Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone ever get a pair of Gustin jeans? Thinking of placing an order...it'll be my first pair of selvedge just a little different due to them waiting til a set number of orders are placed before shipping out

I'd made a comment a long time ago in here when I'd seen they were having this like 70% sale and things were dirt cheap. Flannels were $20 or something and I was surprised they had some decent stuff...if they didn't plaster logos over everything. I'm not wearing a sweater with a ******g moose on it.
laugh.gif
It came up the other day I'd gotten a flannel as a gift a couple years ago and like you said, a Medium that I usually wear was like compression gear. I just can't get into but if it works for you, by all means.
Agree about the logo. I won't wear AF if the Moose sticks out like a sore thumb.

I feel like that with all logos nowadays; it just seems tacky to me to be peacocking by flashing logos. Recently spent the better part of a weekend selling all my Polo, Lacoste and Burberry clothes with logos.

i need a dressier pair myself, i copped a pair from american eagle for winter use but i want something a bit dressier in the vain of daltons. 

What does/has J Crew typically done in the past for BF?

In general do you guys find a lot of stores have a lot of good BF deals? Every paycheck I go to the mall and try and buy one item or two, but damn dressing better sure is expensive. I am still rocking my 40$ dress shoes proudly each day at work.

I ALWAYS see things I love at J Crew, specifically a lot of the pants/chinos. But I can't stomach spending 80-90$ on a pair, so I always find myself in the clearance section picking up a shirt or slacks

In general do you guys find a lot of stores have a lot of good BF deals? Every paycheck I go to the mall and try and buy one item or two, but damn dressing better sure is expensive. I am still rocking my 40$ dress shoes proudly each day at work.

I ALWAYS see things I love at J Crew, specifically a lot of the pants/chinos. But I can't stomach spending 80-90$ on a pair, so I always find myself in the clearance section picking up a shirt or slacks

I put my money aside and wait for sales. there is a sale at most stores at least every other month

What's up with this threads fascination of J.Crew suits? Last time I checked, they were all made through a "fusion" process and the quality is pretty disappointing. If they we're made properly like the way the video shows, then i'd be more inclined to buy from them. Those suits won't last so long and after a while it'll lose it's form.

I understand people have budgets, but I think it's worth it to save up and buy a decent quality suit that was made properly.

Last edited:
idk about everyone else, but for my budget they're good, also I've heard nothing but good things about them. I've never heard anyone say they're bad, just that things on the higher end are better. Plus most people when they come in here are on a time line and don't have time to save up 7-1k for a high end suit. Unless you're wearing it daily it will last for years I'm sure. I have a jc penny suit from about 6 years ago that doesn't fit me correctly but if i really needed to I know i could rock cause I've worn it like 4 times lol

Come tax time I'll be copping from either suit supply or ludlow depending on what fits better off the rack. 

idk about everyone else, but for my budget they're good, also I've heard nothing but good things about them. I've never heard anyone say they're bad, just that things on the higher end are better. Plus most people when they come in here are on a time line and don't have time to save up 7-1k for a high end suit. Unless you're wearing it daily it will last for years I'm sure. I have a jc penny suit from about 6 years ago that doesn't fit me correctly but if i really needed to I know i could rock cause I've worn it like 4 times lol

Come tax time I'll be copping from either suit supply or ludlow depending on what fits better off the rack. 

Ludlows are around $525. Save up another $300 and you can get a decent Hugo Boss suit or even some Canali's

Ludlows are around $525. Save up another $300 and you can get a decent Hugo Boss suit or even some Canali's
that requires the time needed to save $300, and that's not including the promo codes that are often out there for jcrew which can cop you a ludlow for around 300-400 bucks. idk about you but saving 300 bucks takes me probably  a month and a half after paying bills,rent,food cause I'm not balling (yet).  If i needed a suit asap and i see how good ludlow looks on everyone in this thread and the jcrew catalogs and it fits so nice off the rack which limits my tailor fees. why wouldn't you go with that. Unless I'm wearing it on the regular the construction of the suit won't be a big deal. I'll probably rock my suit once I get it, at the most once or twice a month and that's going to include me rocking a suit just cause it's new and wearing it out and being overdressed. 

Ludlow suits are half-canvassed. Last time I handled a $800 Hugo Boss suit at Off Saks, they were 100% fused....

The most J.Crew has done on Black Friday for the past 5 years is 25% off of everything/ 40% off of clearance. Of course, things possibly could be different this year, however, I wouldn't count on it. The best discounts on J.Crew winter apparel has always been in January.

Last edited:
The most J.Crew has done on Black Friday for the past 5 years is 25% off of everything/ 40% off of clearance. Of course, things possibly could be different this year, however, I wouldn't count on it. The best discounts on J.Crew winter apparel has always been in January.

Pretty sure it was 40% two years ago

What's up with this threads fascination of J.Crew suits? Last time I checked, they were all made through a "fusion" process and the quality is pretty disappointing. If they we're made properly like the way the video shows, then i'd be more inclined to buy from them. Those suits won't last so long and after a while it'll lose it's form.

I understand people have budgets, but I think it's worth it to save up and buy a decent quality suit that was made properly.

arent you the young wall street guy?

you prob dont wear j crew anyways, just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom