Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah, nobody is praising Uniqlo like that... don't know what mans is talking about. It also is far better than H&M.

On a side note: I was out at a club for the first time in ages and every other dude had on Chelsea boots. But they looked like the same... like some cheap H&M joints. Very ugly pointy looking joints. It just really stood out to me.

My favs are the Bottegas and SLP ones. CP are nice too. Boots have to be good quality for them to appear nice. Otherwise they just look off.

I agree but like dude above said NR has good looking boots. I'm not saying this because I own and can only afford those. Im saying it because I've seen them pulled off nicely with some fits.

what are some good skinny type jeans that look good with sneakers...like jordan 1s, etc

saw some people talking about Abercrombie Felix....anyone have these? If so, how are they?

Could never do any Chelsea besides SLP.

Their shape is literally perfect for my aesthetic.

Have been holding out for chained harness boots for the longest but my impatience is going to make me settle for the regular leather harness pair.

what are some good skinny type jeans that look good with sneakers...like jordan 1s, etc

saw some people talking about Abercrombie Felix....anyone have these? If so, how are they?
I personally like GAP skinny jeans. They usually have a 40-50% off deal. I take em to tailor to get tapered to 6.5. I’ve heard good things about Uniqlo

Preferably $100 or below. Not overly warm, because I’m in California.

I’m a big fan of quilted jackets. You can dress them up or down. For a business casual work environment maybe one of these. Both less than $100:

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-cl...ylon-jacket/G7022?color_name=distressed-olive

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-cl...jackets/greyson-jacket/B8465?color_name=black

These 2 below are my go-to jackets for work. (Business casual as well. Engineering firm though so I’m usually the best dressed dude in there :lol:) both of these are Ralph Lauren:

C335BDA6-6FF3-4D0D-AFB2-A57EA42E0C9F.jpeg

2DC3895C-06F1-46C5-A97F-18450E0D2FEB.jpeg

I’m a big fan of quilted jackets. You can dress them up or down. For a business casual work environment maybe one of these. Both less than $100:

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-cl...ylon-jacket/G7022?color_name=distressed-olive

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-cl...jackets/greyson-jacket/B8465?color_name=black

These 2 below are my go-to jackets for work. (Business casual as well. Engineering firm though so I’m usually the best dressed dude in there :lol:) both of these are Ralph Lauren:

C335BDA6-6FF3-4D0D-AFB2-A57EA42E0C9F.jpeg

2DC3895C-06F1-46C5-A97F-18450E0D2FEB.jpeg

How about sizing? I’m 5’9 175, muscular build

^ You go to a tailor, who tapers the jeans for you.

Usually, you tell him/her you want the jeans tapered/slimmed from the knee down to the leg opening at X inches (e.g. 6.5").
This will cost around $10-15.

if its dress shirt length, it works better with separates vs a full suit (i.e. flannel navy jacket with heavy weight grey glenplaid trousers).

Can anyone recommend some slim fitting gloves? Only ones I can think of are the North Face gloves everyone wears. I bought some leather shearling lined gloves from Ugg but they look so puffy on my hands.

Can anyone recommend some slim fitting gloves? Only ones I can think of are the North Face gloves everyone wears. I bought some leather shearling lined gloves from Ugg but they look so puffy on my hands.

Buy some gloves with cashmere lining. Not sure you can expect to find a slim fit gloves while keeping your hands warm at the same time.

I have a couple pairs of the leather gloves from club Monaco. Expensive at retail but I think I got mine for less than $50 each

If anything, buy some of the thread that activates touch screen and sow into the tips of fingers. Rather simple and you won't have to buy new gloves.

Yeah, your hands will be freezing in cashmere lined gloves. Maybe buy some handwarmers too.

Back
Top Bottom