Dressing better

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Going to a wedding at the end of this month. Would a khaki blazer be too casual for a wedding?
Depends on the setting of the wedding.  Honestly, most of the weddings I've attended, even church weddings, there are always people there that make me feel over dressed
laugh.gif
.  Must be the "F'yall dressing better" cats with their busted outfits and "fresh" hair cuts.

laugh.gif
 So true.

I know someone was looking for some casual grey shoes...not boat, but I like these better than boat shoes actually:
LucheseSneakersChambrayDenimA.jpg

5am6oody72 wrote:
aceofjays wrote:

Fresh. Info on that red chambray looking shirt? 
It's J. Crew bro
laugh.gif
. It's one of their slub shirts. If you're looking for a nice relaxed shirt to wear during the summer, this is it. Thin, soft, ultra comfortable.  
1stWitIt wrote:
this past weekend
397126368.jpg

My man 
pimp.gif

TheGrimm wrote:
aceofjays, do u have a twitter, god?

I do, but I don't say $#!% on it 
grin.gif
. Why you ask?

Where can I get some nice charcoal slacks (preferably in wool)? Have any of you guys tried out J. Crew's classic fit? I've only tried the urban slim fit from them.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Murray497

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Word. I wonder if Bron even follows soccer.
laugh.gif

I don't see what the issue is, united are the world's largest band wagon team, so liverpool could never compete with that. 
yeah, i'm a liverpool fan too. that jacket is pretty terrible. 
Stop it. 
Real Madrid and Barcelona are the world's largest band wagon teams. 

Got people buying up jerseys wearing them for a team they've NEVER watched a single game for all season, outside of the "El Classico's".

recently perhaps. but man u has a history with it. http://wiki.answers.com/Q...has_the_biggest_fan_base

Copped a new Herringbone suit at an
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Memorial Day Brooks Brothers outlet sale last week.

Jacket and pants, 1 tie, 1 shirt, 3 pairs of socks for $275.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was 40% off everything in the store + 15% additional off for signing up for BB in store card.

Also got some Khaki shorts, Jeans, and 5 shirts at J Crew for $88.

Living 45 minutes from crack outlets is soooo money on holidays like that.

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Would wearing a knit, striped tie be deemed inappropriate in the corporate setting?
I say not at all, but your other dress needs to be appropriate.  See some of Nii's past posts for ideas, I believe he's posted some great deets pics of the various of materials/textures that he's worn. Or just check his blog, I'm sure there are some good tips in there.

What firm are you working at?

JP Morgan.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was 40% off everything in the store + 15% additional off for signing up for BB in store card.
http://300bps.org/gallery3/var/albums/funny****/wwf-kid-aaaaah.gif?m=1303023645

30t6p3b.gif
@ me, knew about the 40% sale, and couldn't bring myself to go to BB.  They constantly have sales, but would've been nice since I am in the market for suits.

Congrats on taking advantage.

Would wearing a knit, striped tie be deemed inappropriate in the corporate setting?
I say not at all, but your other dress needs to be appropriate.  See some of Nii's past posts for ideas, I believe he's posted some great deets pics of the various of materials/textures that he's worn. Or just check his blog, I'm sure there are some good tips in there.

JP Morgan.
Depends the department you work in and their dress code. I work for a large investment firm myself and since I don't report to an Investment Center a knit tie would be perfectly acceptable, and would likely be complimented.  Now if I worked in one of our Investment Center's you'd have to be extremely careful with what you chose to wear a knit tie with.

JP Morgan.

You have to be very careful about wearing a knit tie then. If you want some texture in your ties go get some grenadine ties. These ties are suitable for formal wear unlike knits.

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

If im not mistaken lebron owns part of the team. Never seen so much hate on a man
laugh.gif

you haven't lived long then.........anyway, Ryan Reynolds has a nice outfit on. Very simple and casual

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ me, knew about the 40% sale, and couldn't bring myself to go to BB.  They constantly have sales, but would've been nice since I am in the market for suits.

This. I'm about 30 minutes away from the outlet. How did you find out about the 40% off? Email?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif

This. I'm about 30 minutes away from the outlet. How did you find out about the 40% off? Email?
nerd.gif
Memorial day and Labor day are 2 days that you just cant miss going to the outlets for.  Even the whole Armani store was 60% off.  Too bad I cant afford a $7,000 suit even at 60% off.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by rsdplaya
I think the cut on all items is solid.  But the colors need to change. They just don't gel smoothly. 

Actually from a distance that fit is not a bad fit. grey/blue/red do go together. the problem is that when you come up close, the pattern of the shirt clashes with the pattern of the tie. additionally, the shirt needs longer collar points (i dont know why ppl love the emaciated collar points). 
if he threw on a matching jacket, went with a slightly different tie in the same collar and his shirt points were longer that would be a super dope fit. 

Back
Top Bottom