Dressing better

I'm 5'9 and a 30" inseam is still around 2 inches too long.. But that's the shortest I've ever seen w/o being tailored.

I'll have to drop way too much money to get my current slacks and jeans at the right length.
ohwell.gif

Levis makes 28" inseam but in very small quantities.
You may find one in your Macys to at least try on.

is there a way to keep jeans from bleeding?

I bought some Wallabees last year (most comfortable shoes ive ever worn) and after one wear of some dark denim (Old Navy) they left some blue marks. Its notthat big of a deal because jeans always cover it, but it still pizzed me off.

Common Projects has some nice looking casual kicks. Still too damn pricey for me even with the Gilt sale though.

CP selection sucked.
The only one I was even slightly interested in were the Safari and they didn't even have a size 41 in the get go.
Very disappointing.

Originally Posted by RFX45

CP selection sucked.
The only one I was even slightly interested in were the Safari and they didn't even have a size 41 in the get go.
Very disappointing.
on the other hand, i hope to see some good stuff from sperry later this week.

I want to see some good stuff from Shades of Greige tomorrow but then again it is leftover from the Spring season so I am not sure how good it's going tobe.

Uniqlo
uniqlomain.jpg

uniqlofall1.jpg
uniqlofall5.jpg

A good way to pull off DBs.
picture-143.png

Black jeans, black sport coat, black shoes... somehow it work here.
picture-202.png

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Some great advice in this post, nice to see it past 200+ pgs
I havent really been " dressing better " lately cuz I spent the summer unemployed partying a whole lot .... but Fall's here
recently ....

to a funeral RIP my best friends Granny .... I was wearing all blk vans eras that are not shown

1 button suit to a interview ... I pratically got the job on the spot
pimp.gif

My new boss says " by the way you are dressed I can tell you dont play no games "
eek.gif
pimp.gif

one button suit? really?

and btw I'm surprised no one has told you the collar on that jacket is way too big. you don't notice the spacing? I can see your entire shirt collar and the jacket collar is standing straight up. go see a tailor.

One button suits aren't that bad. The collar or lapel on the jacket isn't overly big either, the button is just lower than usual so it looks longer but the lapel is actually quite narrow but suit standards.
The high gorge might be the picture too, the angles on pics makes stuff look weird at times.
If you are talking about how the collar part or top part of the jacket spreads out, I believe it might be due to the way he is standing with his hands on his pockets.
Or it might be the pic angle as well.

50% off select suits at BB: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=574&CMP=EMC-083009d

thank god infamousod didnt give me the interview
laugh.gif

its the picture actually but I took the suit back the next day ... I rather use the 250$ i spent on that and get a suit from thick as thieves for my birthday

I know they only advertise what they sell in the store, but the outfit on the left would be 10000x better with a belt and slim tie.
uniqlomain.jpg

dang all you dress like old men. i like to wear Jordans with some 7's jeans and a nice shirt like LRg or something.

We were all in that stage too when we were 16. You're gonna want to actually look nice too one day. What kind of jeans are those in the greyish lookingdesert boot ad RFX? Was that uniqlo too?

Originally Posted by Dnigo

dang all you dress like old men. i like to wear Jordans with some 7's jeans and a nice shirt like LRg or something.
You'll grow out of it (hopefully). I wore nothing but J's and Nike's until my 3rd year in college. At that point, I really looked atmyself and realized that if I walked with a crowd of high school kid, you wouldn't be able to tell us apart.

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

What kind of jeans are those in the greyish looking desert boot ad RFX? Was that uniqlo too?

The ad were from DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN A/W 09 COLLECTION. Just saw the pic and it looks cool, no idea where to get that article of clothing.
If i had to guess though, it is just a fitted dark slate chinos that J Crew or GAP/BR may carry.
It won't be as fitted but color-wise, it'll be pretty close.

Got the W&H jacket on the right on pre-order.
Still thinking about the grey one but I'm not sure yet if I want to pull the trigger on it as well.
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-24.jpg

Will probably pull the trigger on this one though.
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-18.jpg

I posted this a couple times already but its been about 3 weeks since I orderd the Claes on Gilt & no sign of it being shipped yet. Is everyone else likethis? I'll probably call tomorrow if they don't end up shipping by then

If you ordered after the re-stock, then chances are they knew more pairs were coming in and allowed people to order.
When you call, ask if they can waive the shipping for making you wait.
They are usually good when it comes to customer service.
Good luck.

my boots came in today. quick pictures cause I'm in the middle of writing a paper.
They're a darker brown than I thought, exact same as my clark DBs. and it came in a Chippewa box (which is the coolest box i've ever seen) so I thoughtthey sent the wrong shoes. anyway I'm happy with them I'll wear them tomorrow to see how after a full day of walking around campus feels.
Ignore my dusty room
fuz5ec.jpg

14ljaq8.jpg

Got the W&H jacket on the right on pre-order.
Still thinking about the grey one but I'm not sure yet if I want to pull the trigger on it as well.
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-24.jpg

Will probably pull the trigger on this one though.
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-18.jpg
How much is that grey one on the left? and where can I find it online?

Back
Top Bottom