Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by big mike 13

rfx.. do you have pics of this fold and stitch? i actually bout the same pair in 2 diff sizes and the sizing consistency was totally off, one was way too big and way too tight, ended up returning both.

As promised, pic of my fold and stitch strategy. I just folded it in a angle and then stitched it to make the waist smaller.
stitch10.jpg

I also went ahead and bought 3 more Levis 511 Trousers, these are much more different than the ones from PacSun though.
While the one in PacSun had denim material, these are actually chino material, much lighter and thinner. If they made the exact same pants in khaki color and make the back pokctes hidden, it will be a perfect pair of chinos, fitwise.
613.jpg

I might get the black ones exchanged for this one though. Not sure yet.
pLEVI1-6054925t500x607.jpg
Where did you get them from?

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Just got these in today from that AE sale. For the price I paid.. i think it came out to $27 per pair I'm loving them. Although they are a bit smaller than I was hoping for. After getting my true size on a pair of DB's awhile back (there huge on me) I decided to size down on these to a 9 (I usually wear a 10 in Nikes/Shoes and a 10.5 in air maxs) & I can't wear these with regular socks. Although with dress socks there a bit more comfy. I just feel a size up to a 10 would be too big in these. Too bad they didn't make half sizes.

these are from American Eagle!?

yes sir, seen them on AE.com a while ago

eeibaby, got them from levis.com, currently $40 each and I took advantage of the $20 off $100 purchase deal last weekend.
They are 511's though so keep that in mind when it comes to sizing.

I'll post fit pics when there are natural light when I get home or over the weekend.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Need some quick recommendations

I am trying to get into Dental School and have landed a couple interviews. What shirt/tie combo and shoes would work with this suit. (Actual suit seems a bit darker kinda brown/cafe colored, hard to get the color when the flash is used)

3964544459_af986c3cb2.jpg
3964548187_20a382a9a4.jpg

Brown shoes, either something much darker than the suit or a little lighter, like tan. I'd imagine a darker brown will work better.
The shade of brown is too difficult to determine so I'd give the white shirt and navy tie suggestion.
laugh.gif
Yes, again.
A light colored shirt, nothing shiny or shirts with sheen, will work too with a dark tie.

i recently bought all white prada americas cup and i have no idea what to wear it with or what colors go together does anybody have any suggestions? thanks

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Need some quick recommendations

I am trying to get into Dental School and have landed a couple interviews. What shirt/tie combo and shoes would work with this suit. (Actual suit seems a bit darker kinda brown/cafe colored, hard to get the color when the flash is used)

3964544459_af986c3cb2.jpg
3964548187_20a382a9a4.jpg

Brown shoes, either something much darker than the suit or a little lighter, like tan. I'd imagine a darker brown will work better.
The shade of brown is too difficult to determine so I'd give the white shirt and navy tie suggestion.
laugh.gif
Yes, again.
A light colored shirt, nothing shiny or shirts with sheen, will work too with a dark tie.

So I guess a light blue shirt with no patterns and a navy tie (skinny or normal)?

Just trying to get some suggestions, thanks for your help btw.

Hey sole searchin, I think I ran across you in a chat a few weeks ago. I, too, am aiming for dental school. Congrats on landing the interviews and best of luckmy dude. For the suit, I think I might know what color it is, despite the flash. With that, I think a white shirt + grey tie combo would be nice. Iwouldn't wear a brown tie, that would just be boring.

As far as tie widths go, how does the suit fit you? Is it a more modern fit or traditional?

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Just got these in today from that AE sale. For the price I paid.. i think it came out to $27 per pair I'm loving them. Although they are a bit smaller than I was hoping for. After getting my true size on a pair of DB's awhile back (there huge on me) I decided to size down on these to a 9 (I usually wear a 10 in Nikes/Shoes and a 10.5 in air maxs) & I can't wear these with regular socks. Although with dress socks there a bit more comfy. I just feel a size up to a 10 would be too big in these. Too bad they didn't make half sizes.

these are from American Eagle!?

yes sir, seen them on AE.com a while ago
Yea there from AE
Wore one of them today. Can't go wrong for the sale price, pretty comfortable too just hoping this right pair stretches a bit
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Hey sole searchin, I think I ran across you in a chat a few weeks ago. I, too, am aiming for dental school. Congrats on landing the interviews and best of luck my dude. For the suit, I think I might know what color it is, despite the flash. With that, I think a white shirt + grey tie combo would be nice. I wouldn't wear a brown tie, that would just be boring.

As far as tie widths go, how does the suit fit you? Is it a more modern fit or traditional?
Wow, was it from a SDN chat? If so, I've only been in the chatroom once, but you may have saw me. Random. Any luck on interviews?

Yeah, it's more of a modern fitting suit but I'm not really a slim dude, more of an athletic built guy so broad shoulders and all (big thighs, calves,etc) but still a W30 and the suit jacket was a 38R I believe.

No skinny ties, just slim. About 2"-2.5" in the widest points would be my suggestions.
Originally Posted by rcdp

RFX is there anything a white shirt and navy tie NOT look good with?
laugh.gif
Probably nothing, it goes with jeans, slacks, chinos, suits, etc... It's a staple every man should have, as long as the fit is right.
happy.gif

Nah, not SDN, it was NT or @+*$, probably NT. I'm still undergrad with 2 years to go for my bachelors, so I'm not in the realm of applications andhopefully interviews following.

The Clarks Weaver
COFH4SD-01.jpg

COFH4BN-01.jpg

Any info on any US retailers stocking these? been looking for these some time now...only came up with UK stores carrying these. Anyone?

Any recommendations on a nice pair of rubber soled black leather shoes? As a real estate agent I wear a suit daily but do a lot of walking so I need somethingthat looks really nice with a suit but is still very comfortable. Thanks.

You need to add a price range.
Also, you can get any leather soled shoes toppied or have a layer of rubber applied to the sole for more comfort.

Kind of on a budget so maybe $200. My feet are killing me after wearing my Bruno Magli boots all day.
These are my all time favorites but I cant spend $500 right now.
0434016573898R_300x400.jpg

Any ideas? Thanks.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Kind of on a budget so maybe $200. My feet are killing me after wearing my Bruno Magli boots all day.
These are my all time favorites but I cant spend $500 right now.
0434016573898R_300x400.jpg

Any ideas? Thanks.
I like the shoe, not really feeling the patent leather though..

What kinda long sleeve shirts are you fellas gonna be rocking for the fall/winter? long sleeve v-necks? rugby's? button ups? flannel?

My usual white crisp shirt with navy tie of course.

I'll try and get some gingham though, maybe from Jump the Gun if they ever restock.
I heard their shirts are real tight in the body so that it doesn't bunch up when tucked in.

At this time though, I already have plenty of shirts and I usually just buy what attracts my eye when shopping.
Maybe when BoO goes on sale I'll snatch up 2-3 more shirts but other than that, not much planned for fall/winter in the shirt category for me.

Not patent, polished leather. I want to cop a denim shirt like my man Robert Geller's for Levis and rock it under my leather for the fall.
6a00d83420b8e253ef0120a59fca7b970c-800wi

Back
Top Bottom