Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone in this thread own Allen Edmonds "MacNeil" 2.0 and/or Church's Grafton's ???

Contemplating between those two. I'm well aware of the price difference lol.

Looking for any sizing advice and wear/tear experience.

Thanks in advance

:smile:

Any of y'all ever rock a suit with Chelseas?
No

Jk I see people wear leather chelseas with suits all the time

Never with suede chelseas though
I wear dark brown suede chelseas with suits all the time. Here's from a few weeks back:

Nice fit A.

I haven't been on SF for a while until yesterday checking out the leather jacket thread and boy, some of them are uppity as hell. They seemed to be bashing the hoodie under a leather jacket look.

Smh

Suit supply tux came in for my wedding. Copped both a 40 jacket 34 pants and a 42 jacket 36 pants. 40 jacket was a little too tight and shoulders were kinda bulging, the 42 fit perfect at the shoulders just needs to be taken in at the waist a good bit. But man the pants cant be sized right. Usually a 34 works good for me and maybe 36 if they are slim fit pants to fit my thighs but the 36 was still tight around the thighs and the waist doesn't seem like it's a 36. They fit more like 34's smh. I don't skip leg day but still smh. Going to return the other tux and try to exchange the 36 pants for 38

^ Which tux did you cop, fam?

I have a swanky work anniversary party next month, but don't know if I should drop a grip on a Suitsupply tux (I'm bulking).

^ Which tux did you cop, fam?

I have a swanky work anniversary party next month, but don't know if I should drop a grip on a Suitsupply tux (I'm bulking).

Just went with the black plain tuxedo:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/even...tuxedo/P1199I-S.html?cgid=Eveningwear_Package

The jacket fit is pretty good but the pants legs are pretty slim in the thigh. May have to size up especially if you're bulking :lol:. I'm cutting now so I figured it wouldn't be too bad later on but the thighs are still too tight with the 36. They've got free shipping and returns so if you've got it I'd say go for it and if it doesn't fit well return it.

Did anyone Pickup any Futura x Uniqlo shirts? They're having a buy 3 for the price of 2 sale. Got 6 total

Looking for a light grey/heather grey pullover hoody (no thanks to HM or Uniqlo on this one) that's no more than $75. Prefer quality over warmth, any suggestions?

Anybody have the Ludlow suit from JCrew? I typically wear a 42-L-44-L in jacket, 34x34 in pants. 6 ft 2 (200lb) Are there suits TTS ?Are y'all familiar with Italian Chino material? Any help is good, thanks!

I have a Ludlow suit from a few years ago. Not a fan due to the button stance on the jacket; it's really low compared to most suits, and to me, it makes it look like I'm wearing a jacket that's too large when it's buttoned (which is why I always keep mine unbuttoned when I wear it).

I'm probably going to try Suit Supply for my next suit since it's a lot cheaper and better looking to me, but I'm not sure if they'll work for me due to not being able to get suit separates. I'm a slim guy, but my lower body is much more built than my upper body, so I'm concerned that a smaller suit jacket size will result in pants that are too tight for me.

Last edited:
Anybody have the Ludlow suit from JCrew? I typically wear a 42-L-44-L in jacket, 34x34 in pants. 6 ft 2 (200lb) Are there suits TTS ?Are y'all familiar with Italian Chino material? Any help is good, thanks!

I have one ludlow chino suit and 8 ludlow jackets. Also 3 pairs of ludlow slim pants. If you're saying you are in between a 42 and 44L I would highly suggest going in to a store try one on. I've actually found their sizing to be a little inconsistent but I think that is to be expected from a mall brand.

Hi guys, I used to be in the original thread a lot. Then I got a girlfriend and got fat and started not dressing up as much :lol:

I still have most of my clothes but haven't really been wearing them.

It's ironic. Back in community college in 2012, I would dress up practically everyday. It made me feel unique, I felt 'grown'.

As some years passed, I felt like I missed the opportunity to dress kind of 'childish'. I felt like I was trying to be older than I was.

I realized I wouldn't be 'allowed' to dress young as I got older, so I reverted and bought little baggier jeans that I used to always think were cool, some sports jerseys that I never got around to owning.

Now my closet is a mixture of both :lol:

I think on 'off' days I'm gonna dress as a regular ol urban youth. And when the days come that I feel like wanting to dress up a bit, I can.

I'm 25 going on 26 now. Looking at my closet, I have a lot of decent pieces.

They're definitely not the best as damn near 80% of my closet is from the thrift store as well as sale items.

So what's "it" these days. I feel like I'm so out of the loop when it comes to dressing better.

I see a lot of you guys talking about suit supply. Sounds like they're the to go guys?

Any other staples I should be looking for? I know for ties, thetiebar used to be really good?

Where else shall I dive back into this deep dressing better world.

Last edited:
anyone ever get their wolverines or redwings resoled? I think my wolverines are due now

what can I expect to pay?

Has anyone owned a Helmut Lang hoodie before? How's quality and fit? UNKWN is having a sale, not sure if I'd be a medium or large

Back
Top Bottom