Dressing better

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by Meangene4

I got a denim jacket any tips how to wear it? I dont like the denim on denim look tho.

IMO you can do the denim on denim look but they have to be different washes/fades.
i usually use mine for layering though, so i usually have something over the denim jacket if im also wearing jeans.

edit: ignore the pose, opinions?

35j9pv9.jpg
Fresh. I think it'd also look good with a t-shirt underneath. Three collars is a bit much for me. 

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm super tempted to cop these right now... Any of yall own this exact color?
nerd.gif

I've wanted to get the grey DB's for a while now, I just can't find the one with the black midsole.
greysuede1-300x200.jpg

Sweater vest is Vince.
I was pissed that I paid retail and then I saw it at Gilt last week.
100% cashmere though.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by rhester

Clean Fit By Diggy
pimp.gif
i'm kinda wondering about the pocket square and bow-tie color choices...is this the appropriate thing to do here with the bow matching shoes and square matching pants?  just wondering...

Clean Fit By Diggy
pimp.gif
i'm kinda wondering about the pocket square and bow-tie color choices...is this the appropriate thing to do here with the bow matching shoes and square matching pants?  just wondering...

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

RFX

JP's fit true to size I'm assuming?

I highly suggest you try them on. My JP's and chucks varies in sizes. In most low tops, JP or chuck, I'm a size 10, but in the hi-top JP like the racearound, I'm a 9.5.
Then in one of the Converse by JV I'm a 9.5 and on the other I'm a size 10 perfect. Then I'm a 9 in the C by JV chukkas. It is really hard to do sizing.
And I wear a 9.5-10 in Nikes and Jordans, while other suggest sizing down a whole size.

I think that just made everything much more confusing.
laugh.gif

i was gonna make a thread but i see that there are some true to the game cats in here. How do i make the comfortable transition to dressing better, i know how to dress , i clean up nice for job interviews and work, but when work is done im back to street wear. Im not asking what to wear like pick me a outfit (II), its more like where to start so I can learn my style on what fits right to my personality. For example when you guys first started was it clarks and blazers, cardigans and boat shoes , polo and dressed shoes. slacks vs jeans ? , is new eras still a go? (please say yes) and last department or online stores stores that sell all dope items? is there any sites or blogs that cater to Dressing better?

I'm sure you know what "dressing better" means. It doesn't mean you have to dress exactly like the other cats on here. You wanna separate yourself a little bit from the norm? Throw a little bit of your style into it. It's all about good taste.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Clean Fit By Diggy
pimp.gif
style is what you make it, the "appropriate" way is fine but if it's not that's fine too

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

is new eras still a go? (please say yes)
I say yes depending on what you're wearing it with. With a cardigan+t shirt its cool...not with button up shirts though
sick.gif
people who do that remind me of sophomore year in high school, when XXL striped button ups and white new eras meant getting your grown man on
laugh.gif
i have to admit those days were fun even though we looked ridiculous

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

What kind of Khaki shorts and Shorts in General you guys gonna be wearing when the nice weather rolls around?

get a pair of madras, a pair of seersucker, a pair of white shorts and a pair of khaki. they should not go below the knee ... and not be baggy.

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

i was gonna make a thread but i see that there are some true to the game cats in here. How do i make the comfortable transition to dressing better, i know how to dress , i clean up nice for job interviews and work, but when work is done im back to street wear. Im not asking what to wear like pick me a outfit (II), its more like where to start so I can learn my style on what fits right to my personality. For example when you guys first started was it clarks and blazers, cardigans and boat shoes , polo and dressed shoes. slacks vs jeans ? , is new eras still a go? (please say yes) and last department or online stores stores that sell all dope items? is there any sites or blogs that cater to Dressing better?

lots of good questions most of which have unfortunately been addressed in previous pages. but i'll throw out the list i gave to someone who asked the question a while back again:

- well fitting white shirt
- well fitting blue shirt
- well fitting khaki pants
- well fitting dark rinse jeans
- well fitting navy blazer
- ties to match your style, personality and weather
- leather soled shoes - no aldos, no kenneth coles. invest in a good pair or two - they will last you a while and will have better resale value
- well fitting charcoal or navy suit
- pair of low profile sneakers ... jack purcells, alife, adidas stan smiths, claes ... something like that

this can form the basis of ANY wardrobe. they are staples that everyone needs irrespective of how you dress. then you can start adding the pieces ... pocket squares, denim jackets, suede or leather chukkas etc etc etc.

for a work day you can wear a white shirt, khaki pants and throw on a blazer with a tie. you would look better than 90% of the population if the fit and color coordination is spot on. the for a night out, you can loosen the tie ... and depending on the weather, take off the jacket and roll up the sleeves of the shirt. mix and match all of the above and you will be good.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Clean Fit By Diggy
pimp.gif

blues and greens complement brown well, so although it is not something i will wear, it works well. plus more importantly, the fit of his blazer and jeans are spot on, which again is more important than color coordination.

there is a great article on color coordination that will help anyone who needs it on AAAC

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I think im gonna bite the bullet and buy these as my "black" casual shoes....I wear a size 9 in everything, should I get the same for these?

I don't have any low-profile Chucks, but I wear 1-1.5 sizes down in "regular" ones.  My Nike size varies but I typically wear an 11-11.5 in Nike and a 10 in Chucks.  Jack Purcells I need a 10.5 or 11 in, it depends.

To school and then the mall... nearly freezing in Houston, still.

Parka is Juicy Couture--back when it was still Juicy Men's--not after they renamed it Royal Underground or whatever. RL cardigan (the same one they just rereleased, but it's the one from last year), denim shirt is Forever 21.

school us on khakis.  what are the best fits?  i'm looking for thin, straight and something not too tapered.  most classic fits are "too" straight fit.

Jcrew has an Urban Slim.  bought them and returned it because its a thick layer cut

erez

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

_5941970.jpg

I'm super tempted to cop these right now... Any of yall own this exact color?
nerd.gif
I bought this from the jcrew sample sale in NY.  excellent color to wear with anything fit

erez

How does everyone feel about men's jewelry outside of watches and wedding bands. I am noticing a lot of guys with bracelets and stuff but not really getting the vibe.

Back
Top Bottom