Dressing better

Skin is coming off my Achilles when I wear my sebago's and it hurts a lot
laugh.gif
anything I can do about this?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

so no tips or recommendations on DEEP v-neck white t shirts I could stock up on (no ties ftw)?

You're going to a wedding, why wouldn't you wear a tie?

I' wearing a tie during the vows and photos at the start, but it'll come off once its time for the party/seating. Never been fond of ties, I don't wear one at work.
laugh.gif

Im not a fan of rolled up pant legs, but in his outfit I think he pulled it off really well. Its different, but if you look at the look as a whole, it looks good.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

so no tips or recommendations on DEEP v-neck white t shirts I could stock up on (no ties ftw)?

You're going to a wedding, why wouldn't you wear a tie?

I' wearing a tie during the vows and photos at the start, but it'll come off once its time for the party/seating. Never been fond of ties, I don't wear one at work.
laugh.gif
1-Take off jacket.
2-Take off tie.

3-Unbutton button-up.

4-Roll up sleeves.

5-?????

6-Profit.

American Apparel has one of the deepest of v-necks I've seen. Give them a try if one is near you.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

I was about to pick up those Alphas..even had the glitch show up on my browser..

but after doing quick research on the dockers site..it says the leg opening is 18".

that's too wide for my taste..

would've been sweet if they were slimmer.
ohwell.gif
That’s unfortunate because the leg opening is actually around 15. Dockers has terrible product descriptions. It seems they have descriptions for their ‘D’ line and then slap the closest one on their new products.

Originally Posted by Aze201

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

I was about to pick up those Alphas..even had the glitch show up on my browser..

but after doing quick research on the dockers site..it says the leg opening is 18".

that's too wide for my taste..

would've been sweet if they were slimmer.
ohwell.gif
That’s unfortunate because the leg opening is actually around 15. Dockers has terrible product descriptions. It seems they have descriptions for their ‘D’ line and then slap the closest one on their new products.

Yeah these are actually some of the slimmest pants i've ever rocked, it's brand new territory
laugh.gif
.  Def not 18".  I'd thought they'd fit like the slim soft khakis i already have, but these are cut way slimmer.  I gasped for a minute, but i actually like them.

Originally Posted by taymane23

Originally Posted by Dok

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

i hate to have to quote that again ^^
but i also want info on the jean jacket. Ive always like that print..
the Fall line of RL this year came out with alot of pieces with it on them..
That jacket is from the new Denim & Supply line from Ralph Lauren. They actually have that jacket online at Macys. com for 145. All they have left is a large. You could try your local Macys though.My Macys had quite a few of them in various sizes last time I checked.

if they have a medium please pm me because that model is wearing a medium . large is going to be too big I already know and my bad to the brothas that was looking for info on the jacket I'm just now seeing the quotes .
laugh.gif
knowing me id probably need a small 
ohwell.gif

thanks anyways to both of you.. 

Originally Posted by eplaya06

Originally Posted by Swag4Days

Originally Posted by eplaya06

Can anyone help id the boots the model is wearing?  Been searching the net, but can't find anything...

They look like sebagos. Someone correct me if Im wrong
RFX???
if im not mistaken (which i hope im not)
these are made by Redwings for jcrew

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...s/PRDOVR~30487/30487.jsp

imma try and cop a pair this winter but the price is a bit steep for me 
frown.gif

I think those are RW Wabasha. Theres another brand that comes to mind but I cant remember it at the moment.

Originally Posted by sage909
Looks like you want some critique..

1.  square-toed shoes are for pedophiles.
2.  black shoes clash with your pants.  go for brown.
3.  that looks like a dress shirt.  don't wear dress shirts untucked.  the tails (bottom) of the shirt are too long.  you want a shirt that has more squared-off tails.  look into sport shirts.
16-sleeves-0308.jpg

pants look like they fit great. may be a little too long, but that's just my preference.  

Here is my problem. My clothes are either too "urban" (hoody, tees, roomy jeans) or fancy (look like I'm going to church). I just started working at a job that is in an office setting. The clothes I have dont match the culture there. I have been wearing my "fancy" clothes because i would always rather be over dressed than under dressed, but I need to step up my wardrobe. 
I took advantage of the Kohls black/navy/khaki Alpha deal posted a few pages back (thanks NT).
Here are the shoes I have

Cole Haan Paul Chukka

5713171551_e581ac04be_o.jpg

Keneth Cole shoes

Shoes_iAEC1018560.jpg

what shirts should I get? What are some other solid (affordable) pieces should I buy that I can mix in the rotation?

Thanks guise

nice fitting oxford shirt (blue or pink). crisp white dress shirts. grey v-neck sweater or cardigan. navy blazer. and you're set

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Here is my problem. My clothes are either too "urban" (hoody, tees, roomy jeans) or fancy (look like I'm going to church). I just started working at a job that is in an office setting. The clothes I have dont match the culture there. I have been wearing my "fancy" clothes because i would always rather be over dressed than under dressed, but I need to step up my wardrobe. 
I took advantage of the Kohls black/navy/khaki Alpha deal posted a few pages back (thanks NT).
Here are the shoes I have

Cole Haan Paul Chukka

5713171551_e581ac04be_o.jpg

Keneth Cole shoes

Shoes_iAEC1018560.jpg

what shirts should I get? What are some other solid (affordable) pieces should I buy that I can mix in the rotation?

Thanks guise
$300.00 budget
Please slim your shoes down and say "NO!" to square toe shoes. 

http://www1.macys.com/cat...rown%26sp%3D2%26spc%3D97

or 

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/s...55&category=cat20240

2- Flat Front Chinos or Khakis

1- White Oxford

1- Blue Oxford

1- Gray Sweater

1- Pair of Dark Plain Jeans (Think Levis 514s) No emblems, this is for casual friday

If you are really on a budget go to places like TJMAXX, Marshalls, and Gap/Banana Republic (Never Buy Full Price @ BR/Gap) or even Target for casual socks, cheap oxfords. Do not buy a suit or slacks from Target though. Also hit up Macy's for business casual items. 

Always think blues, grays, browns, and charcoal. Do not where black pants and blue or white shirt together! 

I hope this helps. 

Everyone feel free to critique my advice. 
smile.gif

I don't mean to sound rude, dude, but get rid of those Kenneth Cole shoes. I believe you can find some decent looking Kenneth Coles, those just aren't it. Plenty of other brands to look into depending upon your price range get away from the square toe and try a simple plain toe or cap toe oxford to start.

For you Filipinos, I'm going to a debut. Normally, I'd wear a suit, but I want something a little different. I want a tweed sport coat and maybe some nice dark wash jeans. Not sure what to wear with it. Any suggestions? Or should I suit up for this one? 

Originally Posted by J2Legend

For you Filipinos, I'm going to a debut. Normally, I'd wear a suit, but I want something a little different. I want a tweed sport coat and maybe some nice dark wash jeans. Not sure what to wear with it. Any suggestions? Or should I suit up for this one? 

tweed is a little bit too casual for a formal event.  but I'm pretty sure most people won't care.  they'll be happy that you even have a sport coat or blazer on.
laugh.gif

but if if you want...

grey or brown herringbone sport coat
blue gingham shirt
solid navy knit tie
dark blue denim
brown belt
brown shoes

sample pic

AVqQz.jpg

but like I said.. the tweed is a little casual.

Back
Top Bottom