Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can anyone on here speak on hair products? I know this is a dressing better thread, but I figured i'd give this a try.

I'm going for the "hair part" look and my barber recommended I use wax to style my hair. I have thin and flat hair, so I need something that will give me volume. I also don't want that super shiny look.

Someone told me to look into Pomade.
If your hair is thin you can probably get away with using a mousse to style then hair spray to hold it.  If that's too excessive then maybe try American Crew Fiber.  I have a friend who uses it and it gives off a matte look and he's able to get a nice part.

I use Eufora For Men Texture Putty because I have thick hair, so I need a really strong hold.  It gives off a matte look, but it's a pain to style because it settles quick and it's too thick for a comb, so you have to use your hands, which rules out a nice part
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
I use Gatsby wax, but my hair is too coarse/straight to comb to the side - my hair guy recommended that I just get an undercut and keep it long up top and add texture.

If you're looking to part, any pomade/wax is good to use.

Can anyone on here speak on hair products? I know this is a dressing better thread, but I figured i'd give this a try.

I'm going for the "hair part" look and my barber recommended I use wax to style my hair. I have thin and flat hair, so I need something that will give me volume. I also don't want that super shiny look.

I really like American Crew Fiber. It lasts awhile, and has pretty good hold. No shine either

I'll give American Crew Fiber a chance. I did like what I saw with Johnny B. Maybe If I don't like how ACF works, I'll try that.

Thanks, a lot DB crew :pimp:

Edit: I tried giving reps to everyone who responded to my question, but I ran out of reps. Sorry to the people who couldn't get rep :frown:

Last edited:
I'll give American Crew Fiber a chance. I did like what I saw with Johnny B. Maybe If I don't like how ACF works, I'll try that.

Thanks, a lot DB crew :pimp:

Edit: I tried giving reps to everyone who responded to my question, but I ran out of reps. Sorry to the people who couldn't get rep :frown:

Very welcome, my man. If I get a chance I'll take a pic of what my hair looks like so you can get an idea of the hold and how it changes texture/shines

Last edited:
Anybody in here currently working on a pair of Selvedge Denimzzz?

I'm 3 months in and the stank is getting bad...

I must say, they are coming along quite nicely... except that stank part.

I should start using hair product, never have but I think it may be time to start trying to style it.

Try putting them in the freezer. The bacteria that is giving the smell should freeze and die...supposedly.

I should start using hair product, never have but I think it may be time to start trying to style it.
Try putting them in the freezer. The bacteria that is giving the smell should freeze and die...supposedly.
I thought folks were trolling at first but they actually do this. I've also heard of putting them in the dryer for 15 mins.

I personally don't do either.

I thought folks were trolling at first but they actually do this. I've also heard of putting them in the dryer for 15 mins.

I personally don't do either.

I've done it a couple of times only, once they start having a smell and it's worked for me. Otherwise I usually don't do anything to my denim either.

Man, just wash them
laugh.gif
.  You can hand wash them in your bathtub if you want to be careful, but I threw mine in the washer on the delicate cycle with Woolite Darks detergent.

When I first got my APCs they were really smooth, but got a little rough in the washer.  I stopped caring after that and threw them in whenever they got dirty or started to smell, whichever came first.  They're still holding up after 2 years and have a nice fade.

I get a lot go good info from this dudes YouTube Chanel

Doesn't work. 

Looks for my journalism internship. I was told that D.C. is a conservative town, but I try to be colorful here and there.
All suits are from H&M, got them tailored.
All shirts are Express 1MX Extra slim fit (gotta dry clean them or else they shrink in the sleeves:tongue:)

Disapointed I couldn't find a navy suit with double vents, H&M only has them in single:smh:

)

Last edited:
Looks for my journalism internship. I was told that D.C. is a conservative town, but I try to be colorful here and there.
All suits are from H&M, got them tailored.
All shirts are Express 1MX Extra slim fit (gotta dry clean them or else they shrink in the sleeves:tongue:)

Disapointed I couldn't find a navy suit with double vents, H&M only has them in single:smh:

)

Everything looks good. Perfect example how you don't have to spend a lot to look good as long as you have a good tailor.

Quick Tip. Banana Republic is offering 40% off Reg Price if you like follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pintrest. No restrictions so the blazers aren't excluded this time around. Suit comes down to about 300 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom