Dressing better

You should wear those Clarks that way, Two-Face swag.

Those Jordan fits aren't bad but they are borderline. The I's are cool but the IIIs just looks overly bulky to be honest.
Wear some lower profile sneakers in it's place and it'll be 10x better.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Gift to the homie Marcus Troy while he was in town.
jfeyap.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Murray497

didn't know TSB was a sneaker heard. impressive.
I hate this word with a passion. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Just 'cause someone owns a couple pairs of sneakers doesn't make them a "sneakerhead"

Sneakers can be pulled off with some outfits, but not all.

Those Jordan fits aren't bad but they are borderline. The I's are cool but the IIIs just looks overly bulky to be honest.

Ehh, Lanvin's are bulky as hell and you vouch for those.  That's your style though, not knocking it.

Anyone know a good site with Wide Collar Dress shirts other than brooks brothers for bigger sized men? (17 1/2-18 neck)

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

what khaki pants are those with the black/red 1's?
Sneakers by Air Jordan (original
colorway, re-released in 2009). Chinos by Ralph Lauren Polo (34×32).
White oxford shirt by Band of Outsiders (size 3). Black cotton jacket by
Gucci (size 50). Watch by Montblanc (42mm Timewalker). Watchband off
eBay. “Clubmaster

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

eBay. “Clubmaster

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

eBay. “Clubmaster

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Ehh, Lanvin's are bulky as hell and you vouch for those.  That's your style though, not knocking it.

Lanvin isn't as bulky at all, Lanvin lowtops are pretty lowprofile, even the high-tops:
EbS6z.jpg

In comparison to:
GaD69.jpg
08MWd.jpg

You can see how bulky Jordans are compared to Lanvins.

The only bulky sneakers I have are the Rick Owens, which everyone practically hated (so it does prove my point about giant sneakers even at my own expense
laugh.gif
) and the Margiela hi's which is still somewhat lower profile silhouette than Jordans.

I co-sign RFX on this 100% and it's the reason the only Jordans I wear casually are 1s. But it's much less of a problem for those with smaller shoe sizes. Think about it, the width of your legs/jeans is probably the same whether you're 6'4" or 5'10", but your shoe size is probably way different. A pair of Jordans in my size (13.5) with any of the jeans or khakis I own would look absolutely ridiculous. The 1s are the only ones that don't look like clown shoes.

NT Style People.
I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'm sure health/hygiene are important to style.
So the question is what deodorants/anti-perspiration items do you guys use? My deodorant are not living up to its claims, especially in this NY summer.
What lotions do you guys use? My cheap Vaseline lotion is not working.

For my face, I use Jack Black or Kiehls. Right now I am using Jack Blacks Double-Duty Face Mopisturizer, it's not the best smell in the world but it is SPF20 and works well for me.
For lotion, anything that smells good from Bath&Body but for th emost part, I just use cocoa butter as it kind of hides the stretch marks from working out and such.

For deodorants, I don't really use one, my armpits just doesn't stink bad enough for me to use one but I would suggest going all natural. The ones with zinc and aluminum leaves yellow spots on undershirts or some silver residue.

Originally Posted by RFX45

For my face, I use Jack Black or Kiehls. Right now I am using Jack Blacks Double-Duty Face Mopisturizer, it's not the best smell in the world but it is SPF20 and works well for me.
For lotion, anything that smells good from Bath&Body but for th emost part, I just use cocoa butter as it kind of hides the stretch marks from working out and such.

For deodorants, I don't really use one, my armpits just doesn't stink bad enough for me to use one but I would suggest going all natural. The ones with zinc and aluminum leaves yellow spots on undershirts or some silver residue.
By all natural do you mean no deodorant at all such as yourself or do you meant use an all natural product such as Tom's?

Sneakers by Air Jordan (original colorway, re-released in 2009). Chinos by Ralph Lauren Polo (34×32). White oxford shirt by Band of Outsiders (size 3). Black cotton jacket by Gucci (size 50). Watch by Montblanc (42mm Timewalker). Watchband off eBay. “Clubmaster

some of yall damn crazy what happened to male clothes and female clothes?? real talk your lady can borrow your pants then theres some wrong

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by RFX45

By all natural do you mean no deodorant at all such as yourself or do you meant use an all natural product such as Tom's?
Yah, deodorants that use natural ingredients.

Originally Posted by Smoke 2x

some of yall damn crazy what happened to male clothes and female clothes?? real talk your lady can borrow your pants then theres some wrong
indifferent.gif

WeWood watches have a 10% percent off sale going expires today personally think these are
pimp.gif

^Have fun tripping over your 501s
Bros

Where can I find skinnier chinos? Besides H&M? 

I ordered some from Dockers because they had a sale but the fit was terribly big

Originally Posted by calikev34

^Have fun tripping over your 501s
Bros

Where can I find skinnier chinos? Besides H&M? 

I ordered some from Dockers because they had a sale but the fit was terribly big
Most of the usual suspects (Gap, J.Crew, etc.) are starting to carry slim cut chinos pretty regularly now. I have four pairs, two from Gap and two from J.Crew, and they're pretty much perfect. Summer weight fabrics, slim but not skinny, sit low on the waist. 

it depends also on the shoe size i think.. i mean if you have super big feet and wear extremely tight jeans the shoes will look phunky ? anyone agree

Originally Posted by plantaXmagica

it depends also on the shoe size i think.. i mean if you have super big feet and wear extremely tight jeans the shoes will look phunky ? anyone agree
I agree, as I said above.
It's just common sense and proportions. It's sort of unfortunate to have bigger feet sometimes, because wearing certain shoes casually just looks bad. I'm tall and have fairly skinny legs and big feet, so even with shorts a pair of Jordan Vs in my size or even some Air Max 360s look ridiculously big on my feet. My casual rotation consists entirely of low-profile casual shoes. The only remotely athletic shoes I wear casually are adidas classic Sambas. 

Originally Posted by plantaXmagica

It certaily plays a part but some shoes are just bulky. Like Barkleys or Air Maxes for example, no matter how small your feet is, it'll still look big unless you rock some bootcut jeans.
For the most part, basketball shoes are just made big because it provides support, cushions, padding and techs to help you perform while other low profile shoes like Chucks and Jack Purcells has no padding at all, it is just canvas and rubber and not much else.

How hard is it to make a suit jacket fit better?

Mine is so loose about the waist I can fit like a thick knitted jersey underneath. How do you get it to show more shirt - Like Barney Stinson's suits - its like he has a near perfect rectangle of white/whatever color down the middle.

I'll try to get pics for the NT.

Back
Top Bottom