Dressing better

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by RFX45

25kobol.jpg

i'm pretty opened minded when it comes to people's taste/choice in clothing but those cargo pants are horrendous.  return those immediately.  
even at $30, that's $30 too much.

Yeah, I jsut tried them on again and they are definitely too big in the waist and the pockets are too big. I think I could live with it if the pockets were a bit smaller. I think it probably go back. It's all good though, I needed to purchase $100 or more to get the 25% off anyways so that helped.

rsdplaya

yeah man. My subtotal before that was almost $500 (close to what I paid for before on a custom suit back home at my dad's old tailor). the deal had 25% off a suit, a free shirt + extra accessory of your choice (tie or cufflinks). I adjusted some measurements to accommodate for my summer cut and hopefully I don't need to make major alterations (good thing they provide a $75 credit).

we'll see on how this turns out. I'll probably get a 2nd one from them if this turns out nice. MadetomeasureNY influenced my purchase on this one, Dennis Cahlo better be right.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

wj4, I see you gained some muscle??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nh
laugh.gif
  I think my arms got bigger.  I noticed some shirts feel tighter than before.  The funny thing is that I've really been letting go.  I eat out almost all of the time now (although I still say no to soda, fast food, and such).  My waist also got bigger around an inch or so, I'm around a 30-31 now.  I'm now about 152 lbs, used to be in the mid 140s. 

And with shorts, since no shorts from last summer fit me anymore...I gotta start over.  I picked up 2 shorts from H&M today for $20 a pop.  The fit is great.  J. Crew shorts are a bit too baggy for me.

Originally Posted by artysm

25kobol.jpg

i'm pretty opened minded when it comes to people's taste/choice in clothing but those cargo pants are horrendous.  return those immediately.  
even at $30, that's $30 too much.
I was gonna type almost the same thing. Your pants are always on point so these are just way, way out of place.

wj4 - been sleeping in the gym? you bulked up!
staylurking - nice fit ... looks like you had a good time in Sin City

Do any of you guys know how Converse by John Varvatos fit? Are they true to size like Jack Purcells or do you have to go a full size down like Converse Chuck Taylors? Thanks for any input.

anybody know about this jos. a. bank as far as suits go?

they're running a special right now, suits are $199.99 + 2 free shirts + 2 free ties...

wondering if anybody has experience with their suits?

Last few pictures the confidence is on high...some of you guys should take notes, at least look like you are enjoying what you're wearing and I'm sure other people will too...

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Manic Monday - The cold winds are back

Nice fit Nii, as usual but I really need to be nitpicky when it coem to you so you need to get those shoes topied. 
laugh.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

From Vegas this past weekend. I will post more later
pimp.gif
 on point all around. 

reppin for the muscular guys 
pimp.gif
Great example of pulling off a very simple combo and all because everything fits great. Also another example of dressing well for the build.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Y'all slim dudes have it so good when it comes to clothes. 
smh.gif
True, this is.
I don't consider myself slim at all but it is difficult to find the right size for me. Most xs' are still too big and has to be altered. I am limited to H&M for affordable brands and even then the smaller sizes flys by the store quick. 

Thanks guys. I always dress really simple. I usually just focus on the fit and the quality of material. Kind of funny because I have always been that way. Never really been flashy

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Y'all slim dudes have it so good when it comes to clothes. 
smh.gif
True, this is.
I don't consider myself slim at all but it is difficult to find the right size for me. Most xs' are still too big and has to be altered. I am limited to H&M for affordable brands and even then the smaller sizes flys by the store quick. 
RFX, you're slim
laugh.gif

hadegbite - they are by paul smith. can be had on eBay for about 20-30
rfx - you are right ... lol. the heel is done, but not the front. the cobbler ran out of topies for the front the day i took it in, and i havent had a chance (read: lazy) to go back. will come around to it soon enough. its a good thing to do .... really increases the life of the shoes.

IMO looks better if the shirt was tucked in especially since you are buttoning up the cardigan, also undo the last button

Originally Posted by eeibaby

IMO looks better if the shirt was tucked in especially since you are buttoning up the cardigan, also undo the last button

And also maybe one more roll on the jeans cuff, too much stacking. 
Nii, yeah topies does save a lot of money too because it will pretty much save you on having the whole shoe resoled or at least it'll take a lot longer. Awesome polka dot ps too.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I needed pair of black sneakers i could dress up and wear out at night so I bought these Claes

http://www.zappos.com/ima...21511/6219-649406-p.jpg? src="http://www.zappos.com/images/742/7421511/6219-649406-p.jpg?">

but for some reason they fit ridiculously small and I had to get them in a size 11.5 (as opposed to the 10.5 I normally wear).

But then for some reason the left shoe fit even smaller than the right one and I had to return them today.

My roommate bought the same shoes in all leather in 9.5, but for some reason theyre the exact same fit as the 11.5... you can even sort of see that the leather ones are longer in this pic

6901-687915-p.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with Claes?
track.cgi
onload.cgi

i have different ones.. but they did fit a .5 size too small.. ( i have the romare hi i think)

Originally Posted by jeyel

Nako XL wrote:

I needed pair of black sneakers i could dress up and wear out at night so I bought these Claes

6219-649406-p.jpg

but for some reason they fit ridiculously small and I had to get them in a size 11.5 (as opposed to the 10.5 I normally wear).

But then for some reason the left shoe fit even smaller than the right one and I had to return them today.

My roommate bought the same shoes in all leather in 9.5, but for some reason theyre the exact same fit as the 11.5... you can even sort of see that the leather ones are longer in this pic

6901-687915-p.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with Claes?
track.cgi
onload.cgi

i have different ones.. but they did fit a .5 size too small.. ( i have the romare hi i think)

If you're going to dress up black sneakers, please do not buy sneakers with a white midsole.

Another sunny day in SoCal today.  Straw fedora from H&M, a pink v-neck with Thai words on it from the homeland, khaki Levi 511, and sand Clarks DB's.

ao86br.jpg

wj4 or anyone else,

i'm looking for a pair of Purcells in an off-white/cream colorway

any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom