Dressing better

Oh yeah quick question to RFX about the Levis 511

Would you say it'd stretch in the waist area?

Yes, it will stretch out in the waist area. Wearing a belt may help make the stretching minimal.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

nano-universe-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

What is the name of the green color? Those are ridiculous.
I believe those are the loden suede.

Clarks?

I need those 2 inbetween the green and sand colored ones.

The anniversary edition I got was $115. Whats retail for regulat?

I tried on the Photographer pants today in Express. They fit VERY well, but are they only for more dressy days? With the material used, I cant see myselfwearing them with desert boots and a flannel or something. It looks like a pair of pants to wear with dress shirts and whatnot.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

Anyone here owns Sperry Chukka Boots? I think these are the closest thing to sneakers I can work with now. Not bad at $70 a pair IMO.

I like the Speryy Chukkas but not those pictured.
I like the regular versions without the thick mid-sole and they often go on sale for $40-$50 if you can wait.
134090_48.jpg
134090_66.jpg
Guess i'll be waiting LOL

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

I definitely suggest Nordstrom Rack or mall brands like Banana Republic or J. Crew.
Banana Republic is having 40% off sales every wednesday for this whole month so check the store out next week, you might be able to find a bargain.
Check out the BR websites selection: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=32658

anyone have the BR wool toggle coat or trenchcoat? opinions on either? especially if you either have one of them or have seen them in person...

thanks,
waystinthyme
I plan on buying the toggle on Wednesday with the 40% off. It'll probably end up costing $275ish, but I haven't see a good toggle forthat cheap

So here's a question. Say you buy some pants from a store (cough H&M cough...) and you wear them once and they stretch out big time (not jeans), do youthink it's reasonable to return them?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

nano-universe-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

What is the name of the green color? Those are ridiculous.
I need every single one of those.
laugh.gif

Where can you buy the green suede ones at?
nerd.gif

Dropped by a Polo Outlet this past weekend and picked up four Pima Cotton V-Neck sweaters that look like this, Navy, Light Blue, Black, and Grey:

pPOLO2-6431139_alternate1_v330.jpg
pPOLO2-6715887_standard_v330.jpg
pPOLO2-5757307_standard_v330.jpg
pPOLO2-6431134_standard_v330.jpg

Also got two button ups as well. I need to get a digital camera though so I can post some pics.

Originally Posted by rcdp

I definitely suggest Nordstrom Rack or mall brands like Banana Republic or J. Crew.
Banana Republic is having 40% off sales every wednesday for this whole month so check the store out next week, you might be able to find a bargain.
Check out the BR websites selection: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=32658

anyone have the BR wool toggle coat or trenchcoat? opinions on either? especially if you either have one of them or have seen them in person...

thanks,
waystinthyme
I plan on buying the toggle on Wednesday with the 40% off. It'll probably end up costing $275ish, but I haven't see a good toggle for that cheap

that's exactly what i was planning on doing as well...i saw this dude with one on last night (no ayo, not sure if it was the BR one or not) and it lookedreally good. have you seen it in person yet? does it seem like it's made pretty well? i may just go check it out tomorrow or tuesday, so i have a day ortwo to decide if i want to purchase during the sale on wednesday.

EDIT: are you going to get the black one or the brown one? i think i'm gonna get the brown one, because i already have a black peacoat...and 40%off brings it down to around $210 + tax, so it won't be quite $275...more like $225.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Vancity74

So here's a question. Say you buy some pants from a store (cough H&M cough...) and you wear them once and they stretch out big time (not jeans), do you think it's reasonable to return them?
I would. My non jean pants don't stretch out at all. I would exchange them for a smaller size.

Originally Posted by rcdp

thanks,
waystinthyme
I plan on buying the toggle on Wednesday with the 40% off. It'll probably end up costing $275ish, but I haven't see a good toggle for that cheap

that's exactly what i was planning on doing as well...i saw this dude with one on last night (no ayo, not sure if it was the BR one or not) and it looked really good. have you seen it in person yet? does it seem like it's made pretty well? i may just go check it out tomorrow or tuesday, so i have a day or two to decide if i want to purchase during the sale on wednesday.

EDIT: are you going to get the black one or the brown one? i think i'm gonna get the brown one, because i already have a black peacoat...and 40% off brings it down to around $210 + tax, so it won't be quite $275...more like $225.

-waystinthyme

Yea, I've seen it in person. It's a nice quality coat, esp at the price point. I've yet to see a Toggle with tan buttons for under $600 so the40% off is just icing on the cake. I'm gunna get the brown one, the model on the site sells it well
laugh.gif

Yea you were right, it'll cost me $232 and some change after tax

Originally Posted by awon23

anybody know of any good tailors in the OC/LA area?
Are you for real? L.A. is a VERY big area. There are thousands of reputable tailors, at the very least.

I'm sure you can find at least 5 good tailor spots within a 5 mile radius. Almost any dry cleaner offer tailoring services.

i really want those sperry chukkas, but for half the price, i might have to get these American Eagles instead...
0211_4676_207.jpg

Originally Posted by TheTim11

Originally Posted by wj4

Anyone here owns Sperry Chukka Boots? I think these are the closest thing to sneakers I can work with now. Not bad at $70 a pair IMO.

I like the Speryy Chukkas but not those pictured.
I like the regular versions without the thick mid-sole and they often go on sale for $40-$50 if you can wait.
134090_48.jpg
134090_66.jpg
Guess i'll be waiting LOL
Where can I buy these? Oh yeah, and how they fit? Do I have to go up half a size like on clarks desert boots?

When it comes to casual shoes...they always run smaller. I wear a 9-9.5 in sneakers, and none of my casual shoes are beyond a 8.5.

I don't know what they're talking about, both Sperry's and Clarks (wallabees at least) fit TTS. I guess it would be better to try them on beforepurchasing.

Also, does anyone have any input on which solid color scarf would be the most versatile color wise? I can't decide between dark gray, light gray or red.

I'd say dark grey would be the most versatile.
That was going to be my answer even before I read the choices.

Originally Posted by SDS45

I don't know what they're talking about, both Sperry's and Clarks (wallabees at least) fit TTS. I guess it would be better to try them on before purchasing.

Also, does anyone have any input on which solid color scarf would be the most versatile color wise? I can't decide between dark gray, light gray or red.
I had to go down one full size in all 4 pairs of Clarks DB's and Sperry's boat shoes.

Most versatile would be gray...light or dark would work. Personally I would go with a lighter shade though, like heather, if I can only pick one.

Back
Top Bottom