Dressing better

I caught a 'style' segment from the local news. They were talking about wearing a t shirt under a polo or dress shirt for guys to 'layer' itup. I personally think that's horrible because it looks childish. It's what I did in high school and middle school. What do you fellas think?

Even a v-neck undershirt will show a little with a comfortably-buttoned polo/button up shirt. However, the news was probably talking about wearing a coloredshirt underneath. IMO, I think it just looks like overkill and probably trying too hard. A simple white (clean) undershirt gets the same look, but keeps anonchalant look to it. I think the line between looking moderately metro and human torch is by how hard you appear to be trying to look fashionable. Forexample, Brad Pitt or George Clooney dress well, but just look like they threw it on. Then you have the judges on the fashion/model shows that look likeoverly-well dressed cartoons. I think it was in reference to Aldo Gucci, but his cousin said his stuff was always a little "too perfect"--at somepoint, you go from clothing to costume.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the green ones too.
where in the hell ya'll gettin these from?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by il prescelto

hey. quick question. im thinking of getting this belt from tanner goods. but im somewhat undecided, which buckle do you guys thinks loooks best?

brass -
263ki05.jpg

nickel -
10s88eb.jpg

black -
vdq1x5.jpg

i was leaning towards black because it just looks cool, but im not so sure. any opinions?

Black one is
pimp.gif

If you guys are talking about the Polo loafers/drivers that were posted, it is from GrapeVineHill.
They had a 50% off promotion a week or so ago and it is worth to check out the site if the promotion is still active.
Good luck.

RFX or anyone really, can yall hook me up with some websites?
I'm running out of places to look, I like simple stuff like from J Crew or BR. Topman is nice too. But i looked on all those sites and nothing really hitme. what are some different ones?

My local GAP had BOGO free on shirts,sweaters, and something else I forgot regular priced only I think. Got a cheapo grey chambray and blue chambray shirtsfor 44.50. Not great quality, but it'll work for the price

How does the GAP shirts fit though?
They are usually baggy on me, even the fitted and slim shirts.

Originally Posted by wj4

I caught a 'style' segment from the local news. They were talking about wearing a t shirt under a polo or dress shirt for guys to 'layer' it up. I personally think that's horrible because it looks childish. It's what I did in high school and middle school. What do you fellas think?

in the Financial realm of the world, it's considered appropriate vs not wearing one. i'll wear my grey alt. apparel tees under my sports when i feellike it. it is a good way to layer. showing a white tee under a dress shirt, different story. polo, eh, not for me. just sport shirts.

Originally Posted by RFX45

How does the GAP shirts fit though?
They are usually baggy on me, even the fitted and slim shirts.
When I buy GAP sport shirts I usually size down to a small. It makes everything fit except for the neck, but I don't think I'll ever findmyself in a situation where I'll need to wear a tie with a GAP shirt. The problem for RFX is I rarely see any XS in men's.

Can anyone help me out with real casual tops for hot weather. Tee's, Cardigans, or anything like that. Its real hard to find t-shirts that arent tacky orhave cluttered designs. I was going to just opt for regular blank tee's unless someone can help me out.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Can anyone help me out with real casual tops for hot weather. Tee's, Cardigans, or anything like that. Its real hard to find t-shirts that arent tacky or have cluttered designs. I was going to just opt for regular blank tee's unless someone can help me out.
Why on earth would you want to wear a cardigan in hot weather?

You have 3 choices...t shirts, polos, or short sleeve button ups. I wear plain t shirts of different variation, ie ringer, v-neck, stripes from BR and somepolos every now and then. I don't like the way short sleeve button ups look on me.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Can anyone help me out with real casual tops for hot weather. Tee's, Cardigans, or anything like that. Its real hard to find t-shirts that arent tacky or have cluttered designs. I was going to just opt for regular blank tee's unless someone can help me out.
Why on earth would you want to wear a cardigan in hot weather?

You have 3 choices...t shirts, polos, or short sleeve button ups. I wear plain t shirts of different variation, ie ringer, v-neck, stripes from BR and some polos every now and then. I don't like the way short sleeve button ups look on me.

Yeah im not too fond of collared shirts in my real casual wear. It can get uncomfortable for me. Which is why i mentioned the Cardigan since its loose fittingand not too thick.

I guess ill just get some regular blank tee's.

From the Sartorialist:
8219BCgreysuitWeb.jpg

you could really tell the difference of european and american posture when looking at this site lol.....

i can never pull that folded flap on pants..i dont know why....maybe cause im 5'8 lol

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

From the Sartorialist:
8219BCgreysuitWeb.jpg

you could really tell the difference of european and american posture when looking at this site lol.....

i can never pull that folded flap on pants..i dont know why....maybe cause im 5'8 lol
I'm digging that look. I wasn't too sure how highwater would look with DB's and socks, but that's quite sharp.

I just bought this month's copy of GQ..pretty thick. Might be worth the $4.50 to check it out.

So I'm getting out of the habit of wearing basketball shorts and a t shirt to class this semester. Since it is still hot would a good idea be to wear khakishorts, navy cargo, or like seer-sucker shorts with some polos or some v'necks with some boat shoes or driving mocs?

Originally Posted by JordannKobe1133

So I'm getting out of the habit of wearing basketball shorts and a t shirt to class this semester. Since it is still hot would a good idea be to wear khaki shorts, navy cargo, or like seer-sucker shorts with some polos or some v'necks with some boat shoes or driving mocs?
You got the right idea. However I'm not a fan of cargo anything because the big unneeded pockets ruin the shape of the shorts. That'sall I wear in the summer..polo or a t shirt with shorts and sandals or driving loafers. Boat shoes would work too, but I don't have any. (This is my ownpreference of owning around ~10 pairs of shoes that get worn on the regular basis).

Back
Top Bottom