Dressing better

NT,
I didn't want to make a new thread, so I figured I would ask in here...

Tommorrow night, I'm going to an information session for a full time MBA program I'm interested in. I think a suit would be too much; I think businesscasual would be appropiate. What do you think of wearing brown leather sperry boatshoes? Is that considered business casual or is that too casual? Let me know what you think

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by RFX45

Fred Perry? I've been off polos for a while but Fred Perry seems to be well made and fits well.
The only polo I wear now are made by Marc Jacobs, fits well, not too long like RL and not baggy/wide like Lacoste.
Ben Sherman also makes some nice polos, not much solid colors for selection though.

How do the MJ polo's fit? Are the regular or on the slim side?

I wouldn't say it's slim since it doesn't really taper but I'd say it is small overall. It also has shorter sleeves so if you don't want toshow off your guns, then it might not be for you.

mrfrosty, I wouldn't consider boat shoes as business casual at all, way too casual for sure. Go with a regular leather loafer instead of boat shoes.

where can i find this NorthFace jacket? i couldn't find it on the site, but it's the hardest one they make.

northface.bmp

you guys ever hit up Heritage 1981? stuff is AMAZINGLY cheap...last weekend was my first purchase...hopefully the quality is alright...?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

you guys ever hit up Heritage 1981? stuff is AMAZINGLY cheap...last weekend was my first purchase...hopefully the quality is alright...?
Quality is TERRIBLE man.

Originally Posted by mrfrosty90

NT,
I didn't want to make a new thread, so I figured I would ask in here...

Tommorrow night, I'm going to an information session for a full time MBA program I'm interested in. I think a suit would be too much; I think business casual would be appropiate. What do you think of wearing brown leather sperry boatshoes? Is that considered business casual or is that too casual? Let me know what you think

Personally, I think boat shoes are way too casual. Then again, it's only an information session.

Boat shoes are way too casual, think about it they're literally designed to be worn on boats. Wear lace ups.

StaXX wrote:

Quality is TERRIBLE man.

Gonna have to disagree. When you look at what else you could get for a similar price, Heritage 1981 is a great option. It's cheaper or around the sameprice points as H&M, Gap, Old Navy etc., but I think it beats every one of them in terms of quality and durability. Still rocking a lined hoody I boughtthere last year.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Quality is TERRIBLE man.

Gonna have to disagree. When you look at what else you could get for a similar price, Heritage 1981 is a great option. It's cheaper or around the same price points as H&M, Gap, Old Navy etc., but I think it beats every one of them in terms of quality and durability. Still rocking a lined hoody I bought there last year.
pimp.gif

persia is on point the quality is on par with gap in my opinion and way cheaper i mean its not like were lil kids and gonna be playing in the sandwith a button up or hoody on

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Quality is TERRIBLE man.

Gonna have to disagree. When you look at what else you could get for a similar price, Heritage 1981 is a great option. It's cheaper or around the same price points as H&M, Gap, Old Navy etc., but I think it beats every one of them in terms of quality and durability. Still rocking a lined hoody I bought there last year.
pimp.gif

Jackets and sweaters from Heritage might be ok quality but their shirts are the worst quality out of all the brands you listed.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Quality is TERRIBLE man.

pimp.gif
Jackets and sweaters from Heritage might be ok quality but their shirts are the worst quality out of all the brands you listed.

I have never actually purchased a shirt from Heritage but I have a very hard time believing that their shirts are worse than Old Navy and Gap. At the veryleast, the fit is far better than the square tents that Old Navy and Gap sells.

Jump The Gun (from UK) Sta Prest Trouser and Gingham shirt finally arrived.
Also in the pic, Fred Perry Bomber and Ben Sherman trousers from NM Last Call.
jtg_110.jpg
fred_p11.jpg

The JTG shirt fits real well, slim and even tapers from top to bottom. Trousers are a bit wide in the thigh but their not meant to be skin tight so I guessit'll do as it is difficult to find any dress pants that fit like these OTR.
jtg_211.jpg

The Ben Sherman trousers on the other hand, albeit slimmer, looks much better with it's low rise contruction.
ben_sh10.jpg

Also, a quick Bday fit from last week in Vegas.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

where can i find this NorthFace jacket? i couldn't find it on the site, but it's the hardest one they make.

northface.bmp
it's the buckeye bomber. last year's model. might be hard to find now....

nice fits RFX ... if there is only one quibble i have about your fits, its that you dont wear the clothes ... the clothes wear you.

wear those kick a.s.s clothes with some pizzazz man!!!

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'm not sure what that means Niidawg.
laugh.gif

i know man ... i tried to explain it with the next line ... but i guess i failed. and i still cant find the right words ... enh ... never mind.

He is saying that anyone can buy expensive clothes, but it doesn't mean you have style.

You wear everything like a mannequin.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

He is saying that anyone can buy expensive clothes, but it doesn't mean you have style.

i've noticed this too

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

i've noticed this too

x3, but I never wanted to say anything.

no offense. but you're dropping hella money on designer clothes/shoes.... but it doesn't look like it... i could make better fits from h&m/ cheaperbrands

Back
Top Bottom