Dressing better

Originally Posted by Defyant 1

I am more concerned with you choice to go out in public wearing mandals
sick.gif
. Seriously?
I should not have to look at another mans feet out in public, unless I am at the beach.

shame, shame shame........shame on you.
Ok, Cam'ron. I've been wearing sandals and 'mandals' my whole life and isn't going to stop now. Excuse me for not wearing'heat on my feet'.

Russ the G?
tired.gif
Not likely. you should change your name to Teva Russ foreven backing up a dude choice to go out in public wearing mandals.
Wj4- If wearing sandal is your thing...more power to you.
wink.gif

I dont know how yous twos can even bring yourself to defend this or even feel like a man out in public w/ sandals on.
laugh.gif
What are you guys, 45 year old black men w/ mathcing shirt/short combos fromOxford street..

I dont care who you are, but if I see you out in a non-beach environment wearing sandals you loose. PERIOD! what if you get a flat tire, or are being chased bya dog? How you going to run with straps b/w your toes? Pure unadulterated nonsense!
I wish a clown would look at me sideway and try some turf talk w/ some mandals on. I will stomp your baby toes nails off and grind them sh.i.ts until theylook like pastrami. - know this -

Originally Posted by dreClark

wj4 w/ the Jesus Sandals

pimp.gif

I can't do it, but more power to you my man.

SMH @ that Choppa Suit jacket tho'

i call them Air Moses.
laugh.gif

i wouldn't wear them, but thats just me....not my cup of tea.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

Originally Posted by FaMs

i honestly don't see why because you're in college you have to start dressing "the part"...my professor wears hollister and cargo shorts, on day he even wore a chain wallet.
I really think that when a person reaches 18-22 they think they're old and must change their appearance....I was that way...I'm gonna be 24 and realized it doesn't matter.

depends on your profession....+ your professors already made it, they want to be comfortable teaching the class.
Dude, a college/university 'professor' is not a model of professionalism. Professor's can do what they like...they teach kids, andread or perform research...they don't answer to anyone professionally.

If you get a job with a private company, outside of academia (or even the public sector, perhaps unionized), you need a proper appearance. You're foolingyourself if you think you can dress how you want whenever you want.

^^^You're fooling yourself. i'm an engineer at a fortune 500 biotech company and i wear whatever i want. shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, baseball hats. wehave no dress code. the only people who have a dress code are upper management. some middle managers also depending on what areas they're managing.

Russ the G?
tired.gif
Not likely. you should change your name to Teva Russ for even backing up a dude choice to go out in public wearing mandals.
wink.gif

I dont know how yous twos can even bring yourself to defend this or even feel like a man out in public w/ sandals on.
laugh.gif
What are you guys, 45 year old black men w/ mathcing shirt/short combos from Oxford street..

I dont care who you are, but if I see you out in a non-beach environment wearing sandals you loose. PERIOD! what if you get a flat tire, or are being chased by a dog? How you going to run with straps b/w your toes? Pure unadulterated nonsense!
I wish a clown would look at me sideway and try some turf talk w/ some mandals on. I will stomp your baby toes nails off and grind them sh.i.ts until they look like pastrami. - know this -

laugh.gif
Dude, you wouldn't do %+*%. TX gun laws FTW. I don't have to run from anything.

Russ the G?
tired.gif
Not likely. you should change your name to Teva Russ for even backing up a dude choice to go out in public wearing mandals.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
What are you guys, 45 year old black men w/ mathcing shirt/short combos from Oxford street..

I dont care who you are, but if I see you out in a non-beach environment wearing sandals you loose. PERIOD! what if you get a flat tire, or are being chased by a dog? How you going to run with straps b/w your toes? Pure unadulterated nonsense!
I wish a clown would look at me sideway and try some turf talk w/ some mandals on. I will stomp your baby toes nails off and grind them sh.i.ts until they look like pastrami. - know this -
img25cymtalkingeh4.gif

Russ the G?
tired.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Russ the G?
tired.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Russ the G?
tired.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
sandals make for good @##$$ slapping tools for ppl like this

Russ the G?
tired.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Where would be a good place to buy a nice suit... I'm going to a wedding next month and need to find one that doesn't cost a ton (over $150ish).

Originally Posted by jigsta05

Where would be a good place to buy a nice suit... I'm going to a wedding next month and need to find one that doesn't cost a ton (over $150ish).
You won't find a nice suit under $150 unless it's used. If you're just going to use it for this wedding, you should look into rentingone rather.

To the guy that hates sandals- I don't know about you, but around here in the SoCal summer days, half of the people out are in sandals...including males. If someone would say something about my mandals, that will most likely make my day.
laugh.gif

Russ, just let it go, man. The thread has come too far for it to get locked.
laugh.gif

To get a modern-fitting suit in the $150 range, I would imagine your best option would be something basic from a low-priced contemporary clothing store likeForever 21, H&M, maybe Express or Banana Republic, too--especially if they're having a sale. A quick online search produced this fromForever21.com--they don't go together, but it can give you an idea of what's out there for a fair price. I'm sure it's not terribly hard tofind basic pieces in the mall. Also, these pieces would give you a suit for half your budget (jacket is $50, pants $30).

56613337-01.jpg
60388909-01.jpg

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^You're fooling yourself. i'm an engineer at a fortune 500 biotech company and i wear whatever i want. shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, baseball hats. we have no dress code. the only people who have a dress code are upper management. some middle managers also depending on what areas they're managing.
This.

Banana Republic usually has several blazers on sale, but from what I see, they're $100-170. The con is that the blazers aren't part of a suit sothere's no matching pants for them.

I forgot about H&M, I remember seeing an ad for blazers for around $80 so I'm sure $150 can land you the whole suit. Not sure about the quality though.
laugh.gif
But if it's for one occasion, you should be OK.

True. I think the best bet would be shop for bargains around the mall for solid pieces (black probably being the easiest to find) that can be mixed with stufffrom a different store without too noticeable of a difference. Typically, black is the same for all vendors, but if you were to try to put together a grey,navy, brown, or any other color suit with pieces from separate stores they may be a shade or two off and look off together. You have a month, though--should beable to find something.

zara suits fit slim. i have a navy blue one i bought earlier this year. very nice...cost about $250 with matching pants.

just wait for sales at macy's for suits...when they had FF sale couple weeks ago I saw some decent Hugo Boss full suits for around $300.

if you want a good priced suit go to Jos A. Bank. Its not a suit that will last you 50 years, but its also not some garbage that will fall apart. They almostalways have sales

regarding the suit for $150

if you have a Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th around you, I suggest you go check it out.
i found a nice 2 button hugo boss suit for $399.99 - additional 50% because it was clearance - 30% employee discount
came out to around $150 and it's original retail was $1275

also if you have a Neiman Marcus Last Call, hit that up too.

Back
Top Bottom