Dressing better

You're twisting this man's words around though. He's just saying that it's not likely to see someone in their early 20's dressed moresophisticated.

Originally Posted by JordannKobe1133

You're twisting this man's words around though. He's just saying that it's not likely to see someone in their early 20's dressed more sophisticated.

i said i understand him. i think it seems like i was arguing on my previous post but im not. my bad

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by specialk619

I posted this a couple times already but its been about 3 weeks since I orderd the Claes on Gilt & no sign of it being shipped yet. Is everyone else like this? I'll probably call tomorrow if they don't end up shipping by then
Yea same here, Did they charge your credit card yet I cant remember the password to my online banking thing so I cant check but I've been buying textbooks so I'm not sure If they've taken the money out for the shoes yet.

I called today. They said they "should" be here within the next 2 days. Even though it says they haven't been shipped yet on their site...

I know this is in the Streetwear thread too. Wings + Horns fall '09
wings-horns-fall-winter-2009-collection-25.jpg

3sixteen Autumn 2009 lookbook
3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-11.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-03.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-10.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-09.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-04.jpg

3sixteen-fall-2009-menswear-02.jpg

I think some people maybe confused with what people define as streetwear.
Streetwear doesn't have to be all about jeans and tees, the definition is subjective.
I've always seen streetwear as almost anything non-business or non-formal, again, that's just me.
I see boots, chinos, sport shirts, sweaters, ties, etc... as part of streetwear along with jeans, sneakers and tees and as you guys could see in this thread,almost all aspect are covered.
It's about finding the middle ground where you can be comfortable and see yourself as how you want to present yourself.
Of course, this thread tends to stay away from more sport casual side, ie: Jordans/Nike's with fitteds and tees and focus more on classic styles and fit(as in how clothes fit, not "outfit").
Generally, wearing jeans and tees needs no advice, so it's not really ignored because it is bad per say, but people are more familiar with it and lesspeople need advice on it.

RFX45 wrote:
I see boots, chinos, sport shirts, sweaters, ties, etc... as part of streetwear along with jeans, sneakers and tees and as you guys could see in this thread, almost all aspect are covered.
It's about finding the middle ground where you can be comfortable and see yourself as how you want to present yourself.
Of course, this thread tends to stay away from more sport casual side, ie: Jordans/Nike's with fitteds and tees and focus more on classic styles and fit (as in how clothes fit, not "outfit").
Generally, wearing jeans and tees needs no advice, so it's not really ignored because it is bad per say, but people are more familiar with it and less people need advice on it.
gotcha.

RFX some of my sleeves of my sweaters are too long so i just fold the cuffs back...is that considered sloppy? i would go get them tailored but im a brokecollege student right now haha. some people wouldnt find a big problem with my sleeves but i absolutely hate ANY "bunching"

Yea, Zara's dope, one of my favorite brands. I used to go there weekly...

I started simplifying my wardrobe though, quality over quantity.

I think wj4's relating it to perception, but your style changes/evolves with your situation.

That is a tough call. It could look sloppy if it is obvious you are folding the cuffs.
Maybe fold it inside instead of outside? Or just roll/pull it up to your elbows?
It could still be a clean look without becoming too sloppy.

uniqlofall1.jpg

I will be purchasing this when it releases ... but in the mean time I will get the jean shirt i purchsed last year tailored ...
I love this new look for the jean shirt, I seen it on the Sartorialist recently .....

1z57k10.png

Does UNIQLO have an online store? or maybe plans to have one? Hell, maybe plans to open another location outside of NYC
smh.gif
?

You can call the NYC flagship and ship it to your house, but as of now, no online store.

info on some slim chinos? Ive seen a few but I'm hoping I can find for cheaper..Some plain button down shirts would be nice too.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

info on some slim chinos? Ive seen a few but I'm hoping I can find for cheaper..Some plain button down shirts would be nice too.
If you have a J. Crew outlet near you, check that out. There were quite a few pair at the outlet by me on clearance for less than $20

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Zara is where it's at, especially during the clearance clearance sale
I'll only agree with that statement. Sometimes the quality on some items are subpar.

can anyone recommend a nice above the ankle boot, but without a thick sole.... Thanks

looking to wear while riding a motorcycle but still able to walk into somewhere with no problem, so i'm really looking for quality......

Originally Posted by you right

can anyone recommend a nice above the ankle boot, but without a thick sole.... Thanks

looking to wear while riding a motorcycle but still able to walk into somewhere with no problem, so i'm really looking for quality......

Get Wolverine's 1000 Mile Boots.
http://shoes.papashoe.com/Items/psw...sws_w05299&caTitle=Mens WOLVERINE 1000 MILE 6"%20Rugged%20Casual%20Leather%20Boots.
I heard you get a 10% off coupon by signing up on the website as well.
That is a good deal for those boots considering it is supposed to be on limited run and other websites will be selling them for $200+.

PSWS_W05300.jpg
PSWS_W05299.jpg

If that doesn't suit you, check out Frye, they have plenty of nice looking boots that will work well with riding a motorcycle.

I hit up gilt today, order still hasn't been shipped & they might not even get mine in, but they waived my shipping if it does. They also saidthey'd give me 25 dollars worth of credit if they never get the claes in. The customer service is on point with Gilt even though I may not even get myorder.

Mine were shipped today..

Also got $25 x 2 for gilt referrals.. Guessing it was someone in this thread seeing as I only posted my invite link here. Thanks.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can someone recommend a place I can get jeans hemmed in NYC? I want it to look as original as possible.

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Can someone recommend a place I can get jeans hemmed in NYC? I want it to look as original as possible.

don't know anyone in NYC, but if you find a skilled tailor the way I've seen jeans hemmed is by removing the original string on the hem, making the cutand restringing the hem by hand. a fast tailor can do it in half an hour. most expert tailors aren't that fast though and will probably charge anhour's worth of work.

Got a pair of Beeswax Clarks Desert Boots a few months ago--they're getting pretty worn in. Do you guys recommend treating them (mink oil) or keep them allnatural? I really don't know much about keeping boots maintained, do beeswax desert boots typically need to be treated?

Back
Top Bottom