Dressing better

Hendrix kinda resembles this dude from step it up 2

07E0sl.jpg

someone had to hendrix

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Gilt Group was valued at $1B.
eek.gif

I haven't ordered anything from them yet.  

I'm actually curious as to what type of brands they'll be carrying for their full priced menswear lines.
Actually more surprised that J.Crew wholesales to Mr Porter.  I wouldn't even classify J.Crew with any of the brands they currently carry.  J.Crew shoulder to shoulder with BV, Lavin, Marni, etc, doesn't make sense.  I'm buying a Charvet shirt with some J.Crew chinos?  Hell no.

HypeBeast McStreetwear wrote:

Thanks 
laugh.gif

Nah, it's a rapper's line though. That's what I meant by "Urban".

Fashion is different in terms of interview attire.  How established is this line?  I know brands where if you'll come in with a suit, you'll get turned away.  We're talking 6-figure multimillion dollar brands here.  It never hurts to ask the person setting up the interview on a common guide on attire.  Good luck though.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

laugh.gif
I was just wondering how urban we were talking...like FUBU status or what...but its cool, I understand. Just remember ur better off going over dressed...u may feel it but its better than coming under dressed and the hiring manager getting the impression u are unprepared.

Thanks 
laugh.gif

Nah, it's a rapper's line though. That's what I meant by "Urban".
And yea, I might throw a solid tie in to formal it up a little bit.

Ran to the mall today.

Got this seafoam green/fuchsia stripe RL shirt for $30

Purple Gap V-neck for $30

And some brown suede loafers for $50

Planning on wearing some slim-fit/tapered khakis.

58a154e5cbd3b0fba4ecd79095c52f731cb4814.jpg

I obviously won't be wearing the shades in the interview.

Info on shoes?

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

laugh.gif
I was just wondering how urban we were talking...like FUBU status or what...but its cool, I understand. Just remember ur better off going over dressed...u may feel it but its better than coming under dressed and the hiring manager getting the impression u are unprepared.

Thanks 
laugh.gif

Ran to the mall today.

Don't underestimate the importance of a suit at an interview. Suit, tie, dress shoes. Show them you are serious. Just my opinion.
Or steal this look:

00004f.jpg
This is pretty much what I'm aiming for. I just didn't really want to wear a tie, but I might have to.
Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Gilt Group was valued at $1B.
eek.gif

I haven't ordered anything from them yet.  
I'm actually curious as to what type of brands they'll be carrying for their full priced menswear lines.
Actually more surprised that J.Crew wholesales to Mr Porter.  I wouldn't even classify J.Crew with any of the brands they currently carry.  J.Crew shoulder to shoulder with BV, Lavin, Marni, etc, doesn't make sense.  I'm buying a Charvet shirt with some J.Crew chinos?  Hell no.

HypeBeast McStreetwear wrote:

Fashion is different in terms of interview attire.  How established is this line?  I know brands where if you'll come in with a suit, you'll get turned away.  We're talking 6-figure multimillion dollar brands here.  It never hurts to ask the person setting up the interview on a common guide on attire.  Good luck though.
Yea, it's a relatively new brand and I know for a fact a suit would be OD. Both for the interview and the weather.
Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Info on shoes?
LINK

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

laugh.gif

Thanks 
laugh.gif

Ran to the mall today.

58a154e5cbd3b0fba4ecd79095c52f731cb4814.jpg

Info on shoes?

I say go with a solid color shirt. Looks like you're about to hit the clubs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Hendrix kinda resembles this dude from step it up 2

07E0sl.jpg

someone had to hendrix

That's not me lol. If you saw my homeboys face you'd change the picture lol.RFX- lmao. Man, ima see him later today and tell him straight up that that fit don't work for prom at all. Lawlz

RFX,

Those MMM gats at the sale price posted or white cp achilles mids at treis bien. pricewise whats the better deal and which show would u feel if more conduciive to rigid denim and sportcoat combo? thanks in advance

Anybody here know where I could get some chinos, khakis in this color? Skinny or at least, tailorable.
dockers-5.jpg

Those are dockers and I bought them for cheap thinking I could go and get them tailored to my liking, but the lady said she didn't want to do it because of the double seem sp. I showed her that one side wasn't double-seemed sp lol, and she said she'd do it for 25, but then she started explaining it would take too much work to do it and that she wanted her work to come out nice and neat, not crooked, so she backed out last minute
mad.gif
. Bleh.

Alright NT fam the time has come for me to "mature" my wardrobe and I def need you guys' help.  I am about to be 19, I just finished up my freshman year of college and I hope to join a fraternity next school year.  From what I have observed from the frat I want to join is their tendency to be dressed very well, even in casual situations.  NOW, obviouslt I dress well like a casual NT'er: kicks, cargos/jeans, and the usual polo/t-shirt/sweatshirt. 
I want to get into button downs, better pants (chinos?),  a quality pair of boat shoes, even some casual bootish type shoes (Wallabees?). I really need a sense of direction, because I honestly don't know where to start. My pops was never there so I developed my own, conservative way of dressing up so here are a few photos of me (I am about 6'2" 155-160):
Classy stripes to match my date (picked the suit for senior yr homecoming)

I like striped ties that contrast

Coat sleeves a bit short in this pic
grin.gif
 I picked prom tux (tie/vest is a reallyyyyy lt pink, doesnt show up in pic well)

My favorite tie
pimp.gif
 Just real basic and classic and college colors at same time (GO VOLS
glasses.gif
)

As you can see I like to keep it very classy and clean-lookin, nothing too out-of-the-box or revolutionary. I do not mind paying a pretty penny for quality things btw.

Thanks Guys I really need the help, and I cant give out info on any of the women in my pics haha I must respect their privacy.

Button downs and Chinos: J. Crew, Gap, Brooks Brothers, Slim fit Dockers, etc

Boat shoes: Sperry, Sebago

Casual boots: Clarks Desert Boot, Timberland Earthkeeper

Those are just some basic suggestions for ya

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo yo yo yo yo, NT, I need your help fast yo.
My friend has to go to prom in 3 weeks and he wants to wear khakis with a white shirt, suspenders, and some white boat shoes for some extremely weird reason. I told him that type of fit would be a casual look not a formal look for a prom. Man, I don't know. I couldn't just shut him down. I need an honest opinion and honest feedback (he finna read this). I honestly tried to picture a blazer and a white shirt, but I can't work right if its just.... white. So simple makes my head hurt
ohwell.gif

Pic for reference. Is there anyway he can come up with something. Oh yea, he bough a blazer at urban outfitters, it navy blue. thanks ya'll.

16baj2a.jpg

tell your friend that he looks like a bum. What went through his head when he tried that outfit on?
indifferent.gif
and especially going to prom?!
30t6p3b.gif

if I saw your friend at prom like that I'll smack him in the face 0_(\

so when wearing a sweater over a button down shirt, would it be better to size up even if it looks and is a little bigger since going true to size will make the buttons form a little on the sweater on some spots?? will have pics to show wat i mean later. also which kind of sweaters would look better over a button down shirt, crew neck or v-neck?

Originally Posted by No 1 Can Escape the Quad Laser

^Not even for going out?
No, don't be ridiculous.  Those Clarks are money though...I've been delaying on picking them up from Nordstrom Rack for $60 for like 3 months now.
You can rock those with a pair of chinos and a blazer though no problem.  Would look dope too imo 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom