Dressing better

Bro burn those Kenneth Coles!

I'm in the market for a pair of new brown shoes, any recommendations??...200-300$ budget

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Bro burn those Kenneth Coles!

I'm in the market for a pair of new brown shoes, any recommendations??...200-300$ budget
Was going to say Allen Edmonds as well, very reliable and comfortable and fits the price range (maybe less if you look around enough).
Light brown, dark chutney brown, cognac?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

so no tips or recommendations on DEEP v-neck white t shirts I could stock up on (no ties ftw)?

American Apparel has one of the deepest of v-necks I've seen. Give them a try if one is near you.

thank you.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Originally Posted by J2Legend

For you Filipinos, I'm going to a debut. Normally, I'd wear a suit, but I want something a little different. I want a tweed sport coat and maybe some nice dark wash jeans. Not sure what to wear with it. Any suggestions? Or should I suit up for this one? 

tweed is a little bit too casual for a formal event.  but I'm pretty sure most people won't care.  they'll be happy that you even have a sport coat or blazer on.
laugh.gif

but if if you want...

grey or brown herringbone sport coat
blue gingham shirt
solid navy knit tie
dark blue denim
brown belt
brown shoes

sample pic

Mjkt.jpg

but like I said.. the tweed is a little casual.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips, man. 

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Thanks. Keep it coming.
Pardon my ignorance but why are square toes so frowned upon?
Not good looking at all.  IMO square toes are too bulky.  Doesn't frame well.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Pardon my ignorance but why are square toes so frowned upon?

They're ugly and that is pretty much the only reason you need. 
laugh.gif

If you want a very versatile pair of shoes, get some snuff suede derby. I think Bass sells some for $60-$70 and JCrew might have some better silhouette version for $130. Works well with dark jeans or any colored chinos plus a button up or even just a plain white tee. 

BROCKTONTP_lg.jpg

If you want to step it up a bit with the budget, Aldens snuff suede derby or chukkas, both great pairs with better silhouette.

xePSn.jpg
nrwIV.png

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Originally Posted by sage909
Looks like you want some critique..

1.  square-toed shoes are for pedophiles.
2.  black shoes clash with your pants.  go for brown.
3.  that looks like a dress shirt.  don't wear dress shirts untucked.  the tails (bottom) of the shirt are too long.  you want a shirt that has more squared-off tails.  look into sport shirts.
16-sleeves-0308.jpg

pants look like they fit great. may be a little too long, but that's just my preference.  

1. why are squared toed shoes bad ?
2. good idea on the brown shoes. any suggestions ?
3. the shirt was later tucked in at work, lol.

Whats good NT, I've been lurking for a while and picked up a lot of good tips in here....but I wanted to get some critiques or thoughts on this fit: 
2igd5bl.jpg

Just going out for dinner with my girl, dont mind the tie knot its messed up b/c I hadn't adjusted it yet.

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Whats good NT, I've been lurking for a while and picked up a lot of good tips in here....but I wanted to get some critiques or thoughts on this fit: 
Just going out for dinner with my girl, dont mind the tie knot its messed up b/c I hadn't adjusted it yet.

Looks good. I would loose the tie and the rolled sleeves though. 

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Appreciate the feedback man, I was just trying to dress it up a little with the tie, but yea, the sweater actually shrunk cuz it got mixed in with the stuff in the dryer
mad.gif
 so the sleeves are too short to keep full length on me so I had to roll em up 

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Appreciate the feedback man, I was just trying to dress it up a little with the tie, but yea, the sweater actually shrunk cuz it got mixed in with the stuff in the dryer
mad.gif
 so the sleeves are too short to keep full length on me so I had to roll em up 

Understand. I had to give a sweater away because of that. 

looks kinda odd a different top would do that fit justice. too much of the same color going on imo. i would throw on like a chambray shirt or something along those lines.

thanks for your opinions, but ive decided to return them and the navy ones i got.. sticking to jeans and khakis/chinos, looking for a pair of flannel lined chinos now(jcrew?)..

No one near me stocks the Docker's alphas, so i'm going to order them online, but don't know if I should size up or not? If anything how is the fitment compared with Levi's 514's or 521's?

Anybody know of any good suede bucks? Not trying to go over $80....also could you wear them with jeans?

I have a navy/ white cardigan with brown leather patches on the elbows.
I'll be wearing it with a white v-neck and denim.

Should I do boat shoes in the same color or go with desert boots?
If DB's, what color/material??

Got my Dockers in and they were too snug. Luckily the lady at my local Kohls let me price match for any Dockers they had in stock. Ended up getting 3 pair of the d3 classic fit flat front. Great deal.

Got my Alpha in yesterday I was a little concerned about the "slim fit" thing but they fit well.
pimp.gif
 wish they had other colors I needed
ohwell.gif

Just checked the Kohls site and they have them back up for 18.95 if you search "Alpha" only a few sizes left though

Back
Top Bottom