Dressing better

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

do you guys think? 

grey suit, white/black striped shirt, red/silver/dark grey/black stripe tie, white pocket square (not pictured), brown shoes and belt

not bad. your shirt is a bit too big in the body and sleeves. Also work on your tie knot to improve your dimple. Finally i'll recommend shirts with longer collar points (so that the tips of the collar go underneath the lapel of your jacket). 
its a nice color combo though. 

NYC trip was a success. Going to have to take pictures whenever I feel up to it.
Question though, the chick in Uniqlo told me the selvedge denim stretches out so the size I got should be fine. They aren't too tight but tighter than what I'm used to.
Did I get got, or do they really stretch?

That's a sick suit Nii. I'll try and post pictures of my fit from my cousins wedding this past weekend if my sister ever uploads them to facebook.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

^^are you a Liverpool fan or you are going to wear it because Lebron did?
both actually.  an old co-worker of mine (from Liverpool) is a huge Liverpool football fan.  He'd straight tune the TV at work to the game and pretty much do half his work in between watching.
laugh.gif
  He didn't give a .

Originally Posted by omgitswes

NYC trip was a success. Going to have to take pictures whenever I feel up to it.
Question though, the chick in Uniqlo told me the selvedge denim stretches out so the size I got should be fine. They aren't too tight but tighter than what I'm used to.
Did I get got, or do they really stretch?

They stretch.

d5a259ae4cb5513a9afaff4ec0c3b4ec071623e.jpg
16515deeba1193a190f0f23a9d4d548b9bea2bf.jpg
4d3356dde2b4b2711c8998c2a84c9d15a06b41f.jpg

what do you guys think? 

grey suit, white/black striped shirt, red/silver/dark grey/black stripe tie, white pocket square (not pictured), brown shoes and belt

Like the grey suit.  Same color me and my groomsmen are wearing for my wedding in September.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Originally Posted by Il

Originally Posted by ksteezy

It can also be the red chambray from Jcrew, not sure though since icant see the collar, it can also be from H&M as they have a similar shirt I bought the other day.

If that's the Jcrew shirt, this is the same exact shirt in blue, a bit pricey but a very versatile and nice button up, anyways what's the rule on rolling up your chinos??...is there a specific height you shouldn't pass?

Which chambray exactly is this? selvedge, vintage, vintage slim, regular?

gotta be vintage or vintage slim... its the only one with that little tab part on the collar.

Thanks ^^^bro, it's the vintage slim.

That shirt is wayyyy too big, but the colors go great together.
i don't think it's wayyyyy too big like you say lol, he's not a really slim guy as you can tell from the pictures...so a tight fit may not look as good.

What are some reliable brands of chinos? And for that matter what colors and styles of shirts usually go good with some khaki chinos? Been wanting to pick up a pair for a while but don't really know what em match em with.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

That shirt is wayyyy too big, but the colors go great together.
i don't think it's wayyyyy too big like you say lol, he's not a really slim guy as you can tell from the pictures...so a tight fit may not look as good.
No, it definitely is wayyyy too big (you added an extra y).  Regardless of whether he's slim or not, there shouldn't be that much excess fabric on a shirt either on the body or on the sleeves.  Just look at all of the bunching going on.  It doesn't have to be "tight" by any means but that's not doing him any favors at all.  That plus how sloppy the knot is, otherwise it looks like it has some potential.  Nothing particularly eye catching but he could get by with it.

I don't think he's as big of a guy as you making him out to be, you can tell in his waist...however the shirt makes him look bulkier, there is bulging everywhere ad his arms are floating in the shirt...no one is saying for him to go with a skin tights fit, but definately should slim it down a bit.

On a side note, I have a question...can someone recommend a good tailor in NY?

yea, you guys are more right after second look. I was thinking that he was more or less choosing to keep it tucked (lightly tucked) in, which made in look baggier than it was.

d5a259ae4cb5513a9afaff4ec0c3b4ec071623e.jpg

what do you guys think? 

Check out this LINK. It will be a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom