Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My boy went to China and got that rush hour 2 treatment, where they line up in front of you, and you pick whichever you want.
It's wild, man.

The rules disappear once you leave a first world country. As much as folks complain about the country, it's still lightyears ahead of other poorer countries.

Back in the homeland, where hooker rate is the highest per capita, chicks would just be sitting on couches on the street waiting as well as outside of upper end eateries/shopping places.

A lot of grimey business goes on too. Back a couple decades, if your pocket was really deep and you wanted to know what it was like to shoot/kill someone, they'd make it happen and you would just walk away once it's done like nothing happened. This partially inspired to make the "Hostage" movies I believe.

thanks for the tips; i'm on Thick As Thieves and they have plenty of model pics using you and wj4 :lol: . I guess an extra hundred or two wouldnt hurt for good quality. any tips that i should be familiar with?
Yeah, I sent the pictures in since I take outfit pictures anyway. Same with A :lol:

My boy went to China and got that rush hour 2 treatment, where they line up in front of you, and you pick whichever you want.
It's wild, man.

The rules disappear once you leave a first world country. As much as folks complain about the country, it's still lightyears ahead of other poorer countries.

Back in the homeland, where hooker rate is the highest per capita, chicks would just be sitting on couches on the street waiting as well as outside of upper end eateries/shopping places.

A lot of grimey business goes on too. Back a couple decades, if your pocket was really deep and you wanted to know what it was like to shoot/kill someone, they'd make it happen and you would just walk away once it's done like nothing happened. This partially inspired to make the "Hostage" movies I believe.

Do you mean Hostel?

And I'm fairly certain that still goes in parts of the world :lol:

Wis, you have some explaining to do.

for those with large quads/calves, what kind of jeans are ya'll rocking? i used to be able to rock the APC new standards but i started to hit the squat rack, now it just looks weird and can't really find a good fit.

for those with large quads/calves, what kind of jeans are ya'll rocking? i used to be able to rock the APC new standards but i started to hit the squat rack, now it just looks weird and can't really find a good fit.

484 Fit Denim from J.Crew. Kidding.

I believe any "slim straight" fits are the proper ones to go with if you have large quads/calves.

what do you guys think about this duffle coat from uniqlo ? been looking for one in camel colour, and this one seems to look pretty decent and i can't complain about the price. i live in canada so i'd have to get a friend to buy it and to reship it to me, so it'd be a headache and a half to do any sort of return on it after i get it.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...lothing/mens-outerwear/mens-jackets-and-coats

this one from gap intrigues me as well, i think it looks pretty good.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=87327&vid=1&pid=767314022

opinions or other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A couple of things: Need a nice navy or grey tweed slim fit blazer (46r) and a nice belt to match my walnut Dalton's. Like to keep under $200 if possible.

A couple of things: Need a nice navy or grey tweed slim fit blazer (46r) and a nice belt to match my walnut Dalton's. Like to keep under $200 if possible.
$200 for ALL? Either way, either visit fast fashion brands or hit up Adrian for thrifted items.

For the dudes that workout, squats and deadlifts, I found the 484 jcrew fit to fit odd still. I'm a 30W and the waist would fit but my thighs and calves wouldn't at all.

Tried on the Urban Slim Fit and those are money. Fit on the waist and thighs/calves a bit better.

I'm forever searching for the perfect fitting jeans. Gonna try the new 770 from jcrew as their slim straight are too baggy for me.

Do it. I checked it out in person - very nice. I bought a bunch of stuff from BR this season (first time in maybe 5 years) and so far I've been impressed.
:lol: I saw the pieces already and blogged about it yesterday. I feel the same. The sweaters and collared waist coat caught my attention.

I really like the blue tone unlike the Lim collection for Target which looked faded.
You think a blazer and belt will be over $200?
Yep. A belt would be at least $50 for a somewhat quality one. Blazer is at least $300 for a decent quality one.

If you don't care about quality and just want the look, go with fast fashion like I mentioned.

I'm forever searching for the perfect fitting jeans. Gonna try the new 770 from jcrew as their slim straight are too baggy for me.

Actually I liked the fit on the new 770 more then I did the urban slims but they only had those in denims. I think youll like them.

IN STORES & ONLINE: EXTRA 30% OFF FALL SALE ITEMS WITH CODE FALLSALE
yea that ones plastered on every page, was wondering is there was something i could use on general items.

the deep navy fair isle sweater is 
nthat.gif

Got a pair of Joe's Jeans in their Brixton slim straight fit and they're my best fitting pair of jeans I think (I also have bigger thighs/calves). Some stretch to them as well. J Crew 484s fit similar to Levi's 511 and they don't exactly work with my body type.

$200 for ALL? Either way, either visit fast fashion brands or hit up Adrian for thrifted items.

Like Wis said fast fashion American Eagle has one for 120$ right now or if Walmart still has some of those Harris tweeds laying around for 75$ still upset I missed out on that...

I see Abercrombie come out with a new "Made in America" line with shirts made by New England Shirt Company in Falls River Mass. and Jeans made by Cone Denim in Greensboro N.C. not gonna lie some of the flannel shirts and the jeans don't look too terrible prices are still crazy for a mall brand though....

Had to reup on what I consider to be the quintessential slim jean/pant (the right pair is the new "midnight" colour which is pretty much identical to my black pair :rolleyes):

Also went to check out the D&S cardigan Wis posted yesterday. Pretty nifty piece and I definitely want something similar. Wasn't on sale though so it was a no-go.

How would you compare the "SkinnyGuy" fit with the fit of Levi's jeans? Are they similar to 511s? Thanks!

Last edited:

Two weeks ago or so I went to J. Crew to check these out. The 484's would definitely not work for you but when I tried on da 770's I felt the thigh/seat was slightly larger but the calves/opening was noticeably larger so you should be good with those. It really is a perfect medium between slim straight and 484. The Lands End straight (or it might be slim straight, I'll need to verify) fit similar to 770s IMO.

Got a pair of Joe's Jeans in their Brixton slim straight fit and they're my best fitting pair of jeans I think (I also have bigger thighs/calves). Some stretch to them as well. J Crew 484s fit similar to Levi's 511 and they don't exactly work with my body type.

I had a pair of black Joe's jeans that I loved to death but I washed them incorrectly one day and they were completely faded. I think it was Brixton fit as well but they were perfect. When I get back home I will verify.

Back
Top Bottom