Dressing better

I've always been weary of wearing say... a dark brown blazer with black dress shoes. I'm not sure it goes well. I've seen it done more than acouple times and it looks good but whenever I think of doing that myself I can't seem to get myself to do it. I have this idea that the brown blazershould go with brown shoes. Am I wrong or can I pull off a chocolate brown w/ black shoes combo?

Originally Posted by gko2408

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Any help on the fit of those Clark's Desert Boots?
From sufu, I've gathered that clarks DB fit one size down from your "normal" shoe size.

I wear size 11 dunks, I wear size 10 converse all stars, 11 in vans slips and zapatos boat shoes, and a 10 in Clarks DB.
Thanks for the info. Now to find a site where I can buy these shoes within more of my price range.
The clarks outlets have the black ones on sale for 29.99
If they don't have them in the store they can do a shipping order (shipping is free)

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Any help on the fit of those Clark's Desert Boots?
From sufu, I've gathered that clarks DB fit one size down from your "normal" shoe size.

I wear size 11 dunks, I wear size 10 converse all stars, 11 in vans slips and zapatos boat shoes, and a 10 in Clarks DB.
Thanks for the info. Now to find a site where I can buy these shoes within more of my price range.
The clarks outlets have the black ones on sale for 29.99
If they don't have them in the store they can do a shipping order (shipping is free)

eek.gif
30 bucks? in.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

looks like i should switch my style up a lil also....

-J23C
aww, you need a lil help from me brother
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i have actually just recently been getting into Polo and 'grown man' clothing as of late...otherwise its the straight off the block look
eyes.gif

-J23C

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

What does somebody where with this leather blazer?

Wear...keep it in your closet unless you're MJ.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I was going to say the same thing. I can see MJ in a turtle neck under thatleather jacket and baggy jeans on too.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

i think lebron might be one of the more style endowed in the NBA, in terms of the way he coordinates and how his clothes fit...

lebron-james.jpg

You should be giving props to his stylist, Lebron doesn't know how to dress better than most NBA players
happy.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ap-cavaliers-lebronongq&prov=ap&type=lgns
Article:

A few years ago, James hired a personal stylist who helps with his wardrobe. But he joked that someone else may have more to do with his trendy duds.

"I have to thank (NBA commissioner) David Stern," James said. "Ever since he put in the rule about having to get dressed for the game, I had to get dressed."

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

one of the old work outfits I used to get alot of compliments on

l_484b763b45ab4bacb8b9a09bf6a462cb.jpg
Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

You ruined a nice outfit with those shoes, the fit looks horrible.

HATERADE?

Haterade indeed, that fit is fly as hell. I think every piece works, NH.
Outfit is alright. Nothing to go crazy about. The shoes really throw the entire outfit off though.

That three-piece outfit is okay. It's cool...stylish...most of all, it's HIS. you won't see this replicated around town, so hats off for pullingthat fit out bro.

"Try Hugo Boss like stated, my friend is kinda built like you, he's 6'' and is 160 lbs. They are pretty pricey though. My friend stocks up onthem like crazy when Nordy has their annual sales."
THIS IS THEE TRUTH. Holt Renfrew had a sale and I got 5 shirts and literally saved hundreds.

I'll post pics of me in a med later...

Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

one of the old work outfits I used to get alot of compliments on

l_484b763b45ab4bacb8b9a09bf6a462cb.jpg
Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

You ruined a nice outfit with those shoes, the fit looks horrible.

HATERADE?

Haterade indeed, that fit is fly as hell. I think every piece works, NH.
Outfit is alright. Nothing to go crazy about. The shoes really throw the entire outfit off though.
Even though I dont really like the shoes, they fit right in with that outfit. Without them he would look just like the next man, and thats a not agood thing in my book. They give some unique style and thats what I always try to do.

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

i think lebron might be one of the more style endowed in the NBA, in terms of the way he coordinates and how his clothes fit...

lebron-james.jpg

You should be giving props to his stylist, Lebron doesn't know how to dress better than most NBA players
happy.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ap-cavaliers-lebronongq&prov=ap&type=lgns
Article:

A few years ago, James hired a personal stylist who helps with his wardrobe. But he joked that someone else may have more to do with his trendy duds.

"I have to thank (NBA commissioner) David Stern," James said. "Ever since he put in the rule about having to get dressed for the game, I had to get dressed."

The NBA Dress Code is a blessing in diguise and I think Chris Paul is by far the best dressed in the NBA word to Damon Jones

laugh.gif

I'll put in my two cents here.

- The shoes are important and so are the socks because when you wear loafers, which are pretty low cut, and your pants fit, your socks will show when you sitdown and you can and should have solid colors or patterns that fit in the with the general color scheme of your out fit.

- Shoes that are not sneakers and that have laces tend to be boat shoes or pretty formal loafers. Both shoes are good to have, the former for wearing or forother casual clothes and the latter goes very well with business suits. The first shoe you should get though are brown, lace-less loafers because they workwell with jeans and anything short of a suit.

- Tailoring is very underrated. It is popular, in some circles, to call wearing anything but tee shirts and baggy jeans, "dressing up" or"getting your grown man on." Unfortunately, buying button downed shirts does not guarantee being stylish and that is evident by all of the douchebags that you see at the club whose shirt lots two sizes too big. Even if you get a shirt that fits better than that, it is good to get it to a tailor becausehe or she will give your shirt a taper toward the waist and insure that sleeves are the right length and that your shirt goes from being good fit to a perfectfit. Also, it does not cost very much.

Glad to see anyone make the switch. I started to completely revamp my wardrobe about 2 years ago. And I do not regret it for 1 second.

If I was a NBA'er.

I'd have a stylist too.

They can get hard to find stuff for you and everything.

They could give me suggestions, and I would give my input on what type of look I'm going for.

No question about it.

if it hasn't been said already...

j crew
banana republic
the gap
sometimes even american eagle (had a nice cheap trench coat that i picked up...like 80 dollars. goes for like 65-70 now.

dress with layers. get a nice trench coat, a pea coat, an m 65, and maybe a north face depending on where you live.

you need a pair of real good black dress shoes and brown dress shoes...
a pair of boots would be nice as well...loafers too.

for dress shirts and pants i'd go with a few white shirts, a few blue shirts, a few grey/charcoal dress pants, a few brown dress pants.

you can find nice ties anywhere. the brand doesn't matter.

later on i'd get a nice bag to carry work in. get rid of the bookbag and get a nice bag to put your laptop and any documents in.

h and m isn't a bad option either for cheap stuff that looks good. american apparel has nice stuff too sometimes.

as far as sweaters, get cardigans, v necks, crew necks etc. get scarves too for the winter time.

this is over time tho.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

- The shoes are important and so are the socks because when you wear loafers, which are pretty low cut, and your pants fit, your socks will show when you sit down and you can and should have solid colors or patterns that fit in the with the general color scheme of your out fit.

- Shoes that are not sneakers and that have laces tend to be boat shoes or pretty formal loafers. Both shoes are good to have, the former for wearing or for other casual clothes and the latter goes very well with business suits. The first shoe you should get though are brown, lace-less loafers because they work well with jeans and anything short of a suit.

- Tailoring is very underrated. It is popular, in some circles, to call wearing anything but tee shirts and baggy jeans, "dressing up" or "getting your grown man on." Unfortunately, buying button downed shirts does not guarantee being stylish and that is evident by all of the douche bags that you see at the club whose shirt lots two sizes too big. Even if you get a shirt that fits better than that, it is good to get it to a tailor because he or she will give your shirt a taper toward the waist and insure that sleeves are the right length and that your shirt goes from being good fit to a perfect fit. Also, it does not cost very much.

Rex I know you were at Northridge (dunno if you still are) but what are some good tailors in the valley area?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

- The shoes are important and so are the socks because when you wear loafers, which are pretty low cut, and your pants fit, your socks will show when you sit down and you can and should have solid colors or patterns that fit in the with the general color scheme of your out fit.

- Shoes that are not sneakers and that have laces tend to be boat shoes or pretty formal loafers. Both shoes are good to have, the former for wearing or for other casual clothes and the latter goes very well with business suits. The first shoe you should get though are brown, lace-less loafers because they work well with jeans and anything short of a suit.

- Tailoring is very underrated. It is popular, in some circles, to call wearing anything but tee shirts and baggy jeans, "dressing up" or "getting your grown man on." Unfortunately, buying button downed shirts does not guarantee being stylish and that is evident by all of the douche bags that you see at the club whose shirt lots two sizes too big. Even if you get a shirt that fits better than that, it is good to get it to a tailor because he or she will give your shirt a taper toward the waist and insure that sleeves are the right length and that your shirt goes from being good fit to a perfect fit. Also, it does not cost very much.

Rex I know you were at Northridge (dunno if you still are) but what are some good tailors in the valley area?
Not exactly Northridge, but still in the SFV...that tailoring store at the Glendale Galleria right above the food court. It's where I get allof my expensive denims 'original hemmed' to 30'' inseam. It's where Nordy goes to too, when they are swamped.

i absolutely hate when i see people wearing navy with black . . just doesn't look right in my opinion.

my style has drastically changed the past year or so . . although, i do like to throw on a tee & sneakers every now and then.

but is it just me or dressing up seems like it can only be done to it's full potential when it's not hot outside?

'cause i don't know about you all . . but i don't want to be wearing slacks / jeans / button-ups on the regular during summertime . . it'stoooo damn hot.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

i absolutely hate when i see people wearing navy with black . . just doesn't look right in my opinion.

my style has drastically changed the past year or so . . although, i do like to throw on a tee & sneakers every now and then.

but is it just me or dressing up seems like it can only be done to it's full potential when it's not hot outside?

'cause i don't know about you all . . but i don't want to be wearing slacks / jeans / button-ups on the regular during summertime . . it's toooo damn hot.
It's the same reason why you wouldn't wear a full 3 pc suit to go to a gym. In the SoCal summer, I'm usually in a t shirt and shorts.

^That is what lightweight fabrics are for.

And you can still look nice in the summer as long as you're not wearing some huge t-shirt and baggy cargo shorts.
Several summers back when I had to go to the court house on the regular, I would always try to wear lighter colors and lightweight shirts/slacks,but I was still sweating horribly. Yes, that's how I dress in the summer. Shorts that go down the knee cap, being the baggiest. And shirts that arefitted.

Back
Top Bottom