Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

one of the old work outfits I used to get alot of compliments on

l_484b763b45ab4bacb8b9a09bf6a462cb.jpg
Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

You ruined a nice outfit with those shoes, the fit looks horrible.

HATERADE?

Haterade indeed, that fit is fly as hell. I think every piece works, NH.
Outfit is alright. Nothing to go crazy about. The shoes really throw the entire outfit off though.
yeah bro...no hate...but the shoes really throw it off. sneakers are not a good look. even if they are some "dressy" type of sneakers orwhatever you wanna call them

I would never wear any of the short posted above, they are way too short. Thats not the kind of style Im looking for anyway.

i feel too fratty when i wear 'dress' shorts.

so i leave the nice wardrobe for when it isn't hot . . and when it is . . tees & sneakers.

Damn, I can't pull off shorts to save my life, no matter what fit/size/color.

18 inch calves FTL, fashion wise anyways.
grin.gif

Those Hundreds models doesn't even wear the right size clothes, the clothes fit horribly.
As for shorts, I never wear shorts except basketball shorts when playing basketball or when in the beach and I can't really advise something I do not wearmyself so I would say not to most of those shorts, but I will say that some people can definitely pull it off.
Personally, it could be pulled off but it's juts not for me.

As for summer, it is easy to dress nicely in the summer. A very light cotton chino or some seersucker pants with a light button down, sleeves rolled up withoutany undershirt.
A s/s polo can be subtituted here as well, along with some boat shoes or loafers without socks.

roll.gif
some of those short look bad. Some are actually sexy.

Unless you are the HULK obie i am pretty sure you will look fine in those shorts posted.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

aint noone rocking these with a serious face
roll.gif
If I didnt have 2 screws sticking out my ankle and a scar down my knee, I'd rockthis...I never really liked long shorts

was thinkin the same thing, the dark skinned dude was the only one to pull the shorts thing____off. Pause

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I'll put in my two cents here.

- The shoes are important and so are the socks because when you wear loafers, which are pretty low cut, and your pants fit, your socks will show when you sit down and you can and should have solid colors or patterns that fit in the with the general color scheme of your out fit.

- Shoes that are not sneakers and that have laces tend to be boat shoes or pretty formal loafers. Both shoes are good to have, the former for wearing or for other casual clothes and the latter goes very well with business suits. The first shoe you should get though are brown, lace-less loafers because they work well with jeans and anything short of a suit.

- Tailoring is very underrated. It is popular, in some circles, to call wearing anything but tee shirts and baggy jeans, "dressing up" or "getting your grown man on." Unfortunately, buying button downed shirts does not guarantee being stylish and that is evident by all of the douche bags that you see at the club whose shirt lots two sizes too big. Even if you get a shirt that fits better than that, it is good to get it to a tailor because he or she will give your shirt a taper toward the waist and insure that sleeves are the right length and that your shirt goes from being good fit to a perfect fit. Also, it does not cost very much.

Rex I know you were at Northridge (dunno if you still are) but what are some good tailors in the valley area?
Not exactly Northridge, but still in the SFV...that tailoring store at the Glendale Galleria right above the food court. It's where I get all of my expensive denims 'original hemmed' to 30'' inseam. It's where Nordy goes to too, when they are swamped.

Cool how much would tailoring a suit jacket run?

laugh.gif
@ all you "stylish" dudes not being able to wear some shorts. Summer timecomes around and it's back to Yums, BBall shorts and FNL T's

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by DL2352

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

great thread ...
eventually we grow up and this streetwear stuff just dont feel right on a daily basis, And when your dressed up , atleast for me ... I feel more confident about myself
only real piece of advice I can give is PLEASE buy pants your actually waist sz ... you can ruin the whole fit with your waist looking all wavy in that belt

one of the old work outfits I used to get alot of compliments on

l_484b763b45ab4bacb8b9a09bf6a462cb.jpg
Solid.
pimp.gif

I gotta say I really dislike this, but I havent grown up in America so my taste is naturally different

You ruined a nice outfit with those shoes, the fit looks horrible.

HATERADE?

Haterade indeed, that fit is fly as hell. I think every piece works, NH.
Outfit is alright. Nothing to go crazy about. The shoes really throw the entire outfit off though.
yeah bro...no hate...but the shoes really throw it off. sneakers are not a good look. even if they are some "dressy" type of sneakers or whatever you wanna call them
I only wear sneakers when im on the move , I had shoes on @ work only because I need to though , if it was for me I would of been wearin my Jackpurcells

RFX-I agree about The 100s gear being too big. I see they're adding the preppy trend to their streetwear mix. I still don't like the small details,ie the little line across the back on the button ups and The Hundred logo on the front lower corner of that jacket. I bet they aren't cheap either. Probably will run more than the usual brands at Macy's that's on sale like CK, DKNY, Kenneth Cole, Ben Sherman, etc.

A.P.-I'm not sure how much it would cost. I've only had my jeans done there. Paid $20 for an original hem a pair. $10 for a regular hem.

Those shorts are a bit too short for even my liking.
laugh.gif

This is more of the style I wear. All of my shorts are khaki and plaids. The only baggy shorts I have are my Jordan ones that I wear to go play ball or towash the car or run an errand really quick.

gp538217-05p01v01.jpg

izod-madras-plaid-shorts-thumb.jpg

Edit: The rolled up look is definitely horrible IMO. Just get them hemmed to fit you properly. That's another thing that bugs me, especially with jeans. I see guys and gals spend $$$ on expensive denim, only to have the inseam being too long and dragging on the floor. If you can spend $200+ for a pair ofjeans, spend another $20 or so to get the length fitted to your physique.

banana republic is having a f and f starting this thursday 30 percent off ..............get ur grown man on

Originally Posted by Rightguard

banana republic is having a f and f starting this thursday 30 percent off ..............get ur grown man on
Another 10% off if you use your BN card. The discount is stackable.
smile.gif
Their selection right now isn't all that great though, at least the2 local ones around my way.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Is there a coupon somewhere for that?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom