Dressing better

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Thinking of picking up a Brooks Brothers Madison 3 Button 1818 Collection Suit. Question is Blue or Black? Thoughts?
unless you spend a lot of time in the black church (i'm baptist), i'd say blue. it seems to be a general consensus that black suits arefor funerals or as a substitute for semi-formal wear only. a blue suit would be much more versatile; a dark charcoal suit can get you through almost anything.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Bought to head to BR, Gap and Express tomorrow. I'm going to check those shorts out at GAP for sure RFX. Good looking out, I'm really feeling those. I want to see if I can find any jeans at BR also. I copped 2 from Old Navy this week. I got one today for only $15
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. I don't know about y'all, but I really like Old Navy's jeans, there not great, but you can't really beat it for the price. I need to pick up a few pair of Levi's still, but there is no Macy's in SLO, CA
smh.gif
. And I still need to cop some new shoes. I have a pair of black Lacoste that I wear all the time, but I need some new white kicks. Those Fred Perry's are still on my mind, I just really want to try them on in person before purchasing.
ohwell.gif

Check out Mervyns (if there's still one open near you) or JC Penney. You'll be surprised at the 514's they have there, especially on sale.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Is there any big&tall jeans that fit like a Levi's 501???
My Wardrobe is looking Like Homer Simpson's

Levi's 501's go up to 38W x 34L. Is that not big or long enough?

Or you could simply type in levis jeans. I have seen plenty that got 50x40 + and I doubt you are over that range.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by ericescobar

are there any shoes something like a cross between a desert boot (those posted on here) and nike blazer (like those suade joints)? see, i like the overall sillouette of the desert boot, but it doesn't fit with my perfect view of what i want to dress like. its close, but not quite there. blazers have a better practical design, while the desert boots have a classier style. HELP!

common-project-00.jpg

No way these are $300

Are there any cheaper versions of that shoe^

Mind you I do not know the quality of this shoes and brand, although I am sure it is no where near CP's quality, but here's a good alternative to thoseCP's:

ALIFE NYC Chuck for $150 (30% off from new customer at Revolveclothing.com)
ALIF-MZ40_V1.jpg
ALIF-MZ40_V4.jpg

The Clae's donjuan suggested are a good alternative too, or you can just get the Clarks Desert Boot, very similar other than the heel.

Sometimes, you just need something that is outlooked by most.
Just picked this up, will be here in a week or so.

Montblanc Onyx & Sterling Silver Cuff Links
3_12_010.jpg

The Clark's store should have those. Nordstrom's and maybe some Journey's (not sure on that one) carry them as well.

Picked up a sweater and casual shirt from Banana Republic for under $40.
pimp.gif
Also got 2 pairs of shorts from GAP, came out to like $50 or $55. And picked upanother shirt from Express for like $25. Now I just need to pick some damn shoes.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Bought to head to BR, Gap and Express tomorrow. I'm going to check those shorts out at GAP for sure RFX. Good looking out, I'm really feeling those. I want to see if I can find any jeans at BR also. I copped 2 from Old Navy this week. I got one today for only $15
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. I don't know about y'all, but I really like Old Navy's jeans, there not great, but you can't really beat it for the price. I need to pick up a few pair of Levi's still, but there is no Macy's in SLO, CA
smh.gif
. And I still need to cop some new shoes. I have a pair of black Lacoste that I wear all the time, but I need some new white kicks. Those Fred Perry's are still on my mind, I just really want to try them on in person before purchasing.
ohwell.gif

Check out Mervyns (if there's still one open near you) or JC Penney. You'll be surprised at the 514's they have there, especially on sale.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Is there any big&tall jeans that fit like a Levi's 501???
My Wardrobe is looking Like Homer Simpson's

Levi's 501's go up to 38W x 34L. Is that not big or long enough?
Nope Im a Fat Guy..... So I was just wondering If there are any other jeans with a regular fit throughout the seat with slightly tapered opening
all I own are 501's big and tall Levi's only come in about 3 different colors

RFX45 good call on the Alifes, we have a few pairs in the shop and I didn't even think about them. There's a gang of solid colorways coming out thisyear also.

Originally Posted by raburns04

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Thinking of picking up a Brooks Brothers Madison 3 Button 1818 Collection Suit. Question is Blue or Black? Thoughts?
unless you spend a lot of time in the black church (i'm baptist), i'd say blue. it seems to be a general consensus that black suits are for funerals or as a substitute for semi-formal wear only. a blue suit would be much more versatile; a dark charcoal suit can get you through almost anything.

I agree but also to add, or rather suggest, the Fitzgerald 2-button suit as a better choice. Much better and slimmer. For 2 for $1500, it's a decent price.

Russ G, that's a good look. Is that a cardigan or sweater vest?

Thanks. Cardigan - only $20 bucks from Forever21.com, too
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The rest was Theory and LV, with American Apparel stiff-collar polo.

How do shirts from Express fit? Im about 6"1 but only 175. Most larges fit too long on me- I like my clothes to fit- but not be too tight. So would amedium be a perfect fit - or are the larges cut smaller than other shirts. Im about to pull the trigger on about 6 shirts- just need the size.

got my beeswax desert boots in today. will post pics soon, but i sized down half a size and would say it may be best to size down an entire size from yournormal size

Originally Posted by nologo02184

got my beeswax desert boots in today. will post pics soon, but i sized down half a size and would say it may be best to size down an entire size from your normal size
Isn't that what we posted earlier in this thread? It'll probably run big on you after the leather stretches too.

Post pics Post pics!!!

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by nologo02184

got my beeswax desert boots in today. will post pics soon, but i sized down half a size and would say it may be best to size down an entire size from your normal size
Isn't that what we posted earlier in this thread? It'll probably run big on you after the leather stretches too.

Post pics Post pics!!!

I actually tried them on again with a different pair of socks, and I think that a half size is ideal. I think if I went down a whole size, these would havebeen a little too snug.

K2theAblam, you get yours yet? I know you said you ordered a pair too

Clean. I love the shape of the shoe, and that leather will age really well.

I didn't pull the trigger on the beeswax. I opted to spend 80 bucks on a few 1mx shirts for work instead; that's all my budget would allow. I grabed afew pairs earlier this month though, and I must say they've been in heavy rotation since. Will post picks when I can.

b55b_35.JPG
br333733-small-01xh.jpeg

Not my pics but I got both these boots from Banana Republic for $45
pimp.gif
(29.97 each + 30% off)

Originally Posted by rcdp

b55b_35.JPG
br333733-small-01xh.jpeg

Not my pics but I got both these boots from Banana Republic for $45
pimp.gif
(29.97 each + 30% off)

hmmmmm...both intrigue me..might have to check a pair out. i was planning on heading out to j crew to pick out a pair of chinos. hopefully, they have theirurban slim fit or whatever in stores (i know its supposedly online only, but i live in la, so we'll see)

Back
Top Bottom