Dressing better

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

105umvr.png
Info on the watch... I'd love that with a leather band in the Fall.

My latest shoe addition...

niidawg3 :

None taken, thanks for the grammar lesson ( no sarcasm ) ... I'm always conscious of there, thier and ther're .. now going to add affect and effect
nerd.gif
. I always make stupid mistakes like that.

Great fits btw, love the use of neon green & navy

Supermanblue79 :

The watch is a vintage wind up model i picked up a couple of months ago on Ebay for $20-25 ... it had a ugly metal band, swapped it out for some JCrew nato straps

Does anyone here have experience with Topman Slim Trousers? Any other brands that sell slim fitting trousers?

Looking to diversify my workpants rotation by adding things other than chinos.

Thx.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Does anyone here have experience with Topman Slim Trousers? Any other brands that sell slim fitting trousers?

Thx.
Levi's has the 511 trousers. They are on sale for 40 at Macy's and theres a 10 off 25 coupon right now but some people are reporting they marked it this time as a super buy which makes the coupon not valid on them. I was going to go buy those myself later today.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Thx.
Levi's has the 511 trousers. They are on sale for 40 at Macy's and theres a 10 off 25 coupon right now but some people are reporting they marked it this time as a super buy which makes the coupon not valid on them. I was going to go buy those myself later today.

Ah, I should have clarified.  I mostly have chinos/khakis in rotation...but I'm looking for the more dressy pants (wool blends/polyester blends etc)

Thanks though!

niidawg3 :

None taken, thanks for the grammar lesson ( no sarcasm ) ... I'm always conscious of there, thier and ther're .. now going to add affect and effect
nerd.gif

Supermanblue79 :

The watch is a vintage wind up model i picked up a couple of months ago on Ebay for $20-25 ... it had a ugly metal band, swapped it out for some JCrew nato straps

They're? (not trying to take shots)

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

thinkinFRESH wrote:

there, thier and ther're ..

I think he did that out of sarcasm ... ++#@@%% up those words like that, but I like the band swap on that Timex piece though.

BTW ... I need a new interview suit .. I'm figuring this will be the perfect weekend to scoop one up.  I'm in NYC .. Where should I start?
Price range - is anything up to $500 max ..

niidawg3 :

nerd.gif

Supermanblue79 :

A typo Akuratl02 : Your best bet is to check JCrew, Club Monaco or Banana Republic

Just picked these Clae Gregory's up from Livestock. Thinking about wearing them with some rolled chinos for the summer. What colour do you guys think would look best?

0001.jpg

A typo Akuratl02 : Your best bet is to check JCrew, Club Monaco or Banana Republic
Understood ... Funny thing is you are about the same as me .. 6 ft 5 and thin
laugh.gif
 .. So I appreciate the suggestions .. 

I heard only the B&R in Rockefeller has suits for our size .. Which J. Crew store do I visit?

can anyone give me some pointers on wearing the ALL BLACK damier LV tie with a different color shirt and slacks?

THink Fresh

is that a turks head knot bracelet ? I've been trying to get the fob version of that so bad in 2 tone colors lol

Originally Posted by rafsjays

So, I need a nice slim fit white spread collar dress shirt for a work function on monday.
Since it is on monday I prefer a brick an mortar. Any suggestions?

I'm probably gonna check out brooks brothers.

Thx.
I actually have two pairs of these. The $50 ones right? I really like them. They are definitely a more modern slim fit. I get a lot of compliments on them. I'll be getting some more soon. 
glasses.gif

Alright fellas, need some help.

I'm taking my girl out for her "birthday" (missed her real birthday
tired.gif
) but I really wanted to make this one special, and have a nice fit to go along with it. So far what we have planned is just to go shopping and then out to a restaurant of her choice...

This is what I had in mind...

Baby blue Express V-neck
White Polo Ralph Lauren Button-up
Gray Shorts
Air Max 1's

Didn't know if I was mixing too many styles or not...just wanted some feedback. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Sorry for the crappy pics as well.

you really look like you're trying too hard. 
indifferent.gif

get rid of the blue undershirt and go with khaki shorts.

NOT cargo khaki shorts btw.

Just get rid of the blue undershirt and switch it with a clean white one.

Personally I like cargo shorts, especially w/kicks. I rock non cargos w/Vans or Sperry's.

Solid outfit, that blue shirt has no business there though.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Those J Crew x Nike Tennis Classics sold out online with the quickness. You get a pair Steezy?

i honestly have no clue about these, i haven't shopped in a couple of weeks, trying to stash some paper
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Alright fellas, need some help.

I'm taking my girl out for her "birthday" (missed her real birthday
tired.gif
) but I really wanted to make this one special, and have a nice fit to go along with it. So far what we have planned is just to go shopping and then out to a restaurant of her choice...

This is what I had in mind...

Baby blue Express V-neck
White Polo Ralph Lauren Button-up
Gray Shorts
Air Max 1's

Didn't know if I was mixing too many styles or not...just wanted some feedback. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Sorry for the crappy pics as well.

This is just sloppy. 
Keep the button up...and roll the sleeves properly. 

Iron the collar of the button up and keep it lookin sharp. 

Under shirt makes no sense.  Leave it at home.

Get a new pair of chino shorts, and NOT cargos. 

Put on a belt and tuck in the shirt.

Examples of the length (below or above the knee is up to you; I would go above)

slim-fit-chino-shorts.jpg

88B01UNAT_large.jpg

Example of appropriate shoes: 

ConverseJackPurcellBoat1.jpg

converse-jack-purcell-crocodile-skin_.jpg

1.jpg

I appreciate all the help guys, but I'm not really a fan of the "frat" look, especially in a college town. I'll lose the undershirt and go with some khakis though...all white Vans acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom