Dressing better

Originally Posted by Chugsaab

Originally Posted by Chugsaab

I was checking these out on Gilt and was wondering if anybody has these? They're called John Varvatos Suede Chukka Boots. Also, are they true to size?

med.jpg
Any feedback? 
ohwell.gif

half size big, so go a half size down.  get whatever you wear in chuck taylor's.

I don't understand this thread? Why is dressing better a thread filled with pictures of people dressed like they attended my New England Liberal Arts College? If i wanted to see that i'd look at my college yearbook. Come on guys lets see some new and fresh styles. Dressing better should include styles to wear at the park, corner store and everyday restaurant not just the country club.

THis really isnt a dreesing better question but on how to keep your clothes fresh...what clothes do you guys take to the cleaners (besides the obvious tailored suits) and what do you take to laundry?

Originally Posted by KarimyBaby

THis really isnt a dreesing better question but on how to keep your clothes fresh...what clothes do you guys take to the cleaners (besides the obvious tailored suits) and what do you take to laundry?
To me, if it says dry clean only then I only dry clean.
Everything else, I wash myself unless I feel lazy with ironing dress shirt or slacks/chinos then those goes to the cleaners too.

When washing clothes, just know how to dry them properly.

Started my new internship today:
Express shirt X Calvin Klein tie and pants X Banana Republic belt X Gucci loafers

Yes I know my tie needed to be longer. It was my first time ever doing a tie myself.

eeBS7eez - Thanks man I appreciate it. Let me know on the quality too if you can.
artysm - Thanks man. I actually don't own a pair of Chucks and have never tried them on. Thanks for your feedback though. 

Thank you guys
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Cronicmolemole - I spent 10 days there, first five I spent with my wife's fam in the hood (literally)...but everytime we went out I was with a large group and at least 1 of my fatherinlaw's friend was packing, so I wasn't worried about it, it's pretty sad that in a third world country you must always walk around with a 3rd eye...so I see where you are coming from...the last 5 days I spent inside a resort, in there you can go out dressed in a diamond studed shirt and not worry about a damn thing
roll.gif

Destination - the colors are well played, I'd sized down on both the pants and shirt and I'd opt for a thinner tie.

Thanks man. Yeah I was thinking about a thinner tie but I feel like the collar on the shirt is kinda big and would swallow up a thinner tie and make it look awkward but I'll try it out.

I need some Brown shoes to wear to work. Anyone got any recommendations? The dress code is business casual.

No slurp, but yo, Ksteezy and Ty are hands down the most relate-able casual dressers imo. I'm not JCrew'ed out like steezy or have anywhere close to amount of kicks Ty has but the general palette they present is basically how i like to pattern my dressing.
Once I graduate and get this engineering money, I'm coming for nii's title. 
laugh.gif

i want to get these:

erez

what goes well with this type of shoe? chinos and button down? can i just wear chinos with a plain t-shirt (crew or V)?

thank you gurus

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

i want to get these:

erez

what goes well with this type of shoe? chinos and button down? can i just wear chinos with a plain t-shirt (crew or V)?

thank you gurus

These are really nice!...you can go different ways with these IMO as long as the fit is very slim...you can wear dark denim or a pair of light khaki-colored chinos, with a simple white V-neck....I know is cliche for me tosuggest Jcrew, but I'll do it anyways, they have a perfect fit pair of chinos for these....I'll tri to link you, you can wear these rolled up or let the chinos rest on these....I'm really thinking of picking up a pair of these now, I think Jcrew.com has a couple of these....however I think my summertime shoe will be a large selection of Toms

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Started my new internship today:
Express shirt X Calvin Klein tie and pants X Banana Republic belt X Gucci loafers

Yes I know my tie needed to be longer. It was my first time ever doing a tie myself.

Not feeling the tie, but not bad. Shirt is big and tie needs to touch the top of your belt, its a little short.

whats everyone opinion on step in, no lace dress shoes? i personally like the way most of them look better than laced shoes, but does it look unprofessional?

Back
Top Bottom