Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

shogun - nice "pieces". are the GS shoes on the left navy or black?
Thanks, they're black.  I'm a sucker for black shoes and white midsoles.  I think I saw a navy color online as well, looked amazing.

Originally Posted by quik1987

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
We stay fresh in dem Clarks....Ah gaza mi seh!
pimp.gif

I've been lurking in this thread since page 1.  I am in no way near nildawg, RFX, or RegularolTy's status
laugh.gif
but I'm working on it.  Here's what I wore at last night for Saturday's festivities.

Levi's Shirt and 514s, and my Diesels that I found in my closet that are from 2004.

Keep up the good work! This is my favorite thread on NT!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by beezylocks

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i love this thread.. but i cant get down with any of these shoes yall wear with the fits...

preach
What shoes would you guys wear with them?
honestly idk, but i do not like them sperrys, boatshoes, wallabees. etc. tokis, janowskis, i got these all blk leather hundreds shoes.

but if its like dressy dressy, i wear some leather shoes, kenneth cole, alfani type dress shoe.
You're still a young dude though.  I rarely see anyone under the age of 25 dress like this.  And
laugh.gif
at Kenneth Cole and Alfani, that's the low budget stuff, man.

When it comes to dress shoes, you should spring up the bread for a decent pair.  Unlike sneakers, they can be repaired and resoled, making them a worthy investment.

The only Nikes I have now that I wear are my Jordan 1s and 6s.  And I only wear those with a white v neck, jeans and a fitted hat or so.  Wearing a button down or anything else with those just look weird.

laugh.gif
reccomend me some bro.
like i just needed some for the next day.

whhat yall think about these

NI395924-001_pict1_9_1317_14265.jpg

I get you. I can't rock with a lot of the shoes posted in this thread. Just not my style at all, but still popular styles ...

Originally Posted by mneezy1

Beautiful dog.

That Timberland collabo balloonboy posted doesn't look too bad.

cosign on the dog.

I have that shawl cardigan too, from Gap. I walked up to the register thinking it was $40 with their sale. It rang up to $17:pimp:. Funny thing, I just bought those chocolate DBs yesterday too. I might have to swagger jack that whole 'fit.

Gorgeous day today in SoCal, weather is in the low 80s.  Went to get food and then shop with mom.  Shirt is by NSF in baby blue and white gingham, pants are Levi's 511, shoes are JP's.
2dhv3g4.jpg

I needed pair of black sneakers i could dress up and wear out at night so I bought these Claes

6219-649406-p.jpg

but for some reason they fit ridiculously small and I had to get them in a size 11.5 (as opposed to the 10.5 I normally wear).

But then for some reason the left shoe fit even smaller than the right one and I had to return them today.

My roommate bought the same shoes in all leather in 9.5, but for some reason theyre the exact same fit as the 11.5... you can even sort of see that the leather ones are longer in this pic

6901-687915-p.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with Claes?
track.cgi
onload.cgi

Originally Posted by wj4

Gorgeous day today in SoCal, weather is in the low 80s.  Went to get food and then shop with mom.  Shirt is by NSF in baby blue and white gingham, pants are Levi's 511, shoes are JP's.
2dhv3g4.jpg
you, my good man, are envied.

Going to order another suit today and I need some suggestions:

Which one is more versatile: Charcoal or Navy? I'm leaning towards Charcoal.

I'd appreciate your comments before 10 EST.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Maybe charcoal is ever so slightly more versatile, but I can't think of too many situations in which you can wear a charcoal suit but not a navy one. I'd go with whichever fabric I liked better. 

Originally Posted by wj4

i love this thread.. but i cant get down with any of these shoes yall wear with the fits...

preach
i only have jordans/nikes/vans.. I really need some dress type shoes/boots.. but if im gonna drop alot of money on shoes its gonna be jordans/eggplants lol

Originally Posted by wj4

preach
i only have jordans/nikes/vans.. I really need some dress type shoes/boots.. but if im gonna drop alot of money on shoes its gonna be jordans/eggplants lol
See, what's the point?  Don't get me wrong, I used to be the same way.  I used to drop a grip of money on SB's and J's until I wised up.  (But yeah I still paid retail for those black/red VI's not too long ago
laugh.gif
)  When you buy quality dress shoes, it's about the craftsmanship...they're not some Made In China POS.  I'll use Allen Edmonds as an example.  They retail for about $200-350, but can be had on sale a lot of times.  I'm sure the Eggplant Foams will not be on sale, and some shops may be charging over retail for them.

And when they wear down many years later, you can go this route.

Originally Posted by wj4

are those the race arounds?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Maybe charcoal is ever so slightly more versatile, but I can't think of too many situations in which you can wear a charcoal suit but not a navy one. I'd go with whichever fabric I liked better. 
Indeed.  The first two choices for suits would be gray and navy.  I agree with you on charcoal being a bit more versatile since anything goes with gray. 

Back
Top Bottom