Dressing Better Vol 2.0

how about for the next challenge we do a "casual friday's @ the office" type of look, along the lines of Adrian's last fit...lol

this is a sneakerboard, we should all have kicks in our closet, bust out the jays, airmaxes, tees....etc :D

I have friends with business degrees and they go into interviews wearing black suits. My brother does as well. I doubt the interviewer looks at them negatively for wearing it and not following the idea that the internet hates black suits. People always say there aren't rules for clothes but then they say there things you shouldn't wear.
The point is black suits are not nearly as versatile as people think. If its your only suit black is a horrible option.

Exactly what I was saying and from OP's post, it sounds as if it is his first suit otherwise he would be taking his money to tailor his current charcoal or navy suit.

how about for the next challenge we do a "casual friday's @ the office" type of look, along the lines of Adrian's last fit...lol

this is a sneakerboard, we should all have kicks in our closet, bust out the jays, airmaxes, tees....etc :D

I'll post a pic of my fit today. Just wearing a black chambray with black A.P.C. and '03 cement 3s.

Chambray is a little big but I think it'll fit perfect after a wash.

By the way I got a blue oxford, blue chambray, and black chambray from Reason Brand's spring line. Good quality and nice, soft, light materials. Pretty slim fit. Realy happy with this purchase. I got medium and like I said it's a lil big but should shrink a lil.

I'll throw my casual fit up today too.

i figure a casual challenge would get people to participate :lol:

try and dress it up some though or at least look well fitted....to stay within the realms of this thread..

What Etsy? I don't live in LA anymore
http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade...ge_rewrite=handmade+bracelet&original_query=2

Just speaking from experience, when I was younger I was 155 and 5'10 and I was a 40. Then again I'm also incredibly broad :lol:
I'm 5'9'' at 155 lbs (raw) 160 lbs (walking weight) and my chest only measures 37". :lol:

Damn man. I'm where I want to be now, 6'1 and 185 lbs, and wearing a 42R in most suits. All of my outerwear is 44 though, 42 is much too small.

Yeah good looking on that site but they looked way too feminin for me...i was looking for something more of this kind....

Besides Uniqlo what's another good decent price brand that sell flannel shirts? no logo on them?

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade...ge_rewrite=handmade+bracelet&original_query=2
I'm 5'9'' at 155 lbs (raw) 160 lbs (walking weight) and my chest only measures 37". :lol:

I'm a little broader myself, 5-8 140 but I am a 38, and even a 40 in some Zara HM type stuff

However, sme brands I can squeeze In a 36 without the lapels bowing, I've learned size labels are NOT accurate , for whoever needs to figure their size just try out a BUNCH of jackets...do not blindly rely on the size on tags ESP with suit jackets..take an experienced sales rep, or go to a tailor, and actually get ur measurements done and try jackets , take pictures and If u need help with the fit then ask the sales rep or bring it to a tailor before you get it altered

Also if ur in between sizes , mot ppl on this board will tell u to go down, but I say to up, as long as the shoulders and chest fit pretty darn close..u can add a shoulder pad , but first u should find a brand that fit

Last edited:
I'd call but i assume so. This is apart of their new S/S line. Just realized this is a cotton suit though. Very good for the upcoming season but worsted wool is best for all year round.

Clean fit. Is that jacket tailored?
I can never find one that fits like that in the arms.

Fade and a tape up tho :smokin

Last edited:
I have friends with business degrees and they go into interviews wearing black suits. My brother does as well. I doubt the interviewer looks at them negatively for wearing it and not following the idea that the internet hates black suits. People always say there aren't rules for clothes but then they say there things you shouldn't wear.

Father is a CEO, cousin is an HR manager, and my aunt is a recruiter for big oil. During the holidays they get together and talk about peps during interviews. One think they all agree on is a black suit. They said its the younger generation that come in fresh off the red carpet. It's all fine and dandy, but they generally dont give a damn. Especially if you intimidate the interviewer or the interview is crap. In the HR world they will tell other HR friends about you at other companies. I had a good friend learn the hard way. I told him a black suit and he just couldn't figure why he couldnt land a good job. His first was crap and other HR managers say him coming from a mile away. I know this because he interviewed with on my pops friends. He switched and got the job.

Black shows conformity, any other may suggest you may be a problem.

I can see suits other than black working in some interviews for certain jobs and in certain parts of the country. If you are a business major, you better be wearing a black suit. Especially in the south.

Last edited:
The point is black suits are not nearly as versatile as people think. If its your only suit black is a horrible option.
Yeah, but those are the people that do think that black goes with everything. I talked to one of my friends about it and he doesn't care. He doesn't like the idea of wearing navy or gray suits. Dude works in a top firm and can buy whatever he wants. I'd be dressing like an updated Gordon Gekko if I were him.

Clean fit. Is that jacket tailored?
I can never find one that fits like that in the arms.

Fade and a tape up tho :smokin
Thanks man. That's actually off the rack. H&M's tweed jacket from this past season. Super slim. Can't even fit a light cardigan under there :\
As for my cut, appreciate it fam. After growing my hair for the past year, feels nice to have a clean cut again. :pimp:

Info on that blazer Pinoy?

Edit: Just saw your post lol

Last edited:
Father is a CEO, cousin is an HR manager, and my aunt is a recruiter for big oil. During the holidays they get together and talk about peps during interviews. One think they all agree on is a black suit. They said its the younger generation that come in fresh off the red carpet. It's all fine and dandy, but they generally dont give a damn. Especially if you intimidate the interviewer or the interview is crap. In the HR world they will tell other HR friends about you at other companies. I had a good friend learn the hard way. I told him a black suit and he just couldn't figure why he couldnt land a good job. His first was crap and other HR managers say him coming from a mile away. I know this because he interviewed with on my pops friends. He switched and got the job.

Black shows conformity, any other may suggest you may be a problem.

I can see suits other than black working in some interviews for certain jobs and in certain parts of the country. If you are a business major, you better be wearing a black suit. Especially in the south.

:x

Making no sense.

:lol: :lol:

Black suits suck but that's my personal opinon. I don't wear black anything to work. It's funny cause I work downtown DC I noticed that white people ONLY wear black dress shoes no matter what. Not trying to offend anyone or be racist in anyway but just don't understand it I guess. Certain outfits would "pop" so much more if they just switched it up, but then again they could care less about style. Black just isn't versatile. More so, solid black. All my shoes are dark brown or walnut because I can wear navy, grey/steel, pinstripes, gingham, etc. I'm late on this one but to the dude that copped some desert boots and claimed they were business casual :smh:

Honestly I think everyone is a little harsh on black suits. YES they are NOT the best option. And if someone is posting in here looking for advice for a first suit, a navy or charcoal makes a lot more sense. However, as wj4 has stated many times, style/fashion/dressing better is a hobby in many regards. If you go into a job interview or any other event (not centered around fashion) and you look put together and fit the dress code, 95% of people won't give a damn. Sure there are some exceptions, but I highly doubt most employers are basing their decisions on what color your suit is. Your presentation in general and resume are much more important. But as stated, if you have the option, go with navy :smokin

It's a social convention that black suits are reserved for formal events and funerals. If someone walks into an interview I'm conducting and they're wearing a black suit, I'm thinking they are either an idiot and if this convention went over their head, who knows what else might OR they are simply trying to defy this convention and if that's the case then that's not someone I would want working under me.

It's a frickin' job interview - play it safe.

Back
Top Bottom