Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

You think they'll give them back to me?
I didn't even know I had them and it expired in May and June?

Generaiya definitely thinks so. If you're on Twitter, Generaiya would recommend tweeting something along the lines of "sucks to find out my @GiltMan credits expired without any warning . . ." They should contact you and ask that you DM your info and proceed to take care of you.
If you're calling in, just be calm, soft spoken, and polite. Gilt's customer service is superb and that is one of the reasons Generaiya shops there.

Ahhh thanks man. I contacted them via email, but I'll do that on twitter too.
If that doesn't work I'll call them tomorrow

Originally Posted by needsomejays

need some advice, i bought my first pair of boat shoes today and was wondering, socks or no socks? what type of socks if i should wear them? i know this probably sounds really stupid so bare with me 
laugh.gif
Depends. If you're actually on a boat, or near water, no socks. If not then use no-show socks.

need advice on denim jackets. just got a good deal off ebay, is this a good color contrast for denim jackets.

28817y0.png

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by omgitswes

You think they'll give them back to me?
I didn't even know I had them and it expired in May and June?

Generaiya definitely thinks so. If you're on Twitter, Generaiya would recommend tweeting something along the lines of "sucks to find out my @GiltMan credits expired without any warning . . ." They should contact you and ask that you DM your info and proceed to take care of you.
If you're calling in, just be calm, soft spoken, and polite. Gilt's customer service is superb and that is one of the reasons Generaiya shops there.
http://twitter.com/omgitswes32

http://twitter.com/omgitswes32
@omgitswes32 Aw sorry about that! You can always see expiration dates on your account at http://gi.lt/oF0uGG Hope u can use them next time!

Didn't work
laugh.gif
oh well

Originally Posted by Murray497

Vanishing elephant makes a similar shoe. Around $200 but they pop up on gilt every once in a while. I have blue suede ones and olive leather if you want pics.Edit: check top man or all saints. Those shoes have the grungy worn look.

thanks dog.  i see a lot of good stuff from both sites.  any more recommendations?

I, too, would like to know what brand has good slim-fitting chinos in multiple colors. I tried some at Club Monaco that were almost exactly what I wanted, but were not quite narrow enough at the ankle. I actually ended up getting the UO house brand, BDG, chinos in the two colors they had in my size (they had tan, navy, and grey). Personally, I think they're one of the better buys at $50. They fit me pretty much exactly how I want without having to get them tapered and the fabric is stretchy so I don't feel restricted at all.

I got some slim-fitting J.Crew chinos from the outlet that are also a lighter-weight fabric. They look nicer just from the construction and fabric--a dressier looking chino than the ones I previously mentioned--but I had to get them tailored to fit slimmer throughout the entire leg (I have particularly slim legs and like my pants fitted throughout). They aren't very well made though--they were the ones from the outlet--and you can see where the fabric is being strained at the seams in the seat-area. If you wear them a good bit looser than me, I would recommend them. They were pretty cheap (I want to say $30-45 or so) and look good, but I had to get them tailored and fixed a bit.

Ideally, I'd like something of solid construction, very slim in the leg, and <$100 if possible. An array of colors would be nice, too.

Pleated dress pants are not a good look right? I by accidently bought a pair the other day, didn't notice till I got home. I don't think they look bad, but I've heard a lot of negative things about them.

anyone want to buy a size 10.5 clark desert boots? they were too big for me. im a size 10 when it comes to clarks. i only worn them once in the house to try them on. i can provide pictures. check my page for references.

I'm getting my suit back tomorrow from the tailor...so pumped to see how it turned out...I'm really optimistic or the place I brought it to...the lady was very nice and seemed to know what I was looking for in a suit.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

I, too, would like to know what brand has good slim-fitting chinos in multiple colors. I tried some at Club Monaco that were almost exactly what I wanted, but were not quite narrow enough at the ankle. I actually ended up getting the UO house brand, BDG, chinos in the two colors they had in my size (they had tan, navy, and grey). Personally, I think they're one of the better buys at $50. They fit me pretty much exactly how I want without having to get them tapered and the fabric is stretchy so I don't feel restricted at all.

I got some slim-fitting J.Crew chinos from the outlet that are also a lighter-weight fabric. They look nicer just from the construction and fabric--a dressier looking chino than the ones I previously mentioned--but I had to get them tailored to fit slimmer throughout the entire leg (I have particularly slim legs and like my pants fitted throughout). They aren't very well made though--they were the ones from the outlet--and you can see where the fabric is being strained at the seams in the seat-area. If you wear them a good bit looser than me, I would recommend them. They were pretty cheap (I want to say $30-45 or so) and look good, but I had to get them tailored and fixed a bit.

Ideally, I'd like something of solid construction, very slim in the leg, and <$100 if possible. An array of colors would be nice, too.
you have to understand that you have to pay for increased quality, fit and construction. Mason's makes the best chinos in the world (at least I think so), but you have to be willing to drop $175 for their basics (they last forever though) and they come in different shades of khaki, as well as blue, red, white, etc.

@donjuan
If that was meant for me, im doing great. Still post here and there - definitely not as much as I used to with different ventures going on.

Tie and shirt are RLPL and the suit is Zegna.

Casual outfit is Gitman Bro. and Jcrew raw selvedge. - Burkman Bro bracelets.

^
Stuff looks great.  I'm guessing it's an Asian-based company?  I'll support my fellow Asians.

From looking at hypebeast.com and other blogs, it seems like there's a bunch of new gentleman's wear brands popping up.

It's like a different version of when all those streetwear brands started up to cash in.

Back
Top Bottom