Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Stopped by the Gap today. Picked up the Snyder cargo pants for $35 and the & Khakis for $23, not bad.
Also saw a wool camo (same as the Mcnairy pants) newsboy hat for like $25 bucks. I hate that they only do S/M and L/XL because neither fits smh.

Hello Nters!

Just recently booked my trip to Vegas in December, so I'm in dire need of some outfits for the clubs.

Here's an outfit I have in mind for one of the nights; navy/white gingham shirt, navy tie, tie bar, navy or khaki pants, grey socks, brown shoes.

(Would appreciate some opinions on this combo, also would need help on another outfit)

I'm going to need help on where to find some slim fitting clothing.

Where can I get some ties, what's the rule on skinny ones? Tie bars, also.

Gingham shirts, is J.Crew a good option?  Same applies to dress pants, what should I look for?

A nice affordable watch for a reasonable price, preferable under $150.

Same goes for a belt & socks, something affordable.

I'm already eying some Allen Edmond wingtips for shoes.

Also, any other suggestions would be awesome, am I missing something for my outfit?

thanks man, and at at 5' 10" 160 lbs, i wear a small. fits snug on my chest and got some room on my sides but not bellowing over if tucked in. wish i didnt buy so many jcrew shirts prior to the release of the slim line. now i hate the fit of the ones in currently have :lol: |I
$10-15 per each shirt at the tailor, man. Just have them slimmed down on the sides and sleeve width. That's what I did when I wore J. Crew shirts extensively. I used to drown in a small. They finally got it right with the new slim line for the skinny folks.

Also, fellas..if you have legit links to cheap magazine subscriptions, I'd appreciate if if you can post them up. Thanks!

Hello Nters!

Just recently booked my trip to Vegas in December, so I'm in dire need of some outfits for the clubs.

Here's an outfit I have in mind for one of the nights; navy/white gingham shirt, navy tie, tie bar, navy or khaki pants, grey socks, brown shoes.

(Would appreciate some opinions on this combo, also would need help on another outfit)

Gingham shirts, is J.Crew a good option?  Same applies to dress pants, what should I look for?

Also, any other suggestions would be awesome, am I missing something for my outfit?

One suggestions for the bolded outfit you have in mind, maybe go with a lighter grey pants and throw a little color in on the socks.

Slim or extra slim, depending upon what suits you best: Charles Tyrwhitt & Brooks Brothers, Thomas Pink, Boss Black

The tiebar.com, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Thomas Pink, Brooks Brothers, J. Crew. I personally don't like skinny 1.5" type ties...looks douchey unless you're a celebrity (and even then it still can). Slim is better than skinny, 2-2.5" wide is fine.

J. Crew is defintely possible for both gingham & dress pants, look for what fits your frame.

Watch...$150? I don't even know. People buy a lot of Kenneth Cole type watches, wouldn't be my pick.

A mid-tan or walnut shoe would look nice.

$10-15 per each shirt at the tailor, man. Just have them slimmed down on the sides and sleeve width. That's what I did when I wore J. Crew shirts extensively. I used to drown in a small. They finally got it right with the new slim line for the skinny folks.
yep, that's my plan Wis. i was cutting weight since the summer and dropped about 20-25lbs. even at 180, the smalls were tad big, now they are used under a jacket/sweater lol

Hello Nters!

for the most part, i can get down with the fit but definitely use grey trousers otherwise you would be too navy imo.
that being said, Allen Edmonds are great...but not for a clubbing shoe. I would expect them to get ruined on the dance floor, not to mention from the gobbs of alcohol expected to cover them as well. maybe hit up Aldo for a beater pair or use some clarks DBs (my go to "dress" party shoe)
when it comes to watches, $150 might be a bit low. if you really can't come up on prices, check out Timex. I'm sure you can find a nice simple watch for $50-100
and to what scars said, definitely add some color to the socks. grey is just too boring

I'll post more outfits here with the weather cooling down as I can wear stuff other than just a t shirt and shorts :lol:

Today:

wish the tailors in my area were that cheap to get the sides and sleeves taken in for shirts. the reputable tailors near me charge $25 for that type of alteration.
ohwell.gif

After hearing some of you guys talked about Kiehl's, I went in today and got the scrub soap. I think I will return for more stuff. This thread is hurting my wallet in multiple ways :lol:

Good stuff :smokin 8) . What else are you thinking of copping from Kiehls? I have used pretty much every product they offer so if you need some advice or opinions, let me know. That also applies to everyone in this thread.

thanks for all the tips fellas

i wanted to post my outfit from last night but i spilled ketchup on it before i could :lol: :smh:

These are black and an excellent deal. Not sure on the maker, either C&J or Alfred Sargent

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Conis...?dwvar_24AH_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=1601
Black Fleece has a great sale going on. I believe if you sign up for their email list you can get an extra 10% off. Free shipping over $200
Great deal. Made by C&J, although I'm unsure of the last. A friend has a pair and said they run .5 bigger but can go true to size with thicker socks. I'm tempted as well :lol:

Good stuff :smokin 8) . What else are you thinking of copping from Kiehls? I have used pretty much every product they offer so if you need some advice or opinions, let me know. That also applies to everyone in this thread.
Hey. I was looking at this: http://www.kiehls.com/Over-Night-Biological-Peel/630,default,pd.html?start=5&cgid=face-serums

That sounds like a really interesting product but I'd be nervous as hell about putting an overnight peel on my face and going to sleep, even though Kiehl's products are great.

Has anyone had any luck getting orders canceled from Gilt? It says you only have 5 minutes to cancel an order which is ridiculous.
I placed the order like a hour ago and regret it now, sent them an email but looks like they wont check it till tomorrow.

One suggestions for the bolded outfit you have in mind, maybe go with a lighter grey pants and throw a little color in on the socks.
Slim or extra slim, depending upon what suits you best: Charles Tyrwhitt & Brooks Brothers, Thomas Pink, Boss Black
The tiebar.com, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Thomas Pink, Brooks Brothers, J. Crew. I personally don't like skinny 1.5" type ties...looks douchey unless you're a celebrity (and even then it still can). Slim is better than skinny, 2-2.5" wide is fine.
J. Crew is defintely possible for both gingham & dress pants, look for what fits your frame.
Watch...$150? I don't even know. People buy a lot of Kenneth Cole type watches, wouldn't be my pick.
A mid-tan or walnut shoe would look nice.
Appreciate it the help!

Do you think tweed pants would go well with the gingham?  Or for the tweed pants I should go for a solid color on top?
for the most part, i can get down with the fit but definitely use grey trousers otherwise you would be too navy imo.
that being said, Allen Edmonds are great...but not for a clubbing shoe. I would expect them to get ruined on the dance floor, not to mention from the gobbs of alcohol expected to cover them as well. maybe hit up Aldo for a beater pair or use some clarks DBs (my go to "dress" party shoe)
when it comes to watches, $150 might be a bit low. if you really can't come up on prices, check out Timex. I'm sure you can find a nice simple watch for $50-100
and to what scars said, definitely add some color to the socks. grey is just too boring
I was most likely going to by a used one off of ebay anyways,  I do have some beeswax too!

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Slim or extra slim, depending upon what suits you best: Charles Tyrwhitt

Appreciate it the help!

Do you think tweed pants would go well with the gingham?  Or for the tweed pants I should go for a solid color on top?

I was most likely going to by a used one off of ebay anyways,  I do have some beeswax too!

Thanks for the help!

Tweed pants at Vegas clubs? I wouldn't do it. Lightweight wool or cotton.

Slim or extra slim, depending upon what suits you best: Charles Tyrwhitt

Appreciate it the help!

Thanks for the help!

Tweed pants at Vegas clubs? I wouldn't do it. Lightweight wool or cotton.
I agree

That sounds like a really interesting product but I'd be nervous as hell about putting an overnight peel on my face and going to sleep, even though Kiehl's products are great.
I'll see how I like the soap before buying it. I know it's not professional strength in-office stuff.

I also wouldn't wear tweed pants in the club. I usually wear cheap stuff to the clubs because like mentioned, you will most likely get stuff spilled onto.

I use this

http://www.kiehls.com/Rare-Earth-Po...-rare-earth&cm_vc=Search&start=1&q=rare earth

Works well. It lasts ah-while, from 9mos - 1yr or more, depending on how frequent you use it. I use it once a week. Kiehl's rep said to use a facial wash, then face scrub, then apply the mask after, then moisturize (sounding like Patrick Bateman right now). If you don't like it, you can always return it. Kiehl's should be releasing their 15-20% coupons soon for xmas.

Didn't realize there was other Kiehl's users. No Anderson Cooper.

Back
Top Bottom