Dressing Better Vol 2.0

695, all of his stuff is OD expensive. I've never seen any on a steep discount either. I'd rather get some Jil Sander stuff at that price.
Agreed!

Today:

If folks think we're snarky, this thread takes the cake for sure: http://www.styleforum.net/t/272980/the-terrible-fashion-blog-thread/585#post_6636362

Wow, I just found out someone submitted one of my pics for the September Style Challenge. I'm embarrassed to be associated with some of them but I guess if you guys wouldn't mind voting for me I'd really appreciate it!

At least they picked out one of my better fits :nthat:

So I just bought the allen edmonds fifth avenue in walnut with the RDA sale and noticed there were imperfections with the brogue design at the cap-toe. I'm not sure if I'm being nitpicky but I expected much more from AE since this is my first pair and I've heard only good things about them from this thread. As you can see from the pictures, the broque strip looks crooked and the sets of two little punched holes are all over the place; one set is very close together, others are far apart or not aligned. Can those who own AEs or this style in particular shed some light on whether I should return them or if this is normal? Thanks!

I think you're being pretty picky. It wouldn't bother me a bit. I am not picky at all, and even if I paid Carmina shell cordovan price for that pair, I would still be fine with 'the defect'.

Scrolled through that thread at SF and I'm actually surprised I've flown under the radar, those dudes are clowns and complete douchebags, to sit there and ridicule people that probably won't ever know or even have a chance to defend themselves gotta be the most vagina thing I've seen....dude Chase sure put some of them in their spot to the point it was best to suggest "hey can you guys stop replying to this ****hat?"

I think you're being pretty picky. It wouldn't bother me a bit. I am not picky at all, and even if I paid Carmina shell cordovan price for that pair, I would still be fine with 'the defect'.

Thanks for your opinion. I guess I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time buying from AE and even with the discount, it came out to $260 and change after tax. My sneakerhead instincts must have took over and instantly thought "B grades" :lol:

Scrolled through that thread at SF and I'm actually surprised I've flown under the radar, those dudes are clowns and complete douchebags, to sit there and ridicule people that probably won't ever know or even have a chance to defend themselves gotta be the most vagina thing I've seen....dude Chase sure put some of them in their spot to the point it was best to suggest "hey can you guys stop replying to this ****hat?"

That entire forum is the most vagina thing I've seen.

Thanks for your opinion. I guess I didn't know what to expect since it was my first time buying from AE and even with the discount, it came out to $260 and change after tax. My sneakerhead instincts must have took over and instantly thought "B grades" :lol:

handmade shoes will never be exactly the same

FYI AE is just the starting point. It's great when on sale. Anything up to the $1k line is middle class, and anything over is superlative zone.

And yes, we welcome patina...no need to walk like a duck to prevent creasing here :smile:

That entire forum is the most vagina thing I've seen.
I wouldn't go that far. That forum has taught me a lot, going beyond clothing construction, but how the field works. Great advices are given in the career and education section by very successful members. There are also a lot of very knowledgeable cats who are willing to break bread with you. You take the bad with the good and keep on moving. I met a couple of cool cats on there that I chill with regularly, just like the cats on NT. I find it funny that the ones that roast the most are the awkward ones...the guys who walk around with a hunch back or take a picture with their hand over their eyes trying to conceal their identity or something.

Last edited:
Styleforum sucks. I dont believe that those clowns have friends or family members who love them in real life. Roasting dudes for having an inseam .05 inches too long/short, then slobbing on dudes wearing pilgrim outfits, hats and all. NT Dressing Better regulars are more rooted in reality

Nature of the Internet, my man. It's on the same token as HT making fun of NTers posting on WAYWT thread back in the mid 2000s when the board was really hostile. This is why I always and continue to encourage the members here not to feed trolls. You post pictures of yourself online, you are an automatic target for some cheap LOLz. We may be on another board and getting made fun of for being sneakerheads 'who try to dress up' as we speak.

Last edited:
I thought SF can be a good place to learn a few things, but it seems SF only wants things done their way. They are opposed to individuality

Nature of the Internet, my man. It's on the same token as HT making fun of NTers posting on WAYWT thread back in the mid 2000s when the board was really hostile. This is why I always and continue to encourage the members here not to feed trolls. You post pictures of yourself online, you are an automatic target for some cheap LOLz. We may be on another board and getting made fun of for being sneakerheads 'who try to dress up' as we speak.

I'm well aware of it, but what I said about that thread is spot on....

Is one thing to pop **** behind a computer screen to one another... IE CowBaboon vs NTDB some hundred pages back.

Is another thing and far worst to pop ***** about other people without them having absolutely no knowledge of it....son that is immature, classless and above all the most estrogen filled behavior I've witnessed online....bunch of catty females on that thread and sure as hell hope they don't represent SF bro.

They even chewed up one of their own members who respectively put them in their place in a very mature manner, know what that thread reminds me of?...the infamous Flamethrower Section of *************, same douchey attitude.

I'm well aware of it, but what I said about that thread is spot on....

Is one thing to pop **** behind a computer screen to one another... IE CowBaboon vs NTDB some hundred pages back.

Is another thing and far worst to pop ***** about other people without them having absolutely no knowledge of it....son that is immature, classless and above all the most estrogen filled behavior I've witnessed online....bunch of catty females on that thread and sure as hell hope they don't represent SF bro.

They even chewed up one of their own members who respectively put them in their place in a very mature manner, know what that thread reminds me of?...the infamous Flamethrower Section of *************, same douchey attitude.

QFT all of it....Stuff like that is what keeps me away from there....They may know how to dress like gentlemen but they **** sure don't know how to act the part....

The basis for that whole forum is men's clothing like NT is rooted in sneakers. Just like plenty of people on here will look down upon folks wearing crappy sneakers or (sometimes even unknowingly) wearing knockoffs, some of them feel a certain air of superiority regarding menswear. It is what it is, if you feel the need to post pictures of yourself online, be prepared for criticism whether it's constructive or just insulting.

I don't know, I've always felt that whether people are willing to admit it or not, most post their pictures because they are looking for validation or simply an ego boost. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's human nature to an extent but opinions differ and you open yourself up to a whole world of them online.

Obviously some of the above might not apply to people who post something looking for advice.

The basis for that whole forum is men's clothing like NT is rooted in sneakers. Just like plenty of people on here will look down upon folks wearing crappy sneakers or (sometimes even unknowingly) wearing knockoffs, some of them feel a certain air of superiority regarding menswear. It is what it is, if you feel the need to post pictures of yourself online, be prepared for criticism whether it's constructive or just insulting.

I don't know, I've always felt that whether people are willing to admit it or not, most post their pictures because they are looking for validation or simply an ego boost. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's human nature to an extent but opinions differ and you open yourself up to a whole world of them online.

Obviously some of the above might not apply to people who post something looking for advice.

not disagreeing with you, fit pics is vain, no denying that and posting them online you do it at your own risk, my problem with them is the secrecy in which they laugh about other "bloggers" or people who post their picture online, like son....go on said persons blog and tell them personally how you feel about them, what they are doing is being a group of gossipy females, dead serious is VERY similar to the Flamethrower over at the other site and we all know how mature that is....going through it is a group of the same guys constantly clowning others, makes me truly wonder what these clowns look like that gives them the authority to be THAT critical and disrespectful.

Styleforum, for the most part, is pretty great. There's a lot of good info on that site, but like any website with thousands of users not all of them are going to be standout people... at least in the kindness department. I don't really go onto the MC side, so it might be a bit different in SW&D. Besides a few posters it's fairly peaceful and helpful most of the time.

I thought SF can be a good place to learn a few things, but it seems SF only wants things done their way. They are opposed to individuality
Sooner or later newbies adopt to a "uniform" which is more or less a white t, apc jeans, GAT and a toj leather jacket :lol:

There's some mind blowing transformations too, like preppy kids who looked like they got straight As to looking like strung out drug addicts.

Styleforum, for the most part, is pretty great. There's a lot of good info on that site, but like any website with thousands of users not all of them are going to be standout people... at least in the kindness department. I don't really go onto the MC side, so it might be a bit different in SW&D. Besides a few posters it's fairly peaceful and helpful most of the time.
They almost fainted when I wore a suit with bulky bluchers rather than elongated balmorals :lol:

I like SF but the groupthink over there is a bit much. But then again, the groupthink in here is pretty strong as well.

not disagreeing with you, fit pics is vain, no denying that and posting them online you do it at your own risk, my problem with them is the secrecy in which they laugh about other "bloggers" or people who post their picture online, like son....go on said persons blog and tell them personally how you feel about them, what they are doing is being a group of gossipy females, dead serious is VERY similar to the Flamethrower over at the other site and we all know how mature that is....going through it is a group of the same guys constantly clowning others, makes me truly wonder what these clowns look like that gives them the authority to be THAT critical and disrespectful.

I hear you. I'm not sure what or where Flamethrower is (HT?) but based on the name I can figure it out. :lol: I tried to get into SF but I just didn't like the vibe over there, when it comes down to it I've just stuck with NT & a sports forum for my alma mater, I read enough nonsense on these two sites. :tongue:

Obviously I won't pull any punches on here but I try not to make it personal aside from sheer stupidity or if someone is hateful/a bigot. I mean, if I say someone's shirt or shoes are ugly and they take it personally, I'm sorry but I can't feel bad about that...it's just material. If I were to insult someone's weight or looks and found out it was something they've struggled with and had low self esteem then it'd bother me so I try to stay away from that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
I hear you. I'm not sure what or where Flamethrower is (HT?) but based on the name I can figure it out. :lol: I tried to get into SF but I just didn't like the vibe over there, when it comes down to it I've just stuck with NT & a sports forum for my alma mater, I read enough nonsense on these two sites. :tongue:

Obviously I won't pull any punches on here but I try not to make it personal aside from sheer stupidity or if someone is hateful/a bigot. I mean, if I say someone's shirt or shoes are ugly and they take it personally, I'm sorry but I can't feel bad about that...it's just material. If I were to insult someone's weight or looks and found out it was something they've struggled with and had low self esteem then it'd bother me so I try to stay away from that kind of stuff.

I know what you mean bro..

Had forgotten I had made an account there a while back, decided to contribute to their forum....let's see.

Back
Top Bottom