Dressing better

I'm very tempted to hop on that Tobi sale. Dry Coated Slim Jims for $135 ain't too shabby.

Ohh, those Clarks DBs, info. needed.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by omgitswes

That's for Tobi.

does this work on jeans?
Some of them

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offer ends Wednesday 9/30/09 11:59pm PST. Excludes items already on sale, and all merchandise from A.P.C., Alexander Wang, Anthony Logistics for Men, Comme des Garcons, Converse, Hudson Jeans, Nixon, T by Alexander Wang, and Robin's Jeans. No minimum purchase necessary. Not valid on previous purchases and cannot be combined with other coupons or price matching.

[/font]

Does anyone have any info on these or experience....

vasque sundowners

Man shopping for the perfect pair of boots is tough on online
laugh.gif

Hopefully i can narrow down my choices this weekend when i have time to go out and shop. I'll hate to order a pair online and the fit is not right.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Get the LL Bean Katahdin, great boots for $160.
It can't be any bulkier than those Timbs so it is a good choice for what you are looking for.
dsc2124az8.jpg

Hey rfx after doing some research i found these were originally made for civil engineers and that's my major
laugh.gif

only problem I came across are that these are not waterproof. I don't know if i could pull these off also. It's big jump from my regular style ofjordans and nikeboots (then again this thread is about dressing better).

How can i pull these off in the fall/winter nights( daytime ill just throw on a tee or button down). What kind of coat goes with these(also planning on pickingup a peacoat this season). I already have this utility military jacket i picked up from h&m 2yrs ago for $80(love the jacket btw). Will that work?

I am really wanting to get some Desert Boots. I have my eye on the ones on AE for starters. I dont know how I could pull them off though. Would there be adifference in what I wear with them if I get a light brown as opposed to a dark brown? How are they with khakis? Help would be GREATLY appreciated. im tryingto pull the trigger on them before they are gone

Nice Ty... Very similar to how I rock my boots, especially DBs. Pair those wheat deals with a nice "natural" leather belt and I'd be good.

But do you guys really need advice on "pulling off" boots though? Button ups, sweatshirts, sweaters, blazers. I think most boots go with aboutanything.l'd just refer to Ty/RFX/WJ4s pictures on how exactly to wear them. Personally I look to late 40's/50's pictures/movies for inspiration(desert boot/engineer boots especially), but that is my personal style, for sure not for everyone.

Personally I look to late 40's/50's pictures/movies for inspiration (desert boot/engineer boots especially), but that is my personal style, for sure not for everyone.
That's cool, man. You can still pull it off as long as the articles fit you properly. I met a girl at Barnes And Noble yesterday who'sinto that. She's into fashion from the early to mid 1900's, but she put her own twist to it. Ironically that I met her in the fashion department ofthe bookstore.
laugh.gif
I bought the a book on Chanel for leisure reading. The synopsis caught my attention....an orphan who made it big and paid off herbrothers to stay out of her life.

I think the beauty of the DB is that it's a very versatile pair of shoes. From t shirt and jeans to a suit, it can work.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but another interesting fact. Brooks Brothers stopped making black suits for ~100 years because it was said thatLincoln got assassinated while wearing a black BB suit. They only started making them again in 1998.

Needing some help please..... I bought two cardigan sweaters today and i was wonderin what is the best thing to wear underneath??? Thanks.......

Originally Posted by VIOLET24

those j crew boots posted a few pages back are quite lovely.

love these.
smile.gif
pimp.gif
but the old lamb skin ones with the white chanel logo isbetter. I tried to lace up lady up with chanel, but for some reason she doesn't really like chanel.

^ I mean I am hesitant to post "fit pictures" in here only because I wouldn't call my style dressing "better" persay. But as I assumeand have seen, many of us came from the urban/streetwear/sneakerhead spectrum of things and I think looking towards classic americana is at least a step in theright direction. Part of it is the history degree nerd in me, but I've always respected the era when you were looked down on just for leaving the housewith out a proper hat on.

But honestly I think everyone can learn from classic American style. Granted I put a "twist" to what I wear because I wear it with more of a modernfit, but I still feel like my father/grandfather probably has already done what I am trying to, and better.

I appreciate the BB fact though. I get that way with denim. The fact that Elvis wore wrangler generally, Brando/Dean wore 501s in The Wild One/Rebel without acause, and JC Penny denim jackets were classic rock-a-billy style certainly adds to the appeal in my book.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

^ I mean I am hesitant to post "fit pictures" in here only because I wouldn't call my style dressing "better" persay. But as I assume and have seen, many of us came from the urban/streetwear/sneakerhead spectrum of things and I think looking towards classic americana is at least a step in the right direction. Part of it is the history degree nerd in me, but I've always respected the era when you were looked down on just for leaving the house with out a proper hat on.

But honestly I think everyone can learn from classic American style. Granted I put a "twist" to what I wear because I wear it with more of a modern fit, but I still feel like my father/grandfather probably has already done what I am trying to, and better.

I appreciate the BB fact though. I get that way with denim. The fact that Elvis wore wrangler generally, Brando/Dean wore 501s in The Wild One/Rebel without a cause, and JC Penny denim jackets were classic rock-a-billy style certainly adds to the appeal in my book.
What's 'better' though? You can go through all the pages and compare pix of those who post up, ie Niidawg, RFX, Jkissi, etc. andit's obvious they put their own twist into it. This is how you make it yourself..be it that you want to button every single button on that dress shirt, orroll the sleeves up above the elbow, or whatever.

Back in middle school for graduation, my step dad told me that there's nothing better a guy can wear than a good suit. At that time I thought he was crazybecause he was an old tymer since Fubu was the in thing then. Now about 10 years later, I couldn't agree more with him.

You just gotta be aware for the 'haters'...as much as I hate using that word. Since dressing like this, you will stand out from the norm. Andwhatever stands out will catch attention, both good and bad.

Mindless rap for tonight..bore before bed time.
laugh.gif

Is JCrew.com the cheapest place I can get some quality sweaters? I want to cop a nice fleet, cardigan and crewneck but im not trying to spend more than $40 foreach.

Originally Posted by 1focusedfemale

Needing some help please..... I bought two cardigan sweaters today and i was wonderin what is the best thing to wear underneath??? Thanks.......
It depends on the style you want. Some people wear t shirts and v necks under a cardigan for a more casual look. Personally when I wear acardigan, it's with a dress shirt and tie because my style is more of a clean cut/preppy AKA I go get the early bird special dinner at Denny's look.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Just got these in today from that AE sale. For the price I paid.. i think it came out to $27 per pair I'm loving them. Although they are a bit smaller than I was hoping for. After getting my true size on a pair of DB's awhile back (there huge on me) I decided to size down on these to a 9 (I usually wear a 10 in Nikes/Shoes and a 10.5 in air maxs) & I can't wear these with regular socks. Although with dress socks there a bit more comfy. I just feel a size up to a 10 would be too big in these. Too bad they didn't make half sizes.

these are from American Eagle!?

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

I don't have a Macy's, Nordstroms, Sak's, or any big store around me.

I have Banana Republic, Express, Old Navy, Gap, J Crew, and other various stores.

I saw this site a while ago http://www.martinandosa.c...gory.jsp?catId=cat180037

Where can I find sport shirts like those around 30 dollars?

I know the nicer ones cost 50+ but what stores usually has sales.

First store ill probably hit up is Banana Republic.
Since you linked to M+O's site, you can try to visit their sister's store..American Eagle. M+O's is just the more expensive versionof the store (quality is probably better by a bit too).

Originally Posted by big mike 13

rfx.. do you have pics of this fold and stitch? i actually bout the same pair in 2 diff sizes and the sizing consistency was totally off, one was way too big and way too tight, ended up returning both.

As promised, pic of my fold and stitch strategy. I just folded it in a angle and then stitched it to make the waist smaller.
stitch10.jpg

I also went ahead and bought 3 more Levis 511 Trousers, these are much more different than the ones from PacSun though.
While the one in PacSun had denim material, these are actually chino material, much lighter and thinner. If they made the exact same pants in khaki color andmake the back pokctes hidden, it will be a perfect pair of chinos, fitwise.
613.jpg

I might get the black ones exchanged for this one though. Not sure yet.
pLEVI1-6054925t500x607.jpg

Need some quick recommendations

I am trying to get into Dental School and have landed a couple interviews. What shirt/tie combo and shoes would work with this suit. (Actual suit seems a bitdarker kinda brown/cafe colored, hard to get the color when the flash is used)

3964544459_af986c3cb2.jpg

3964548187_20a382a9a4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom