Dressing better

Originally Posted by hadegbite
Hegegbite, What kind of jeans and khakis are those?
Those Gucci's are so nice!
smokin.gif

I love this thread...so informational. Hands down best thread in general.

Besides big breast and big booty appreciation thread
laugh.gif
.~

sorry to ask twice, but does anyone know how James Perse tees, in particular the v-necks, fit?

thanks in advance.

i feel like RFX would know since he has like every article of clothing ever made
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

All these for < $60.. gap.com
pimp.gif
Don't know if the cardigan is really my steez, but for 12 bucks ill make it work..

gp675343-00qlv01.jpg

gp692774-00p01v01.jpg

gp692774-01p01v01.jpg

gp648782-00p01v01.jpg

guy made the same pickups as me
pimp.gif
i'm hoping that  cardigan will do me some good just copped out of boredom

[h2]Tom Ford Eyewear Spring 2010 Campaign | Nicholas Hoult by Tom Ford[/h2]
tomfordeyewear1.jpg

For Nicolas Hoult, luck is on his side with a movie role beingaccompanied by a campaign feature. Photographed by the designerhimself, Hoult appears alongside Carolyn Murphy in Tom Ford’s latest eyewear campaign. A cheeky endeavor, the campaign features a nude Carolyn getting cozy with the English actor.

tomfordeyewear2.jpg

tomfordeyewear3.jpg

tomfordeyewear4.jpg

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by hadegbite
Hegegbite, What kind of jeans and khakis are those?
Those Gucci's are so nice!
smokin.gif

Thanks! The jeans are from gap...the pants are polo...they were actually altered to fit my slimmer shoes. I have my tailor take in my cuffs.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Errands and such...
It looked like you didn't have feet for a second. 
laugh.gif

Dope fit as always though. Do you get your casual wear fitted/tailored? 

thanks for the comments guys ... yes - i get even my casual wear tailored ... jeans, sweaters, khakis, jackets etc. makes things fit a whole lot better. my tailor probably gets more money than the shops i buy from ... lol.

I am ready to upgrade my casual wardrobe. I have lots of nice church clothes (nice shirt/tie combos, slacks etc) but my causal clothes leave alot to be desired. I am in the middle of dropping weight (another 15 lbs and ill be at where I need to be) , so I may wait another month or so, but this thread is great to help me get started. I need to get out of my fashion box with just polos or button ups with jeans and sneakers.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo nii, how much does it cost to tailor a jacket?

Depends on what you want done, what area you live in and which tailor you go to. My tailor typically charges the following:

Shoulder alteration: 60 bucks
Waist suppression (taking sides in): 30
Increasing sleeve length: 30
Reducing sleeve length: 20
Reducing jacket overall shape (eg going from a 44 - 42 ... did this when i lost a bunch of weight): 105
Reducing length of jacket: 35
Slimming sleeves: 20

So as you can see it can get expensive quick. I usually make sure my jacket fits in the more price areas (shoulder, body and length) and then just pay for the sleeve work and waist suppression.   

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

I am ready to upgrade my casual wardrobe. I have lots of nice church clothes (nice shirt/tie combos, slacks etc) but my causal clothes leave alot to be desired. I am in the middle of dropping weight (another 15 lbs and ill be at where I need to be) , so I may wait another month or so, but this thread is great to help me get started. I need to get out of my fashion box with just polos or button ups with jeans and sneakers.

good looks on the weight loss and good luck with the rest. i think you should wait till you are 5 or 10 before you start shopping, since its a pain/pricey to alter clothes to fit perfectly.

btw great avatar and sig.

Need some advice. Thinking about wearing this fit on V-Day with homegirl. I feel pretty good about it but let me know if adjustments need to be made. I just barely tried it on as a whole. Here are the pics. Once again, sorry for the cell phone pics

^^^ I wouldn't mind wearing a tie but I'm not sure what color and pattern I should go with. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I prefer skinny tie btw

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Errands and such...
It looked like you didn't have feet for a second. 
laugh.gif

Dope fit as always though. Do you get your casual wear fitted/tailored? 

thanks for the comments guys ... yes - i get even my casual wear tailored ... jeans, sweaters, khakis, jackets etc. makes things fit a whole lot better. my tailor probably gets more money than the shops i buy from ... lol.
Details? cost etc...

Depends on the material and what you are having done. Generally cashmere is more expensive than cotton/acrylic. Slimming sleeves = 20ish, Taking in sides = 30ish, Recutting to reduce size would ran you about 50.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

^^^ I wouldn't mind wearing a tie but I'm not sure what color and pattern I should go with. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I prefer skinny tie btw

with that shirt ... a tie would be hard to pull off without looking stuffy ... ideally a black tie would have been great ... but then i think it will clash with the brown shoes/belt. a lighter colored shirt would have been my option, if you want to go with a tie. the fit on the various pieces are really good though.  

good looks on the weight loss and good luck with the rest. i think you should wait till you are 5 or 10 before you start shopping, since its a pain/pricey to alter clothes to fit perfectly.

btw great avatar and sig.

Thank you my good sir!

I was at the mall yesterday and saw some nice stuff, but I knew I should not pull the trigger and buy stuff because once I drop this last 15, then everything will be too big.  I have some nice sharp dress clothes hanging in my cloeset that I love, but I cant wear anymore because they are too big.  That's a good/bad problem to have.  So I was going to get some of these, but just dont know what will go good with them... that tells you how out of the casual fashion loop I am. (but they were in black) I am sure a nice well fitted dress shirt/sweatshirt w/jeans would work, but I wanna mix it up some.

FRANCOO_GREY-SUEDE_zoom.jpg

Thank you my good sir!

I was at the mall yesterday and saw some nice stuff, but I knew I should not pull the trigger and buy stuff because once I drop this last 15, then everything will be too big.  I have some nice sharp dress clothes hanging in my cloeset that I love, but I cant wear anymore because they are too big.  That's a good/bad problem to have.  So I was going to get some of these, but just dont know what will go good with them... that tells you how out of the casual fashion loop I am. (but they were in black) I am sure a nice well fitted dress shirt/sweatshirt w/jeans would work, but I wanna mix it up some.

FRANCOO_GREY-SUEDE_zoom.jpg
those shoes are relatively simple and any kind of dark denim should work with the black color ur thinking of. They basically work well with all of the items that you listed work well enough.. If you want to switch the color up gilt groupe has generic surplus shoes on sale till midnight tonight or tomorrow for under $40 gilt groupe

generic-surplus-fall-2009-collection-front.jpg

I just copped the khaki colored moccasins
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

with that shirt ... a tie would be hard to pull off without looking stuffy ... ideally a black tie would have been great ... but then i think it will clash with the brown shoes/belt. a lighter colored shirt would have been my option, if you want to go with a tie. the fit on the various pieces are really good though.  
Thanks for your input
pimp.gif
. So basically, I should just wear it like that. That is what I was thinking already. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom