Dressing better

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Thanks man , mine is with KPMG

To my knowledge like they require basic shirt and slacks, but for my internship/career I want to wear a tie everyday, just think it looks cleaner and I enjoy wearing them.

I'd stay away from khakis Monday-Thursday a bit too casual. For pants I'd go navy, a charcoal grey/black, and a lighter grey. You're looking for basic staples, stay with solids. Then as you get more, you can get more patterns and colors.

Definitely need a brown and black belt and brown shoes. I personally find myself wearing brown shoes way more than black.

I really wouldn't recommend getting a sportscoat for the workplace. I never experienced a scenario a suit wouldn't be appropriate but a sportcoat would be. I'd just get a suit instead if you're gonna drop the money. (I guess that depends on how many suits you own).

^ Thanks for the advice

Perhaps I should look for a light coat to wear over my shirt and tie then ?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I was asking about opinions on what color tie to match...here's how the whole outfit turned out.

5540396317_aef955c76b.jpg
I think navy or black would also go well...where did you get the pants and shoes from?

To my knowledge they require basic shirt and slacks, but for my internship/career I want to wear a tie everyday, just think it looks cleaner and I enjoy wearing them.

Congrats my man... My lil sis is gonna be interning with them this summer in Milwaukee. I couldn't tell u nothing about the dress code but get at me if your placed in Milwaukee I can introduce u to my lil sis (not like that tho
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

To my knowledge they require basic shirt and slacks, but for my internship/career I want to wear a tie everyday, just think it looks cleaner and I enjoy wearing them.

Congrats my man... My lil sis is gonna be interning with them this summer in Milwaukee. I couldn't tell u nothing about the dress code but get at me if your placed in Milwaukee I can introduce u to my lil sis (not like that tho
laugh.gif
)
nerd.gif

Thanks tho, and being out here on the West Coast that doesn't look too likely.
laugh.gif

Desert boots have gum soles and Bushcares have rubber bottoms. There could be more, but that's all that I'm aware of.

Originally Posted by NYC game

Is there a difference between clarks desert boots and clarks bushcare ?
what phaze said regarding the soles...really no other difference imo.  I own 2 pair of Bushacres and 1 pair of DB's...I actually prefer the Bushacres; more comfortable and the sizing is closer to normal.

Banana Republic suit, better angles. Is this a good investment?
Also, note about the pants in pic 2 and 3. There are creases because I pulled them down a bit, to cover the heel of my shoe. Every time I moved, the hem of my pants would end up getting tucked into my shoe. Didn't realize until after I uploaded that it looked like this.
iputdx.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

:tongue:uts on flamesuit:

i bought these a few weeks back with this vacation in mind, i took heat from everyone including my wife
roll.gif
but hey, as long as i like them im happy and im curious to see what NT thinks of them, specially after that Scott sighting with leopard print shoes...lol

5533555828_92f19596f9_b.jpg

Where'd you find these at?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

You are most definitely colorblind.
Yeah, because a Dark Green shirt doesn't look black in the club...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
What? 

anyways for the desert boots versus bushacres, the bushacres actually feel more comfy to me, but having that layered rubber sole versus the crepe, when they wear out you can see it being worn out,  you see threading like when you walk on your pants.

Originally Posted by Kingofnewark

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I was asking about opinions on what color tie to match...here's how the whole outfit turned out.
I think navy or black would also go well...where did you get the pants and shoes from?

the pants are from H&M...slim fit chinos.  And the shoes are Clark Bushacres.

Originally Posted by Chugsaab

I was checking these out on Gilt and was wondering if anybody has these? They're called John Varvatos Suede Chukka Boots. Also, are they true to size?

med.jpg
Any feedback? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Banana Republic suit, better angles. Is this a good investment?
Also, note about the pants in pic 2 and 3. There are creases because I pulled them down a bit, to cover the heel of my shoe. Every time I moved, the hem of my pants would end up getting tucked into my shoe. Didn't realize until after I uploaded that it looked like this.
iputdx.jpg

27y0l8z.jpg

You are most definitely colorblind.
Yeah, because a Dark Green shirt doesn't look black in the club...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
What? 
laugh.gif

You must have the best eyes in the world if you can distinguish a dark color in a dimly lit/dark club.  You can barely tell it's dark green in those pics he provided (bad lighting).

Bushacre and Crepe feel the same to me, however, you can easily find Bushacre Clark DB's at Nordstrom Rack.  I have a love/hate relationship with the Crepe sole.

I was checking these out on Gilt and was wondering if anybody has these? They're called John Varvatos Suede Chukka Boots. Also, are they true to size?

med.jpg
Any feedback? 
ohwell.gif
we have these in stock at our shop, i'll try them on and get back to you wednesday

After Jordan Novice's encouragement I copped a thrifted Banana Republic tie for 1 dollar. Had to move a lot of the ties on the rack to even find it!

rsdplaya- fit is solid, and although some comments say otherwise, i don't think the outfit needs a pair of 510 chino's to look right. no watch though?

last couple of days in DR, now back to this %*@!!* NYC weather, we left while it was raining and came back on a rainy *** day....

5547235813_14c4a2646b_b.jpg

5547817640_8aeb13b21e_b.jpg

All them mosquitoes bites must be a pain in the +$@ huh??......
eek.gif
sick.gif

EDIT: Really like that last fit
pimp.gif

I have been lurkin in this thread alot...but this is my first time posting in here. And everytime i come in here Ksteezy always has 

some nice fits on!! 
pimp.gif

I just recently picked these up..not sure what Im going to wear with them yet tho 

da115ce2e60b5c700b043a252c5944d310b1ef4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom