Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Tweed pants at Vegas clubs? I wouldn't do it. Lightweight wool or cotton.
Appreciate it!

I keep forgetting the difference in weather, me being from the East Coast and all also it being a club haha.

I'll save the tweed pants for dinner at the Stratosphere or something.

I appreciate it so much!

Also any suggestion in terms of jacket?  I was thinking of a tan jacket of some sort.

Is there a rule for not wearing a belt? How you guys feel about this?

I use this

http://www.kiehls.com/Rare-Earth-Po...-rare-earth&cm_vc=Search&start=1&q=rare earth

Works well. It lasts ah-while, from 9mos - 1yr or more, depending on how frequent you use it. I use it once a week. Kiehl's rep said to use a facial wash, then face scrub, then apply the mask after, then moisturize (sounding like Patrick Bateman right now). If you don't like it, you can always return it. Kiehl's should be releasing their 15-20% coupons soon for xmas.

Didn't realize there was other Kiehl's users. No Anderson Cooper.

True story: I dated a girl who told me I reminded her of Patrick Bateman when I met her (based on how I was dressed...at least that's what she clarified when I was like wow, okay). Ended up having sex in her car on our second date. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. :evil:

I've always tried to take care of my skin, it can get really dry in the NY winters.

How do Desert Boots fit, I need a pair for the office. Compared to sneaker? I usually wear 10.5-11

It depends on your foot but I size a full size down compare to Nikes. I wear 11.5 in most, 11 in dress shoes/most other brands and 10.5 in Desert Boots.

True story: I dated a girl who told me I reminded her of Patrick Bateman when I met her (based on how I was dressed...at least that's what she clarified when I was like wow, okay). Ended up having sex in her car on our second date. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. :evil:
I've always tried to take care of my skin, it can get really dry in the NY winters.
It depends on your foot but I size a full size down compare to Nikes. I wear 11.5 in most, 11 in dress shoes/most other brands and 10.5 in Desert Boots.
Scars, what ethnicity are you? I had a hunch, but me thinks I'm wrong :lol: (Not trying to insult you or anything).

I have a girl friend who says she enjoys being around me because she can dress up since her other friends are 'normal' people. I told her you don't need a reason to dress up, it's part of who you are as a person.

I also agree on the Clarks Desert Boots, one size down from my Nike size.

Marmour: Thanks for the link. I don't think there is a rule or if there is, I surely don't always follow it. You shouldn't need a belt to keep your pants around your waist. I usually wear them with suits or if my shirt is tucked in, otherwise I don't. Also, I don't always follow the rule of matching the color of your belt with your shoes, because well I don't have some of the colors on my footwear as belts. As long as you coordinate, you're good to go.

I use this
http://www.kiehls.com/Rare-Earth-Po...-rare-earth&cm_vc=Search&start=1&q=rare earth
Works well. It lasts ah-while, from 9mos - 1yr or more, depending on how frequent you use it. I use it once a week. Kiehl's rep said to use a facial wash, then face scrub, then apply the mask after, then moisturize (sounding like Patrick Bateman right now). If you don't like it, you can always return it. Kiehl's should be releasing their 15-20% coupons soon for xmas.
Didn't realize there was other Kiehl's users. No Anderson Cooper.
I've bought Kiehl's stuff for family members in the past, but never really spent time in the store. I went to the store today and the dude helped me for nearly an hour just explaining all of the products because it's overwhelming to see their collection. I always appreciate good customer service. I ended up with the soap bar, just used it...smelled pretty good and the rough texture is awesome too.

I looked at that masque too, but I got this one coming in the mail..random buy thanks to RFX for posting the link :lol: :frown:

http://kyokuformen.com/products/lava-masque

I'll check out the Kiehl's masque tomorrow though, the benefit (or curse) of having a nicely equipped mall near work.

Scars, what ethnicity are you? I had a hunch, but me thinks I'm wrong :lol: (Not trying to insult you or anything).

I have a girl friend who says she enjoys being around me because she can dress up since her other friends are 'normal' people. I told her you don't need a reason to dress up, it's part of who you are as a person.

I also agree on the Clarks Desert Boots, one size down from my Nike size.

I'm extremely white.

Don't just stare at it, EAT IT!

Wait, what? :lol:

It's from American Pyscho...Patrick Bateman. If you haven't, read the book then see the movie.

Damn, I need to check SF more often. I needed new pants but nothing left in my size
Don't feel bad, man. I check that thread multiple times a day, it's really the only thread I participate in, but I was MIA today. I missed all that stuff too. Wallet is thankful though.

This is the only thign I would get from that H&M and Margiela collab, but the collar is really throwing me off

Marmour: Thanks for the link. I don't think there is a rule or if there is, I surely don't always follow it. You shouldn't need a belt to keep your pants around your waist. I usually wear them with suits or if my shirt is tucked in, otherwise I don't. Also, I don't always follow the rule of matching the color of your belt with your shoes, because well I don't have some of the colors on my footwear as belts. As long as you coordinate, you're good to go.

Same I don't think there is a rule about wearing a belt. I've read that if you are shorter than you could do without the belt since it elongates your frame, since the belt is breaking the "flow" for lack of better words. I usually always wear a belt, unless I have side adjusters or don't have a brown belt that is close to the brown of the shoes I'm wearing.

Should I go with the Bowery slim in Donegal wool

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/urbanslim/PRDOVR~13305/13305.jsp

or

the essential chino 484 fit

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/484/PRDOVR~53368/53368.jsp

Trying to decide with navy to go for, also does anyone have experience with either fit?  I've heard mixed reviews about the 484 fit
They're different styles though. One is chino, the other is dress trousers. The chino is the more versatile option, you can dress it down like a pair of jeans or dress it up with a jacket. The dress trousers is more luxe and has a cleaner appeal overall. It will look kinda funny, with say, rugged boots though, but the chino wouldn't. Donegal wool is just dapper, pictures rarely capture its texture, but it has small flecks of colors, that's why it's kinda expensive. It depends on your intent of use...if you plan on wearing it more on the casual side with sneakers, rugged boots, then the chino. If you want to wear it with dress shirts and dress shoes, then the dress trousers.

Last edited:
Should I go with the Bowery slim in Donegal wool

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/urbanslim/PRDOVR~13305/13305.jsp

or

the essential chino 484 fit

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/484/PRDOVR~53368/53368.jsp

Trying to decide with navy to go for, also does anyone have experience with either fit?  I've heard mixed reviews about the 484 fit
wool will be too hot for the club, same as tweed.
go with the 484, perfectly slim

and side note, you are willing to drop $200 for the pants with the bowery's but only $150 for the watch? :\

Back
Top Bottom