Dressing better

Funny note about the Desert Boots I recently purchased. Leaving work, a female coworker complimented the shoes adding that they match better with the way Idress, rather than my normal Nike runners. I usually have on a pair of AM1s, Structures, or something similar. My shoe rack has been mutating recently with aninflux of shoes and an outflux (I know that's not a word) of sneakers. Today, 6 pairs of sneakers went to goodwill.

I'll stick with a few runners, 3 or 4 basketball kicks, and the rest shoes.

anybody use a garment steamer instead of an iron? Any brand/model recommendations? I absolutely hate wrinkles on dress shirts

got 2 brooks brothers polos for $76
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Funny note about the Desert Boots I recently purchased. Leaving work, a female coworker complimented the shoes adding that they match better with the way I dress, rather than my normal Nike runners. I usually have on a pair of AM1s, Structures, or something similar. My shoe rack has been mutating recently with an influx of shoes and an outflux (I know that's not a word) of sneakers. Today, 6 pairs of sneakers went to goodwill.

I'll stick with a few runners, 3 or 4 basketball kicks, and the rest shoes.

My goal this semester was to wear a different pair of sneakers everyday to class around 30+ that are DS.. After this, 90% of my collect will be hitting thebuy/sell forum. And only things i'll keep are runners, casual, boots, and a few hoop shoes.

are those for men? the destroyed stockings threw me off
and i really think i've seen that in a teen vogue mag.

W+H makes great Thermals.

I'm pissed Gap is soldout of these Gingham Shirts I want.

Originally Posted by frankl1001

anybody use a garment steamer instead of an iron? Any brand/model recommendations? I absolutely hate wrinkles on dress shirts

I got a Tobi
Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

W+H makes great Thermals.

I'm pissed Gap is soldout of these Gingham Shirts I want.

It's more expensive, but I like the one at Club Monaco. I think they were giving a 20% discount if you show your student card, dunno if that promo stillgoing though.

If you wanted a more rugged looking gingham, H&M had one, their quality is whatever though.

Also brooks brothers just opened in Toronto but that's even more pricey.
Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

what are some good fitted thermals?

I buy the $5 ones from Wal-Mart lol, fits me nice though.

A few weeks ago, I started looking around for a winter coat. I posted the one I found in this thread, but no one really knows about the site/company.Metrosexualo.com...........yea, I know.

I saw some knockoff Nudies there, but that didn't deter me tonight from ordering the coat I've had my eyes on. I read on SF (one comment) about thequality being comparable to the Gap. For $186 shipped, I hope I'm satisfied. I'll do my own tests and inspection.

Pic:
It looks warm
laugh.gif
. If not, and is still decnet quality, I don'tmind layering. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Cold weather is fast approaching and I'm excited.

I have a Nom de Guerre deck hoody coming in soon
pimp.gif
Got it off SF for the low.

I've been wanting this hoody since I first saw pics of it in 07
laugh.gif

^ those are actual men's shoes??

look like a medieval torture tool you'd use to kick some enemy in the nuts with. seriously fugly but to each their own

for the guy going to the dental interview ... here are some shirt tie ideas to go with your suit. from my monitor it looks like a greyish suit?

good luck.

Originally Posted by uniquepair

Originally Posted by RFX45

Get the LL Bean Katahdin, great boots for $160.
It can't be any bulkier than those Timbs so it is a good choice for what you are looking for.
dsc2124az8.jpg

Hey rfx after doing some research i found these were originally made for civil engineers and that's my major
laugh.gif

only problem I came across are that these are not waterproof. I don't know if i could pull these off also. It's big jump from my regular style of jordans and nikeboots (then again this thread is about dressing better).

How can i pull these off in the fall/winter nights( daytime ill just throw on a tee or button down). What kind of coat goes with these(also planning on picking up a peacoat this season). I already have this utility military jacket i picked up from h&m 2yrs ago for $80(love the jacket btw). Will that work?

It's not? I've read several reports of the shoes being worn in snow with no problem. I would just add sno-seal or something to it and I think it'llbe good for almost anything you will use it on.

Also, some new Alden Indy's.
They have ninjahood sized pics so here's the link instead:
http://blog.leffot.com/20...9/three-little-indy-ans/ .
PJ3nf.jpg

Kudu Ultimate Indy
kindy1.jpg
kindy3.jpg

Looks great when it gets some wear on it.
82446447.jpg

39347671.jpg

Alden plain-toe flex boot
pbb1.jpg
pbb2.jpg

Supposed to be early or mid October I believe.
Not sure though as there aren't any Uniqlo in my area.

Just checked out the Jil Sander online store and...

I understand high-fashion and the premium placed on the name but...who are they playing? $145 for a blank t-shirt?

Someone will buy it, I mean a Balmain tee cost around $550 and ever since Kanye mentioned it being one of his essential 10's people have been all over it.
Armani came out with a $1,650 plain tee as well so to some people who has money to throw, $145 is a bargain. Sad but true.

I just checked that mens.style.com article... unbelievable. I guess if I was dropping $450 on a blank grey tshirt, I'd act like my #!@* didn't stinkeither.
laugh.gif

edit: did more research on that Balmain tee and it's actually $1500. lol.

Back
Top Bottom