Dressing better

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

What polo's are similar to the Polo Ralph Lauren Classic Fit Interlock Polo Shirt? I like the material but the price is kind off steep because I need at least 10 of them...

Don't settle for less than Polo or Lacoste. 
Have a look around, TJ MAXX and ROSS and MARSHALL'S have them for the low low.  I've bought Polo shirts for 19.99 there.  So if you need 10, look around, and if you see a few, take as many as you can at a time, until you have your desired number. 

I wouldn't suggest looking into a USPA (yes, yes yes, I know their history) or another brand.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

How's this for club attire?

Still looks a little to dressy to me, but give me some feedback... Club, office, or both with this one?

Shirt - RL
Slacks - RL
Belt - RL
Shoes - Bostonian's from Clarks
Socks - Blue socks not pictured from Clark
Tie - Gap (found it at a thrift store a while ago

My guy...you're in ATL?  I used to live out that side, what clubs you hitting?  You look like you're on your way to Midtown. 
Keep it simple.  I used to wear a white shirt (no visible undershirt or vest), fitted denim, black or brown shoes (and brown or black watch to match).  The trick was keeping it simple but wearing a quality shirt and quality denim and shoes.  There's a significant difference in the look when you're wearing quality items.  Since you're damn near in Summer already, leave a the top two buttons undone on the shirt. 

I remember hitting places like Vision and they wouldn't let you wear jeans. So maybe a fitted chino, or something like an EXPRESS Producer Pant, with black or white shirt and you're good to go. 

In the A, don't stunt to hard with the Euro fits, you already know lol, you'll be classified as one of them Lenox Boys. Just keep it crisp and EXTRA simple. 

Originally Posted by pjhoody

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Can anyone recommend me an affordable simple watch with a leather strap that I can use everyday?

been looking for this, too.

I have a leather strap Kenneth Cole I bought years ago as an affordable daily wear. 
Nonetheless I'd suggest you check the official Watch Thread.  It's somewhere on here...and also hit up RFX, dude knows his timepieces from expensive to affordable. 

I was checking these out on Gilt and was wondering if anybody has these? They're called John Varvatos Suede Chukka Boots. Also, are they true to size?

med.jpg

^I think slimmer pants would've done wonders for you, as well as a little hem. Also, is your shirt tucked in, doesn't seem like it? Looks alright overall, but what do I know, I'm still learning.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by pjhoody

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Can anyone recommend me an affordable simple watch with a leather strap that I can use everyday?

been looking for this, too.

I have a leather strap Kenneth Cole I bought years ago as an affordable daily wear. 
Nonetheless I'd suggest you check the official Watch Thread.  It's somewhere on here...and also hit up RFX, dude knows his timepieces from expensive to affordable. 
thanks for the help bro.
pjhoody i found one in the watch thread that you might like:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/timex-e...watch/3121279?origin=category&resultback=2052

Has anyone tried stretching a shoe? what method did you use and how did it go? I'm thinking of stretching a boot half a size.

Anyone can point me in the direction for some brown/tan boat shoes preferably with some laces, looking in the $50-$70 range...

Something like these... But no white sole

shoes_iaec1232791.jpg

Another question, do you guys rock under shirts under your polos?

Depends on the polo and weather. If it's a polo that shows sweat like a heather grey color, then I'll wear an undershirt. If you're against the under shirt showing get a A-shirt or v-neck.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Downsouth - my bad for the delayed reply, the red toms i believe were a Neiman Marcus exclusive, they might be on the stores site only, if you have aNeiman close by, check it out personally bro, they also come in Navy.

Drlukemartin - the all white shoes are spring courts from Jcrew, surprisingly enough the shirt is not Jcrew bro, its from EXPRESS, had it for a few years now.

Murray - Jcrew its my comfort brand, i do wear other brands though
roll.gif

thanks for the feedback, always appreciated
Appreciate that bra!! btw, what kind of camera do you use? 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What kind of club?

Don't be the dude that's overdressed and trying too hard either.

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

I'll find something. I just figured I'd get some advice, but it's turning out to be more complicated than I thought
laugh.gif

I got it.
First lose the tie.

If you had a narrow or skinny tie, it would've been good, however, your outfit lacks contrast.

You need more color, break it up.  Black pants with a black shirt? Club Funeral?

I don't like your belt either, but that is because I like to match my belt with my shoes.

Any other options in your wardrobe.  Not digging the all black look.
You are most definitely colorblind.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I was asking about opinions on what color tie to match...here's how the whole outfit turned out.

Your pants look like they aren't fitted properly. 
I would also chose a different color shoe/pant combination. 

Tuck in the shirt. 

Lose the red tie.  

ATTN Dressing Better Veterans:

I have an internship this summer with a big 4 accounting firm and my grandma wants to take me shopping for work clothes.

I am asking for the Vets in here to critique my list and offer some suggestions to my questions. I already own a charcoal suit, black dress shoes and about 2-3 dress shirts and multiple clean and simple ties. Here is my list:
  • Dress shirts (x3-4)
    • I have a muscular athletic build, planning on looking at Nordstrom Rack Slim fit shirts and Brooks Brothers Extra Slim.
  • Trousers/Slacks (x 3 pair)
    • Unsure of where to look for these. Athletic build so I need a slimmer fit. Should I be looking for khakis or dress slacks? Also what colors/patterns would you suggest for optimal versatility ?
  • Brown Shoes 
    • planning on finding some nice AE at nordstrom rack or hunting some down elsewhere
  • Nice Belt(s)
    • Would like to get a nice black and brown belt
  • Sport coat 
    • What would the optimal color/pattern be for versatility?
Thanks for the help! A+ Thread
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

I have an internship this summer with a big 4 accounting firm and my grandma wants to take me shopping for work clothes.

I am asking for the Vets in here to critique my list and offer some suggestions to my questions. I already own a charcoal suit, black dress shoes and about 2-3 dress shirts and multiple clean and simple ties. Here is my list:
  • Dress shirts (x3-4)
    • I have a muscular athletic build, planning on looking at Nordstrom Rack Slim fit shirts and Brooks Brothers Extra Slim.
  • Trousers/Slacks (x 3 pair)
    • Unsure of where to look for these. Athletic build so I need a slimmer fit. Should I be looking for khakis or dress slacks? Also what colors/patterns would you suggest for optimal versatility ?
  • Brown Shoes 
    • planning on finding some nice AE at nordstrom rack or hunting some down elsewhere
  • Nice Belt(s)
    • Would like to get a nice black and brown belt
  • Sport coat 
    • What would the optimal color/pattern be for versatility?
Thanks for the help! A+ Thread
pimp.gif

Pants, I personally stay away from khakis mon-thurs.  In my office, Friday's are business casual.  Summer time we can wear short sleeves.  Optimal for 3 pairs I would say stay with solid colors (Navy, charcoal, light/heather gray).  Depending on where you live, you will most likely be better off with cotton dress pants.  I have a few calvin klein pants that are light weight and perfect for the summer time.  Belt I ALWAYS match the leather with my shoes.  (Unless I'm more casual and I'm wearing a cotton belt).

I personally need to start looking for more pants for the summer time.  This fall/winter all the pants I purchased are a heavy wool.  

M11L13W0T00-ASHG

Guess Factory Jacket

Picked this up on impulse today. Price was a bit steep, but like I said, it was on impulse. It caught my attention at first glance, tried it on and really liked the look. Perfect for spring.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

I have an internship this summer with a big 4 accounting firm

Congrats on your internship. Which firm? I did PwC and can speak more specifically to their dress code.

Thanks man , mine is with KPMG

To my knowledge they require basic shirt and slacks, but for my internship/career I want to wear a tie everyday, just think it looks cleaner and I enjoy wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom