Dressing better

just picked up a jcrew ludlow chino suit for a wedding & baptism this spring and have no idea what kind of shoes to wear with it. any suggestions?

You don't need a lot of money to look good IMO. Places like, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Zara, GAP, Banana Republic and a few others all have reasonably priced clothing. If you can afford to be an athletic footwear enthusiast(sneaker head), you can afford to dress better.

ksteezy got it in tan the official color is wheat. was thinking brown shoes but not sure of the style. don't want to overdress it

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Can I wear a black suit and black tie to a wedding? I'd like to wear my Hugo Boss suit but don't know if I will look like one of the groomsmen if I do.
hopefully theyll be wearing tuxedos, otherwise there will probably be tons of other people in attendance in black suits as well. going to weddings, a suit is almost always a necessity and so is to coordinate with what my date is wearing (if you have one), taking into account the time/weather/season the wedding will be in, etc...
GQ's latest magazine had a couple good tips for weddings, particularly summer. 1. youre probably not going to wear your coat a majority of the time 2. therefore, the focus of your ensemble relies on your shoes, tie and shirt combo, and its overall fitment amongst everything else...

im kinda diggin those. thanks for the info. id post pics but 1) i barely know what im doing on here lol & 2) only have the pants had to order the jacket

Im not a fan of wearing shoes with out socks, are there any type of socks which I can wear with boat shoes during the summer that wont throw the entire fit out the window.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

Im not a fan of wearing shoes with out socks, are there any type of socks which I can wear with boat shoes during the summer that wont throw the entire fit out the window.
<ksteezy>J. Crew, bro</ksteezy>
check out your local Journey's..they have 5 packs on sale for $10.

I don't believe in socks.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

You don't need a lot of money to look good IMO. Places like, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Zara, GAP, Banana Republic and a few others all have reasonably priced clothing. If you can afford to be an athletic footwear enthusiast(sneaker head), you can afford to dress better.
Just don't go on styleforum.

eyes.gif
at some of them elitist.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I don't believe in socks.
laugh.gif

Thought I was the only one, it's either low socks or non at all.Feelsgoodman

Picked up this sweater from a member on SF, really wish it was a Small instead of a Medium though...feels a little big in the armpit area
frown.gif
 Love the design though...sucks.
Also looking at picking up some low bucks to match with most of my outfits better than what I currently have.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by Il

Anyone know what shirt this be and what kicks to match with it?

tumblr_llmq7vHUos1qb596fo1_500.jpg
Almost certain its GAP. I have thats very similar to or is that exact shirt from GAP.
Beeswax Clarks DB look very nice with that shirt and khakis.

It can also be the red chambray from Jcrew, not sure though since icant see the collar, it can also be from H&M as they have a similar shirt I bought the other day.

If that's the Jcrew shirt, this is the same exact shirt in blue, a bit pricey but a very versatile and nice button up, anyways what's the rule on rolling up your chinos??...is there a specific height you shouldn't pass?

5753763188_fb5365e5b8_b.jpg

5753219353_f250cf1e51_b.jpg

It's not Jcrew, not feeling the one on the site either. Too light.

Couldn't find it on GAP, am i to live without this shirt?

After looking through the last 20 pages im officially suspending all shoe purchases. I must get my casual gear/suits up. Also i'm a slim guy (6 ft 4) could you guys recommend me some places to shop at.Thank you guys for inspiring me!

Originally Posted by collingspark

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

TypeRPinoY wrote:

ScarsOrScabs wrote:

For all of the J Crew bros, these Spring Court G2 are on sale for $49.99 + 30% off.

How's sizing on those spring courts?

Go into store and have them call in and order for you. Right now the stores have them marked down to 29.99 x 30% off equals $21 give or take. 6 bucks for shipping. Beats the online price. Just picked up the Seattle Grey. (Was thinking about the Navy's but I already have a pair of Navy Van's Era that I threw Sperry leather laces on.
I went into J. Crew today to bring in all my recent sale purchases to have them adjusted to the 30% off sale. Got refunded almost like $70 lol. They had the Levis 511 that retailed for $98, bought them when they were $59.99, at my home store they were marked down to $19.99 +30% off which means I was refunded $50. Such a steal even though I wish I could go down one size, but a hot soak down the line will shrink them a bit in the waist.

Also for people looking for shorts, their 11" broken in chino shorts are on sale $49.50 x 30% off = $34.65 before tax. Retail is $65.

Just to let everyone know, I went into the store and they called in for me and they rang up at 49.99, so YMMV.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

After looking through the last 20 pages im officially suspending all shoe purchases. I must get my casual gear/suits up. Also i'm a slim guy (6 ft 4) could you guys recommend me some places to shop at.Thank you guys for inspiring me!
Same here...nearly impossible to find anything that fits correctly.

Originally Posted by rawkus7632

Originally Posted by youngcurse

Same here...nearly impossible to find anything that fits correctly.
Damn, us three are on the same boat.

Originally Posted by Teddy

Spring Courts are true to size, size down for half sizes

I wear a 12 in almost every pair of sneakers that I have, and I have G2's with the perforated leather and they are an 11 and fit me plenty big. I don't know if the canvas ones fit differently but I'm inclined to think not. 
I would size down at least a half size, if not a whole size.

Would J. Crew order the size to be mailed to my house free of shipping with the 30% off if i go in store?

What about phone orders?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom