Dressing better

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Murray497

didn't know TSB was a sneaker heard. impressive.
I hate this word with a passion. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Just 'cause someone owns a couple pairs of sneakers doesn't make them a "sneakerhead"

Sneakers can be pulled off with some outfits, but not all.
grin.gif
 Sorry. I didn't know he owned a few pairs of jordans. 

Originally Posted by I3

How hard is it to make a suit jacket fit better?

Mine is so loose about the waist I can fit like a thick knitted jersey underneath. How do you get it to show more shirt - Like Barney Stinson's suits - its like he has a near perfect rectangle of white/whatever color down the middle.

I'll try to get pics for the NT.
It depends which part of it doesn't fit. Generally, the shoulder area of the jacket is the only part that would be difficult/impractical to alter. The area around the waist is a pretty simple take in and any good tailor should be able to do it without a problem. Just make sure the rest of the jacket fits well before you take in the waist, I see so many jackets that fit great around the waist but have baggy sleeves or ill-fitting shoulders and it just looks bad. 

its definitely the waist.. i'll get some pics, so perhaps you can guide me what to tell the tailor. I do have a nice fitting casual blazer that I can bring as a guide.

This is what I want all my suit jackets to look like as I hate buttoning them up:
Academy+Screening+How+Met+Mother+0myetL6E5aOl.jpg

Originally Posted by sb23

u guys think casual dressy/casual + sneakers like jordans etc are a good look..?? saw my boy pull it off few times and wasnt
that badd

I think it looks good. I know some guys on this thread disagree saying Jordans are too bulky but it all depends how you execute the fit.
I personally do not like a nice dressy fit with jack purcell converse. Those shoes have an  ugly rubber midsole and look like clown shoes.

I would much rather wear some nice glossy black dress shoes. If it's a mix of Dress/Casual fit, I would throw on some Sperry Top Siders 
pimp.gif

And guys, please wear cloth that fit your frame. I'm 6'0, medium/large frame so I am not into buying "skinnys" or super tapered pants/jeans. I 

personally think it looks bad when you get pants that fit extremely tight. If you are on the bigger side. Get slim fits but please do not get the ones

that basically choke your "butt" lol. 

For Jeans I basically like Guess Los Angeles Lincoln Slim Straights. I like how they fit unlike Hugo Boss, Armani, and other expensive name brands out there.

Those tend to fit me too tight and if I size them up, they don't look too good imo.

Originally Posted by remix

mman 20$ polo at tj maxx, gotta love that place

Man I love TJ Maxx. I've found some nice Ralph Lauren shirts there. 
I also bought some Levis Capital E jeans for $40 
pimp.gif
.  I was so pissed because I had bought the same ones from Nordstroms for $125 (And they were on sale 
sick.gif
).

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

anyone knows where i can get this for cheap, saw them on nordstrom.com but $100 seems too much

_6349538.jpg

They are 84.95, decent price. But if you are a bargain shopper 6pm.com and Ebay can be your friend.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

anyone knows where i can get this for cheap, saw them on nordstrom.com but $100 seems too much

_6349538.jpg

They are 84.95, decent price. But if you are a bargain shopper 6pm.com and Ebay can be your friend.

yeah with tax and shipping comes up to over 100 tho, just wanted to look around to see if they are cheaper any where else.

StaXX wrote:
Those fits up there just don't work imo.
Look like he's trying to hard.

I've never understood what this means...how does one try too hard when it comes to fashion?  Everybody's style is different, and I embrace everyone's differentiation.

I have a few free goodies that you guys can have if you want them, just pay for shipping.  All are long sleeve.  Just throw me a PM if you want any of them.

Brooks Brothers Light Yellow (16.5 34/35)

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/rdahmen40/?action=view&current=004-2.jpg

J. Crew Purple Gingham Large (16-16.5)

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/rdahmen40/?action=view&current=003-4.jpg

J. Crew Light Pink Large (16-16.5)

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/rdahmen40/?action=view&current=002-6.jpg

Polo Ralph Lauren Large

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/rdahmen40/?action=view&current=001-7.jpg

i guess it looks forced. while people may have their own sense of dress. there are not too many stylish people these days. some are fashionable, but thus the trying too hard vibe

Hey Guys.  Looking for a little direction here.

How does one go about finding a good tailor.  I have a lot of clothing that are nice pieces, but do not fit the way I like, so I rarely wear them.  I live in Providence, RI, but dont know many people around here to recommend a tailor they trust.  My fear is that I go to someone who seems experienced (gray hair) who still tailors clothing to fit they way people used to prefer.

What are some guidelines to find a good tailor?
Recommendations of tailors in Providence, RI or Boston, MA would be appreciated as well.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I have a few free goodies that you guys can have if you want them, just pay for shipping.  All are long sleeve.  Just throw me a PM if you want any of them.

Brooks Brothers Light Yellow (16.5 34/35)

J. Crew Purple Gingham Large (16-16.5)

J. Crew Light Pink Large (16-16.5)

Polo Ralph Lauren Large

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/rdahmen40/?action=view&current=001-7.jpg

wouldnt mind recieving that polo 
pimp.gif
 whats shipping looking like? 

Good idea on the giveaway. Might do that when I clean the closet out.

As far as tailor goes. I found mine on Yelp and went there with a test piece, a pair of pants that needed tapering and a dress shirt that I wanted taken in a bit. They did a good job. So they will be my "go to" until they %%%@ up. Prices are reasonable, quick turnaround and what won me over...they are open on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

_6349538.jpg

yeah with tax and shipping comes up to over 100 tho, just wanted to look around to see if they are cheaper any where else.
A tip to save on shipping: call any Nordstrom store  (ask for the shoe department), give the SA the item number. Ask them to order it and have it sent from a different store. If you order an item at Nordstrom but they have to ship from another store, it's free standard shipping. The SA still gets the sale, and it'll be the easiest one they get all day, so they'll definitely do it. Also, if it's an online only item, even better, because they'll order it through the website and all web orders processed in store have free shipping.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by imvictor

NT school me on Zara blazers, looking to get one but scared it might not fit well.
http://www.zara.com/webap...7/317514/COTTON%2BBLAZER

Trial and error isn't that bad on an option. Get a size you have a blazer in already, order it, see how it fits and make adjustments from there.
Thing is i dont have a blazer nor suit jacket lol so i dont know.
Might have to go to the store and check it out, not trying to get something i have to taylor since i live in DR and they might f*** it up more than it is.
Thanks for the fast response btw.

Back
Top Bottom