Dressing better

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Hey Nii,

If you could recommend 1 blue blazer from a company, which would you suggest?

Depends on price. Over 1k, i'd say go bespoke from a reputable tailor. 
Below that i'd say Corneliani or any Made in Italy Polo Ralph Lauren (which is made by Corneliani)

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Nii you smashed it in the 1st pic ..
pimp.gif

Nii where can I get a Navy Blue suit ( a good one ) within the price range of $4-800 .. but my ideal spending limit would be $600.

Interview time.  Just brought a pair of Hugo Boss Oxfords, simple and clean, now I need a suit.

the Brooks suggestion is a good idea if you are a fan of the structured cut (stronger shoulders, with padding etc). 
Personally, due to my body structure, i prefer the soft tailoring that is typical of Made in Italy suits. I therefore primarily dabble in Polo Made in Italy, Corneliani, Made in Italy Faconnable, Cantarelli, La Vera, Sartoria Partenopia and such. 

Most of these brands run 1,5k - 3k new, but can be had for around 800 if you look on eBay, Yoox, threedifferent and other online retailers. I typically visit their shops if i can find one (especially the Polo or Faconnable store) and then find out what model and sizing works best for me. If they have a good sale going on i buy in store, else i look out on eBay, the outlets or the online retailers i listed above for the specific model and sizing. Also remember you will need a tailor to really clean it up 

These days though, i am slowly starting to move to bespoke so i spend less and less on RTW and more on fabrics to have them made up. 

So short answer - look out for the brands i listed above to find what works for your body structure and taste ... and then bargain hunt like crazy. 

Where can I get some skinny fitting chinos other than urbanoutiffters and topman.com?

Summer is around the corner and chinos sound like a good alternative to shorts.lawlz.

So I wore my Polo boats today with some dress socks... Worst idea ever, my heel is all messed up
laugh.gif

Do I have to wear thicker socks or something?

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

So I wore my Polo boats today with some dress socks... Worst idea ever, my heel is all messed up
laugh.gif

Do I have to wear thicker socks or something?

boat shoes? That weird. I wear mine with dress socks and no show socks all the time and everything is fine. Mine are sperrys tho.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Where can I get some skinny fitting chinos other than urbanoutiffters and topman.com?

Summer is around the corner and chinos sound like a good alternative to shorts.lawlz.

On some real, Gap has some very decent tailored chinos.  Try the Tailored Slim, or Tailored Straight.

On some real, Gap has some very decent tailored chinos.  Try the Tailored Slim, or Tailored Straight.
Price range on these? 

Price range on these? 
They are doing buy 2 for $40 a pop.  Usually they are....50-60??
You can also try H&M, cheap but I feel the quality sucks.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread...but if anyone is looking for a good pair of slim fitting chinos for a decent price, check on the J. Crew Essential Chinos in Urban Slim Fit. They're doing free shipping currently so it's 69.50 shipped. True slim fit imo.

Price range on these? 
2 for 40? I'm there son. Good looking out. I'll stop at H&M afterwards and see what they have, but you're right about the quality, so I won't be expecting much.
On another note, what are some good shoes to rock with chinos (besides boat shoes) this summer? I know desert boots are, but I have a feeling it's gonna a bit too hot out here in cali to walk around in them.

For those that no longer stray too far from dressing better/general. i seem to be in the same position as a lot of people here: we're getting older and dressing smarter, but do not want to let go of our sneakers. i still like to wear mine all the time, and surprisingly no one seems to be pointing out the fact that i'm wearing af1s most days

Price range on these? 
2 for 40? I'm there son. Good looking out. I'll stop at H&M afterwards and see what they have, but you're right about the quality, so I won't be expecting much.
On another note, what are some good shoes to rock with chinos (besides boat shoes) this summer? I know desert boots are, but I have a feeling it's gonna a bit too hot out here in cali to walk around in them.
If you're in San Fran/ Bay area....
this sounds weird, but Obey made some nice chinos last season and I know for a fact we are selling them at our sample sale this weekend.  Really subtle and slim.  Prices will be 75% off retail...so It could be an option if youre local...?

Originally Posted by damn its me

If you're in San Fran/ Bay area....
this sounds weird, but Obey made some nice chinos last season and I know for a fact we are selling them at our sample sale this weekend.  Really subtle and slim.  Prices will be 75% off retail...so It could be an option if youre local...?
address? Saturday or sunday tho?

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I'm into the Levis 511 khaki right now I caught my pair for 40 n love them
i always get compliments whenever i wear them. have people asking when did dickies start making skinnys
indifferent.gif
hell i complimented my homie when he wore his (nh) then ran to macys the next day to grab a pair.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

For those that no longer stray too far from dressing better/general. i seem to be in the same position as a lot of people here: we're getting older and dressing smarter, but do not want to let go of our sneakers. i still like to wear mine all the time, and surprisingly no one seems to be pointing out the fact that i'm wearing af1s most days

Real cool fit.

Burgundy on the check is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom