Dressing better

Could you guys recommend me a good quality navy blazer for fairly cheap? Around 100€ if that's even possible.

Originally Posted by JSoN619

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Quick question:

Looking for a pair of pants on J.Crew. The Stanton pants have a classic fit and slim fit, but they both look very similar. Not really looking for some baggy pants, so does anyone have either or? How do they fit? Etc...

Classic fit is like a slim straight fit slimmer than a regular fit. Slim fit/Urban slim is like a skinny in a way as it is slimmer than the classic and slimmer in the leg/thigh. Try the Stanton pants in the store and urban slim chinos for size. Sidenote free shipping when you buy any crewcut item. you can just return the crewcut item to get your money back at the jcrew store

pimp.gif
 preciate it

Guys I need some help with altering suits. Is it easier to make a suit smaller or is it easier to expand it? A 36R suit sits a bit tight on my torso but a 38R is a bit too big on me. Now, I don't know if I should buy a 36R or a 38R. What do you guys usually do in this type of situation?

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Guys I need some help with altering suits. Is it easier to make a suit smaller or is it easier to expand it? A 36R suit sits a bit tight on my torso but a 38R is a bit too big on me. Now, I don't know if I should buy a 36R or a 38R. What do you guys usually do in this type of situation?
If the shoulders on the 38R fit you properly, get that one. If they are too big for you, find a different suit. I don't think it's a good idea to buy a suit that's too tight around your midsection. 

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Could you guys recommend me a good quality navy blazer for fairly cheap? Around 100€ if that's even possible.
exactly what im looking for myself ????

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

If the shoulders on the 38R fit you properly, get that one. If they are too big for you, find a different suit. I don't think it's a good idea to buy a suit that's too tight around your midsection. 
I feel the shoulders fit better on the 36R  and the sleeve length is perfect BUT it's tight around my midsection
ohwell.gif

The 38R sits better but I feel it's way too lose and the sleeves are bit long. The sleeves almost reach my knuckles. I'm going to take pictures next time and I think that will you guys a better idea of what suit I should buy. Thanks for the suggestion though
pimp.gif

How do Allen Edmonds fit? True to size? I'm a 12 or 12.5 in nikes, size 11 in clarks and converse to give an idea of my sizing.

Originally Posted by solefulJs

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks
This. Same thing happened to me on Wednesday so the next two days I just wore a tee with my slacks while walking, with my shirt on a hanger, to the train station, then wiped myself down in the bathroom and threw the hanger away
laugh.gif
. May be OD but the sun isn't even out when I'm walking and I felt much better sitting on the train than I did on Wednesday

Don't know what your work set up is like but why not stash a few clean and folded shirts in your desk drawer Don Draper style? Wear whatever on your way in and just throw one on when you get there.
eek.gif
I don't know why but I never thought about this. May have to try this for a week.

'Good quality' and 'cheap' never belong in the same sentence.  It's either or.  Then again, quality is all perception.  But to answer your question, Zara is selling some for $60-100 on sale right now.  Cheap, quality is sub par but it'll fit well without looking boxy or having to get it tailored.
Not directed towards you specifically, but there's too many people here more focused on getting stuff on sale or cheap versus saving that money and investing it in quality pieces.  That one quality piece you spend 3-4 times more money on out of your normal price range is truly an investment IMO.  I'd rather spend $500 on a bespoke suit from thickasthieves than a $500 Ludlow suit from J.Crew.  Or $200 on a bespoke shirt than 4 shirts for $200.  Granted, everyone has different income levels but it seems the concept of saving is foreign to most in this thread.

I enjoy deals and savings like the next man but just b/c it's 70% off, doesn't make the product any better.  Just food for thought.

Also, Allen Edmonds fit true to size.  Their core collection usually have different widths also.  Depending on the last, wouldn't recommend sizing down, especially on a dress shoe.

Originally Posted by artysm

'Good quality' and 'cheap' never belong in the same sentence.  It's either or.  Then again, quality is all perception.  But to answer your question, Zara is selling some for $60-100 on sale right now.  Cheap, quality is sub par but it'll fit well without looking boxy or having to get it tailored.
Not directed towards you specifically, but there's too many people here more focused on getting stuff on sale or cheap versus saving that money and investing it in quality pieces.  That one quality piece you spend 3-4 times more money on out of your normal price range is truly an investment IMO.  I'd rather spend $500 on a bespoke suit from thickasthieves than a $500 Ludlow suit from J.Crew.  Or $200 on a bespoke shirt than 4 shirts for $200.  Granted, everyone has different income levels but it seems the concept of saving is foreign to most in this thread.

I enjoy deals and savings like the next man but just b/c it's 70% off, doesn't make the product any better.  Just food for thought.

Also, Allen Edmonds fit true to size.  Their core collection usually have different widths also.  Depending on the last, wouldn't recommend sizing down, especially on a dress shoe.

I'd say invest in things like a jacket or shoes. Other stuff comes and goes

It terms of summer shoes, what options are the besides boat shoes, or is it just canvas shoes and light weight sneakers?
How do Nike Toki's fit, true to the size?
For khakis, Dockers have basically been my go to brand. Can anyone recommend any brands that are on par or better?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

It terms of summer shoes, what options are the besides boat shoes, or is it just canvas shoes and light weight sneakers?
How do Nike Toki's fit, true to the size?
For khakis, Dockers have basically been my go to brand. Can anyone recommend any brands that are on par or better?

imo GAP is just as good or better than Dockers. i prefer GAP because they come with button fly.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Hold up, J crew does tailoring?

yes, yes they do
It says it on their website somewhere.  I think it's free if you're a cardmember.
Not all the stores do it though.  I'm sure the one at my mall doesn't but the one in the city probably does.

Shoulders fit really well.

But the rest of the suit looks like sort of an odd hybrid between a traditional and a trendy suit. The jacket is very short, and the pants are very tapered, like most trendy/modern cut suits. But the body of the jacket is big, and the arms are baggy, especially above the elbow.

Definitely not terrible, but the length of the jacket and the over-tapering of the pants keep this from being a great interview suit IMO.

The pants say "slim/fitted/modern" and the jacket screams traditional.

The jacket makes you look portly, unless you are portly.  It is not awful, but not great either.

Is it off the rack or has it already been tailored?

Back
Top Bottom