Dressing better

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by THE ANOMOLIE

Im 6'1. Im and thinking about copping some Ralph Lauren Tee's. Whats a good size? XL?

I'd go 2X unless you want your belly button and crack coming out whenever you move your arms from your side
eyes.gif

I'm 5'11 and a MEDIUM
laugh.gif
Word. Get a large.

Im not feelin those shoes wit that fit at all. (nice fit btw) but then again im in here to learn a thing or two so what do i know?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by tml09

What's a good brand of dress (sport) shirts that look good untucked? I've tried alot, and the Express 1 mx large fit perfectly, but they are too long. Any help? Something that fits like them, but is shorter and looks good untucked.

Thanks again.
Express 1MX shirts are not sport shirts. They're regular button ups meant to be tucked in, that's why they are long.

Try Hugo Boss like stated, my friend is kinda built like you, he's 6'' and is 160 lbs. They are pretty pricey though. My friend stocks up on them like crazy when Nordy has their annual sales.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info. They used to have a Nordstrom around here but they closed it down (at least I believe there was, my mind may be playin tricks on me). Justchecked the site and the closest one 20 miles away lol. I'll go there next weekend. Thanks again. Baller23217: What size did you get?

Hopefully they fit your build, man. Yeah stores like Nordy and Neiman are not at all malls, they gotta choose the locations wisely.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i agree with all the dudes in here saying chill on the Polo.

when i am dressing up for a function, i NEVER wear Polo.

why?

because i hate when dudes think that to look formal, all they have to do is throw on something Polo. i feel like having that horse on your shirt just takes away from your overall ensemble and the way you put your outfit together. i was at a banquet the other day, and a guy there was wearing a Polo sweater, dress pants with the Polo logo, and Polo socks (visible when he sat down). IMO, that tells me he doesn't really have that much personal style. maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. but wearing Polo from head to toe all the time and thinking you're fresh just because you paid money implies to me that you don't really have an innate sense of style OF YOUR OWN. that's why that Lucky Luchinano dude is so lame to me.

formal dressing is about the style, not the brand. honestly, most of my formal wear (with the exception of suits) is from Kohls and Marshall's clearance. all my Polo is saved for casual wear.

I AGREE with every word you said. PEOPLE TAKE NOTES.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

one of the old work outfits I used to get alot of compliments on

l_484b763b45ab4bacb8b9a09bf6a462cb.jpg
Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

why?

because i hate when dudes think that to look formal, all they have to do is throw on something Polo. i feel like having that horse on your shirt just takes away from your overall ensemble and the way you put your outfit together. i was at a banquet the other day, and a guy there was wearing a Polo sweater, dress pants with the Polo logo, and Polo socks (visible when he sat down). IMO, that tells me he doesn't really have that much personal style. maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. but wearing Polo from head to toe all the time and thinking you're fresh just because you paid money implies to me that you don't really have an innate sense of style OF YOUR OWN. that's why that Lucky Luchinano dude is so lame to me.

formal dressing is about the style, not the brand. honestly, most of my formal wear (with the exception of suits) is from Kohls and Marshall's clearance. all my Polo is saved for casual wear.

the realest words in this thread. couldn't have said it any better.

I'm feelin thinkinFRESH's outfit just not the shoes, I feel they should be less casual if that's what the rest of the fit's lookin like.

No holmes, but post a pic of how a M looks on a 5'11 guy. I can't imagine it, unless you're 5'11 in heels. A medium shirt wouldn't evenreach my waistband. And then after you wash and dry it a few times. You're wearing a halter top

This dude's pants seem to be riding an inch low so that distorts it somewhat, but I imagine your shirts fit close to like this. I don't even do thebaggy oversized look, in fact I have on a regular Hanes right now, but that's just not enough clearance. If he bent over to pick something up, or moved hisarms from his side, you'd see his belly button and crack. If he had tucked it in, just the movement from walking alone would untuck it. I need a few moreinches hangtime than that, but again it's not like my shirt hangs past the crotch of my pants. I'd never wear one that big
199645-63210.jpg

No holmes, but post a pic of how a M looks on a 5'11 guy.
Assuming you're not overweight, it will look something like this.
b80qck.jpg

208ka2w.jpg

2dkixoh.jpg

vig02r.jpg

Obviously medium from different brands and cuts will vary, but that's how it would look for the most part. I don't see anything wrong with it as well.

Those are larges at least, not to mention those dudes don't even look a full 5'11. Maybe I'm more of 6'0-6'1ish than5'11-6'0ish.What do you weigh, 120? I'm right at 2 bills, but it's not like I have any pudginess in the belly or anything. In fact, ifanywhere, my lats and arm length are usually too big for many shirts. I got a 6'7 wingspan

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Those are larges at least, not to mention those dudes don't even look a full 5'11. Maybe I'm more of 6'0-6'1ish than 5'11-6'0ish.
There's no way those pix are of a large. I'm 5'10'' and I used to wear L/XL when I was 210 lbs. I'm now 155 lbs at 13.5%body fat and my old clothes fit nothing like the pictures I've posted, they are all way too wide for my build now.

If you're 6', I can stand why maybe you would need a large. My friend is 6'1'', and some of his medium shirts are too small, looking likeBaby Huey.

^ I gotta co-sign... I am 6'2 and a medium comes just a little above those shirts. Actually a large in almost all brands fits me almost exactly like everypicture up above, which depending on the sweater/tee I find a little too big. I am 165 lbs. and I can't really mess with an XL and for sure have to avoidthe XXL. I look like I am wearing my dads shirts. It is all a matter of taste, but I even find how jay wears his clothing to be a little too baggy for a reallyclean look. All opinion though, feel free to do you.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

You ruined a nice outfit with those shoes, the fit looks horrible.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

great thread ...

Solid.
pimp.gif

HATERADE?

but I even find how jay wears his clothing to be a little too baggy for a really clean look.
I fully agree with you there. He reminds me of freshmen on campus who got the right idea, but the 'high school-ness' is still attached. Often I'll see a knitted sweater over a button down with sloppy fitting jeans and Van slip ons.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

why?

the realest words in this thread. couldn't have said it any better.
I def. feel what yoru saying. Just realized that I have some polo and never wear it, less my two jackets, one a I wear under and a recent purchasefor the everyday over wear, I odnt' really like when people wear polo all the time. I think people need to think outside the box and I def. need to getsome nice formal attire.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by gko2408

Any help on the fit of those Clark's Desert Boots?
From sufu, I've gathered that clarks DB fit one size down from your "normal" shoe size.

I wear size 11 dunks, I wear size 10 converse all stars, 11 in vans slips and zapatos boat shoes, and a 10 in Clarks DB.
Thanks for the info. Now to find a site where I can buy these shoes within more of my price range.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

great thread ...

Solid.
pimp.gif

HATERADE?

Haterade indeed, that fit is fly as hell. I think every piece works, NH.

Back
Top Bottom