Dressing better

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

Thank you my good sir!

I was at the mall yesterday and saw some nice stuff, but I knew I should not pull the trigger and buy stuff because once I drop this last 15, then everything will be too big.  I have some nice sharp dress clothes hanging in my cloeset that I love, but I cant wear anymore because they are too big.  That's a good/bad problem to have.  So I was going to get some of these, but just dont know what will go good with them... that tells you how out of the casual fashion loop I am. (but they were in black) I am sure a nice well fitted dress shirt/sweatshirt w/jeans would work, but I wanna mix it up some.

FRANCOO_GREY-SUEDE_zoom.jpg
those shoes are relatively simple and any kind of dark denim should work with the black color ur thinking of. They basically work well with all of the items that you listed work well enough.. If you want to switch the color up gilt groupe has generic surplus shoes on sale till midnight tonight or tomorrow for under $40 gilt groupe

generic-surplus-fall-2009-collection-front.jpg

I just copped the khaki colored moccasins
pimp.gif

Nice, good looking out, i may pick me up some.! those are sweet..

Im still tryna figure out why i didn't order them desert boots for $40 when it was up.

thx TJ and knightngale

and no - i'm hardly stuff or tight in that fit ... i dont need my clothes baggy on me. they fit just the way i want/need a casual outfit to fit.   

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Ned some quick help.. How do Nudies Regular Alf fit? Compared to Levis 501s or Gap Authentics?

My very first pair of raws were Regular Ralfs.  I put them on a couple weeks ago and I absolutely hated the fit
laugh.gif
... but the Ralf's are a boot cut as compared to a straight leg in the 501's.  In the Regular Ralf's the leg opening is wider and there is more room in the legs than the 501's or Nudie's Slim Jim's.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Need some advice. Thinking about wearing this fit on V-Day with homegirl. I feel pretty good about it but let me know if adjustments need to be made. I just barely tried it on as a whole. Here are the pics. Once again, sorry for the cell phone pics
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Fits well on your body.. I'd switch the shirt color (only because I don't like to wear dark clothing like that) but it's good either way[/color]
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Frische Produkte wrote:

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Need some advice. Thinking about wearing this fit on V-Day with homegirl. I feel pretty good about it but let me know if adjustments need to be made. I just barely tried it on as a whole. Here are the pics. Once again, sorry for the cell phone pics
Fits well on your body.. I'd switch the shirt color (only because I don't like to wear dark clothing like that) but it's good either way
pimp.gif

Thanks bro
pimp.gif
. I really don't get into bright colors. I'm not sure why, I have always been that way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Ned some quick help.. How do Nudies Regular Alf fit? Compared to Levis 501s or Gap Authentics?

My very first pair of raws were Regular Ralfs.  I put them on a couple weeks ago and I absolutely hated the fit
laugh.gif
... but the Ralf's are a boot cut as compared to a straight leg in the 501's.  In the Regular Ralf's the leg opening is wider and there is more room in the legs than the 501's or Nudie's Slim Jim's.
^ Thx man I appreciate it.. I have a pair of Slim Jims but those were WAY too tight for me.. I need something straight fit not too baggy or skinny.

Hey everything's half off on Hickey which not only means that there's a chance to pick up some great stuff on the cheap but they're probably gonna roll out a new season soon.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Hey everything's half off on Hickey which not only means that there's a chance to pick up some great stuff on the cheap but they're probably gonna roll out a new season soon.
just saw some of their pieces at Century21, crazy, almost picked up this jersey for $35 but no L
5H133122_md.jpg

wouldn't mind a jacket like this for the spring
_MG_0122.JPG

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Errands and such...
pimp.gif
dope military jkt! The fit makes me feel good, because the jkt I ordered is very similar but lighter grey, and I wanted to wear it with my dark charcoal colored sneakers (gum bottom)
So, basically, the reverse of your colorscheme above. (almost). Are those pants slacks or denim? I need another grey pair of khakis

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Hegegbite, What kind of jeans and khakis are those?
Those Gucci's are so nice!
smokin.gif

Thanks!The jeans are from gap...the pants are polo...they were actuallyaltered to fit my slimmer shoes. I have my tailor take in my cuffs.

Hm...I been considering doing the same...about how much do you take the cuffs in though?? Or does the tailor estimate how much he takes in by looking at your footwear....?
Thanks.
p.s: Guccis are super fresh homie

I'ma head back home to NYC this weekend I believe, see if i can use my tax return on some shirts and pants

Or does the tailor estimate how much he takes in by looking at your footwear....?

Not by looking, but actually measuring.  Like I've said, this is why more expensive pants come in with the 34-35'' inseam...so you can go get the pants hemmed according to your body.

You wear the pants and the shoes you plan on wearing the pants with.  The tailor will fold the pants until the desired length is reached. 

Originally Posted by CheGTR

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Errands and such...
pimp.gif
dope military jkt! The fit makes me feel good, because the jkt I ordered is very similar but lighter grey, and I wanted to wear it with my dark charcoal colored sneakers (gum bottom)
So, basically, the reverse of your colorscheme above. (almost). Are those pants slacks or denim? I need another grey pair of khakis

thanks man. they are twill pants in navy.

Ok tailoring question.  I have an event this weekend and I want to wear one of my black suits.  I'm thinking about going with a pocket square for the first time.  I just pulled the suit out and realized that the chest pocket is partially sewn shut (probably 1-1 1/2 inches threading, the other inch is open).  Now I would imagine that would cause some problems if I went with a pocket square
laugh.gif
.  I have some amateur thread and needle skills and figure that it would be a easy fix to de-thread it myself.  However, it is a nice Boss and I don't want to end up loosening the pocket too much (if that is even possible...).

Any suggestions on whether I should take it to a tailor or do it myself?  I don't really know how that ever surpassed me when I was originally getting it tailored.  Might have to just call around later and see what the tailors have to say about it.

Do it yourself. If you take a closer look, it is meant to be loose on the ends so you can kind of pull it away without damaging the suit. Almost all suits are like these, I bet the pockets on your suit jacket has the same stitching that can be unraveled. Just do it slowly and be patient.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Hegegbite, What kind of jeans and khakis are those?
Those Gucci's are so nice!
smokin.gif

Thanks!The jeans are from gap...the pants are polo...they were actuallyaltered to fit my slimmer shoes. I have my tailor take in my cuffs.

Hm...I been considering doing the same...about how much do you take the cuffs in though?? Or does the tailor estimate how much he takes in by looking at your footwear....?
Thanks.
p.s: Guccis are super fresh homie

I'ma head back home to NYC this weekend I believe, see if i can use my tax return on some shirts and pants

Thanks bro! On the gap the gap jeans i actually picked those out because the cuff was narrow....im a shoehead so i always get my pants altered to show off my kicks...The khakis i brought them into my tailor and i had some chucks on and we estimated from there. What i have come to realize is that designers give you plenty of material to play with don't be scared to have your tailor butcher them up, the outcome is usually rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom