, and Roosevelt Field mall. Got some good stuff at the J.Crew Factory store, 50% off the entire store
nthat.gif
Here's some of the stuff I picked up over the weekend.

The floral tie is actually ordered from the internet, but I added it to the pic anyway, lol. Floral shirt is from JCPenney as a lot of you guys probably know. White pants and the two ties are from J. Crew.

Now at Roosevelt Field I copped some bro tanks (lol) and shirts. Then I remembered people here saying that Nordstrom was having a sale, so I checked it out.. saw some AE "Player's Shoe" walnut colored in the for sale section, so I tried them on. Mind you I just ordered a used pair the other day of Walnut colored Cliftons in sz 10 from eBay for about $150 shipped. I had never even tried on AEs. So anyways I decided to try them on, and it turns out I fit into size 9.5 for AEs. Also, the shoes (Player's Club) were the last one left as opposed to many Cliftons left (for $199). Truth be told when there is limited quantity left of anything, it sorta sways me to grab the remainders. Guess I'm a hypebeast, lol. The $235 price tag (apparently $335 normally) also convinced me to buy. Anyways in regards to these shoes, doubt I'm going to wear them to Vegas. I may not even keep them. I guess a lot of it depends on how I feel about the FleeBay shoes coming in haha, not exactly sure what I'm going to do with those either. We'll see. 

In regards to buying dress shirts, I realized I have a tough time choosing one. I was especially going for a red toned shirt, but nothing really caught my eye. I also had difficulty finding "cool" socks. Today at J.Crew (non-factory), I saw a nice pair of socks that I liked, but then I saw the price tag of $28. Sorry, but hell no to that. I thought paying $15ish bucks for all my elite socks was bad enough. Those at least serve a true purpose on the court, lol. I guess swag don't come cheap?
laugh.gif
I really could not justify paying that much for a pair of socks, and I doubt that I ever will.

Anyways my plan for Vegas is to one night wear the white pants, floral shirt, navy blue blazer, no tie, the Polo socks (maybe sockless, we'll see), and either the Cliftons coming in or these new bad boys I just got. Either that, or white pants, blue blazer, white shirt, and floral tie. We'll see. Another night I go out I'm guessing I'll just wear this grey suit I got last summer. Probably wear a plainish dressdown shirt with that. Also got some pocket squares and a tie bar coming in from thetiebar like you guys suggested that will be implemented into my fits.

I have some questions regarding alterations. First of all how much should pants be tapered? And hemmed? Is there a rule of thumb? I'm pretty sure I saw some posts around here mentioning it, but not exactly sure where. I will be getting them done tomorrow morning so hopefully somebody replies soon, lol.

Anyways that's it for now. All questions, comments, criticisms are welcomed lol

You can always get the shirt that fits your body the best and then simply buy a button extender so the neck will fit,I had the same problem last time renting a tux,the body and sleeves fit well but the neck was too small bought a button extender for 5 or 6 bucks and the problem was solved...

You don't have much turnaround time so I will suggest Indochino as they take about 3-4 weeks to get you the shirt. For their shirt they go based on your height and weight so I would e-mail them; if you go with them, your exact measurements again just to be sure.

It's cheaper online because they don't have to pay rent on a physical store. The downside is that it is MTM, and not a true bespoke. Be sure to get yourself measured multiple times so your shirt comes out as close to perfect as possible.

Good luck on your marriage!

Y'all don't listen, just don't get married...j/k

Back
Top Bottom