Dressing better

wis-ryan-gosling.jpg

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i cant be the only one thats in between sizes

im struggling with the decisions of buying a XL or L....

You're not.
laugh.gif
I have short arms so XL's have long sleeves but L's are too tight in the chest.
mad.gif

I think I'm going to go with my black suit and a charcoal tie. Even if the groomsmen are in tuxes I think I'll be safe without the black tie. If it comes down to the last minute and I change my mind, I'll go with a khaki or gray suit.

Thanks for the help all.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

You're not.
laugh.gif
I have short arms so XL's have long sleeves but L's are too tight in the chest.
mad.gif
No offense, but you're kinda doing it wrong. There are inches of difference between the Ls or XLs of different brands, and even within brands. So to say you are between sizes presupposes that we all have a particular size, which isn't really the case. I buy Ms Ls and XLs all the time depending on the particular item. 

Find a good tailor. Even "perfect" fits can be improved by some good tailoring.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

+1 on the 511 trousers, my Macy's doesn't carry them so I had to pick up a pair from UO. Even at $60, I like how they fit. Had to size up 1 in the waist though. I tried on the Dockers D1 Slim Fit khakis and they fit really weird on me for some reason. Very tapered at the opening and also very tight in the waist and thighs even after I sized up 
ohwell.gif
Agreed. The Dockers D1 are not a good fit at all.
Ive been looking to get these chinos here...not sure if they are the D1 or not? GQ described the fit as Shirt, $295 by Burberry London. Tie, $98 by John Varvatos USA. Chinos, $75 by Dockers. Belt, $5 from Kaufman's Army & Navy. Vintage necklace from Melet Mercantile. Watch by IWC
alexander-skarsgard-gq-june-2011-1.jpg

I cant seem to find which ones those are on the dockers website...any help would be appreciated...thanks

Any were to get Allen Edmonds below retail? Trying to pick up the cliftons in walnut.
I know Nii, and RFx have posted a few suggestions but I cant seem to find them.

If not I guess I'll just bite the bullet.

^^ If you have a factory store near you, they have a sale on all shoes(10-50% off) until the 30th. I got my walnut cliftons for $159 during their presidents day sale.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

^^ If you have a factory store near you, they have a sale on all shoes(10-50% off) until the 30th. I got my walnut cliftons for $159 during their presidents day sale.

nordstroms rack as well

By factory store you mean outlet store right? If so, then no none in CA.

I'm hoping you meant Company store *fingers crossed*

Some quick scans of June's GQ

25f6648.png

jz80y.png

8z33v9.png

Love the color of this suit ^^^
pimp.gif

348ghnr.png

omgitswes:

The exhibit is running til end of July

Il:

I believe the Jacket is called " light weight M65 " I purchased last spring

KSteezy:

great fit, JCrew chambrays are my fav shirts in my closet.... I would rock with the length on the right leg ... but thats just personal preference
pimp.gif

Hittin Vegas in a few weeks, then Maui later this year....anyone got any thoughts on some casual but non-athletic flip flops?

Otherwise im sticking to the old faithfuls....Jordan Hydros.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Hittin Vegas in a few weeks, then Maui later this year....anyone got any thoughts on some casual but non-athletic flip flops?

Otherwise im sticking to the old faithfuls....Jordan Hydros.
Rainbows are the absolute official flip flops.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

By factory store you mean outlet store right? If so, then no none in CA.

I'm hoping you meant Company store *fingers crossed*

Yea I meant outlet. I've got one 30 mins away and I'm definitely gonna miss it when I move 
frown.gif

adidas-slvr-103-sneaker-1.jpg

I know these have been off and on Gilt umpteen times, always liked em but never pulled the trigger. Anybody know where I can find a pair? I've looked extensively, found a pair for $25 but they're a size 8 and I wear a 12.

Back
Top Bottom