Dressing better

Finally, a preview (albiet however small one) of Jack Spade's new menswear line

esq-jack-spade-vest-0909-lg-33554413.jpg

It looks nice enough if not pretty conventional. Also, if you listen to the latest GQRadio, you can hear Michael Bastian talk about his upcoming collection forGant which sounds really interesting.

Its interesting to see the designer's head space for thecollection

For his first collection, Hanly and his design team used what he calls the "Jack filter" to create a mix of classic tailoring and all-American sportswear. "Jack" became shorthand for the brand's sensibilities, and whenever it came up in conversation - e.g., "Jack wouldn't wear that" - a composite sketch of an actual man emerged. In Hanly's mind, "Jack's got a sense of humor, obviously. He probably lives in a city, and he's got a rebellious quality that comes out in his clothing. There's also a duality to his personality - he's both put together and a little disheveled - and he's a bit of a mystery, frankly, even to his friends." So maybe Andy Spade was right all along: Jack Spade, the brand and the fictional man, will always be a bit of a mystery. And for Hanly and the customers he's hoping to attract, the mystery is most of the fun.

This Jack guy sounds like me.

Alright a much cooler version of me but still.

Thinking about grabbing a pair of these

2hf501l.jpg

Question though, what shirts would look good/match up best with those?

hey. quick question. im thinking of getting this belt from tanner goods. but im somewhat undecided, which buckle do you guys thinks loooks best?

brass -
263ki05.jpg

nickel -
10s88eb.jpg

black -
vdq1x5.jpg

i was leaning towards black because it just looks cool, but im not so sure. any opinions?

Go with regular steel for versatility.
Black should be pretty versatile too with brass being too out there.
Any would work though, just depends on what accents you wear with it.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by Lets Get It 1231

i have this exact same color suit in the pic , i was wondering whats a color combo with a button down and tie...dont wanna do a white regular button down...

b22266b4c89321640cc746b4ea15dec681aea532.jpg
info
nerd.gif
where can i cop and how much

got it from saks..paid 350..reg.price was 6 something...got on sale...made by hugo boss

its a nice slim fit suit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by il prescelto

hmm.. makes sense. thanks! i guess its between black and nickel

I'm feeling the black alot.

Yeah, I'm think I'm going to get the black one. And the leather is going to turn darker too over time, so I think it should look good.
to the guy who asked for the link, here it is http://www.tannergoods.com/?page_id=12&category=4 they have copper too, but its +20$.

Tanner goods makes great belts.
I personally would go with the copper.
I'm a sucker for rose gold/bronze color.

Anyone here owns Aldo shoes? I feel like the quality is not all that great, but wanna be sure.

Aldo isn't very good at all, not even half way decent in quality.
Some of their leathers look plastic.
Don't get me wrong, they do have a decent looking shoe once in a blue moon but I probably still wouldn't buy from them.
I posted a few nice sneakers from them though that would suit a low profile style.

As per request:

As always with suede, the pictures really bring out the textures and patterns of the fibers. These are super smooth and buttery.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Aldo isn't very good at all, not even half way decent in quality.
Some of their leathers look plastic.
Don't get me wrong, they do have a decent looking shoe once in a blue moon but I probably still wouldn't buy from them.
I posted a few nice sneakers from them though that would suit a low profile style.
That's what I thought. But I see the price tag on some being over $100 so it had me curious.
laugh.gif

You'll like those nubs on the back and the full rubber bottom when you start wearing them, though. I have a pair of off-white RL Gasper loafers and thebottoms by the front and back are dirty as hell after a single wear. Also, the darker colors will survive that issue better, too.

The Gaspers are almost the same as the ones above, except just nubs coming out of the suede, no full rubber sole, and a penny-style strap, not tassels.

The RL post showed me the hookup on those purple loafers. I'll have a pair to contribute in a few days, now, too.

Back
Top Bottom