Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by JordannKobe1133

So I'm getting out of the habit of wearing basketball shorts and a t shirt to class this semester. Since it is still hot would a good idea be to wear khaki shorts, navy cargo, or like seer-sucker shorts with some polos or some v'necks with some boat shoes or driving mocs?
You got the right idea. However I'm not a fan of cargo anything because the big unneeded pockets ruin the shape of the shorts. That's all I wear in the summer..polo or a t shirt with shorts and sandals or driving loafers. Boat shoes would work too, but I don't have any. (This is my own preference of owning around ~10 pairs of shoes that get worn on the regular basis).

The only thing about that is I don't wanna be too plain, I want to be able to still have a sense of individuality. Im worried a plain or striped polo withsome shorts are too blah.

Originally Posted by wj4

I caught a 'style' segment from the local news. They were talking about wearing a t shirt under a polo or dress shirt for guys to 'layer' it up. I personally think that's horrible because it looks childish. It's what I did in high school and middle school. What do you fellas think?
i wear all my polos/button ups with a white crewneck t underneath...

i also hit up that BOGO sale at gap got a chambray and 3 plaid button ups for ~80$... to RFX a small fits me perfectly, besides the fact that the arms are alittle long but i usually roll them anyway unless i am layering

small, XS? Ya'll frail lol, my actual sz is XL but I wear a L becuse I like the fit more in most brands, I'm 6'1 210 if that matters

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

small, XS? Ya'll frail lol, my actual sz is XL but I wear a L becuse I like the fit more in most brands, I'm 6'1 210 if that matters

Originally Posted by bwalk

Originally Posted by wj4

I caught a 'style' segment from the local news. They were talking about wearing a t shirt under a polo or dress shirt for guys to 'layer' it
up. I personally think that's horrible because it looks childish. It's what I did in high school and middle school. What do you fellas think?
i wear all my polos/button ups with a white crewneck t underneath...

i also hit up that BOGO sale at gap got a chambray and 3 plaid button ups for ~80$... to RFX a small fits me perfectly, besides the fact that the arms are a little long but i usually roll them anyway unless i am layering

I thought that was only for sweaters & t-shirts.

Damn, I was there yesterday too.Could have bought a few shirts.

Originally Posted by wj4

So I'm getting out of the habit of wearing basketball shorts and a t shirt to class this semester. Since it is still hot would a good idea be to wear khaki shorts, navy cargo, or like seer-sucker shorts with some polos or some v'necks with some boat shoes or driving mocs?
You got the right idea. However I'm not a fan of cargo anything because the big unneeded pockets ruin the shape of the shorts. That's all I wear in the summer..polo or a t shirt with shorts and sandals or driving loafers. Boat shoes would work too, but I don't have any. (This is my own preference of owning around ~10 pairs of shoes that get worn on the regular basis).

The only thing about that is I don't wanna be too plain, I want to be able to still have a sense of individuality. Im worried a plain or striped polo with some shorts are too blah.
Then go for it, man. I'm sure you can still pull off cargo shorts, just as long as the fitment is proper. I was just voicing my style. Ifyou have time, go back through the pages and look at outfits posted by Donjuan..his style is probably close to what you have in mind.

laugh.gif
at bwalk and the pat on the back picture.

When I wear my polo, I don't wear anything under. For dress shirt, I wear a wife beater under. I personally don't like a visible neck line that a tshirt presents, plus it feels more comfy for me, less bulky.

Edit: Lemon-it's all personal pref, bro. I'm going for a lightweight frame, ie Brad Pitt in Fight Club or Cam in Never Back Down. I still lift 6days a week. I just don't wanna get swollen because brolic dudes don't look good in fitted clothes.

I honestly do not think I am scrawny at all, check my pics that I posted but these shirts often fit horribly.
GAP, Express, Old Navy, A&F, AE, etc... all make shirts that fir like a sack.
Honestly, even RL POLO sport shirts, the custom fit shirts, are huge. Rugby is somewhat tolerable but way too damn long.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I honestly do not think I am scrawny at all, check my pics that I posted but these shirts often fit horribly.
GAP, Express, Old Navy, A&F, AE, etc... all make shirts that fir like a sack.
Honestly, even RL POLO sport shirts, the custom fit shirts, are huge. Rugby is somewhat tolerable but way too damn long.

honestly, try gap. i'll post a fit pic if you want...

I'll give GAP a try again when I go to the mall but last time, their fitted shirts did fit horribly.
I'll try and post fit pics if possible.

i want to dress like this, but i feel like i'm too poor and don't have a good enough job to be dressing like this.
i'm 20 and work at tilly's.
i would feel like a poser.

Dressing nicely does not mean wealth.
This could be done in a cheap way and you have plenty of options such as H&M or BR on sale.

This could be done in a cheap way and you have plenty of options such as H&M or BR on sale.
+1,000,000. You just got to hunt for deals, that's where the fun lies IMO. I'm sure no one here spent $2,000+ on suits or $800 on adress shirt like those in the GQ pages. You get the concept and you adapt it accordingly.

All of my dress shirts and button downs are from $15-40 a piece. All on sale from J. Crew and Banana Republic, and a few of Kenneth Cole. Spend another $10on each to get the width taken in and they fit really really well. Aside from the Clark desert boots, everything were bought on sale for me. It's notabout having a lot of clothes, but having a versatile rotation that can be mixed and matched for different occasions.

good deal, i didn't know how comfortable they were. I kinda want a darker color
its damn near impossible to find boots in my size.

I hate the soles on the Doc Martens.
Theya re comfortable but the very thick sole just kills it for me and the way it is like clear gummy color of some sorts.
Not for me, but that's just me. Hard to pull it off in a less casual way.

I was just bsin around honestly, I look a this thread daily to get ideas, and most of what I see in here is
pimp.gif
: its just my build is limiting me from wearingmany of the styles in this thread so I'm trying to hit the gym so that I could possibly comfortabally fit a mediun one day

if you are low on cash, find a good Marshall's they have a lot of RL polo shirts for cheap. also look out for outlets in your area. be alert on the salesgoing on at department stores. dressing "nice" doesn't come cheap.

Originally Posted by wj4

+1,000,000. You just got to hunt for deals, that's where the fun lies IMO. I'm sure no one here spent $2,000+ on suits or $800 on a dress shirt like those in the GQ pages. You get the concept and you adapt it accordingly.

All of my dress shirts and button downs are from $15-40 a piece. All on sale from J. Crew and Banana Republic, and a few of Kenneth Cole. Spend another $10 on each to get the width taken in and they fit really really well. Aside from the Clark desert boots, everything were bought on sale for me. It's not about having a lot of clothes, but having a versatile rotation that can be mixed and matched for different occasions.
can you post some of your fits please?
i feel like to dress better, people would think your well off, when in my case, i'm really not.
so i would still feel like a poser, but i really like the style and how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom