Dressing better

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

JCrew has a pair in their site

off-white not dirty
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shindo03

Do any of you guys know how Converse by John Varvatos fit? Are they true to size like Jack Purcells or do you have to go a full size down like Converse Chuck Taylors? Thanks for any input.
I just picked up a pair and they fit true to size, unlike Chuck Taylors. Which pair are you looking at?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

what do you guys think about these

doesnt matter I ordered them already
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Funny how you put it didn't matter since you already ordered them
Are you not happy with your purchase? They're alright. Much better in suede than perforated leather imo.

I really like Cole Haan.. Very comfortable and quality is beyond decent as far as the materials.

i know there are a few people in this thread that hate them. Plus they could be had 60%+ off.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by jeyel

Nako XL wrote:

I needed pair of black sneakers i could dress up and wear out at night so I bought these Claes

6219-649406-p.jpg

but for some reason they fit ridiculously small and I had to get them in a size 11.5 (as opposed to the 10.5 I normally wear).

But then for some reason the left shoe fit even smaller than the right one and I had to return them today.

My roommate bought the same shoes in all leather in 9.5, but for some reason theyre the exact same fit as the 11.5... you can even sort of see that the leather ones are longer in this pic

6901-687915-p.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with Claes?
track.cgi
onload.cgi

i have different ones.. but they did fit a .5 size too small.. ( i have the romare hi i think)

If you're going to dress up black sneakers, please do not buy sneakers with a white midsole.
Well I wouldn't really dress up with black sneakers but for low profile sneakers, white midsoles are fine just look at the jack purcell converses & janoskis.  Two examples of many that have white midsole

WJ4, I can't see the pic (probably hosted by Tinypic, which is blocked) but how are you liking the 511s?

Thats 2 consecutive days with the 511s and it looks like it is working out well for you.

They're awesome for the price. 
laugh.gif
  I just got them back from the tailor so I decide to wear them back to back.  That and also because the weather is warming up and I don't have any shorts yet.  (The shorts I have no longer fit my waist line).

Originally Posted by wj4

WJ4, I can't see the pic (probably hosted by Tinypic, which is blocked) but how are you liking the 511s?

Thats 2 consecutive days with the 511s and it looks like it is working out well for you.

laugh.gif
  I just got them back from the tailor so I decide to wear them back to back.  That and also because the weather is warming up and I don't have any shorts yet.  (The shorts I have no longer fit my waist line).

What did you get tailored?  I find my slightly long, but I don't wanna spend the $10 for half an inch hemming

wj4, no joke when i seen the fit a few pages back I thought of Bruce Lee, but this one solidifies it.
laugh.gif
don't take offense

Random observation: It seems as if rolling up jeans, khakis, chinos is becoming ever so popular. It's funny cause so many people use to hate on the look, but the more fashion blogs/forums I view i see it more and more.

I pulled it off quite nicely in jamaica, but it's pretty much a must considering it's 80+ degrees everyday. plus, that's how them cats dress down there already.

Just waiting for cut-off jeans to become more popular (no Chris Brown)

^
I don't like the rolled up look but it's a better alternative to wearing capris.  I think Rafael Nadal stopped wearing them for good but Dirty probably still rocks them.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

wj4, no joke when i seen the fit a few pages back I thought of Bruce Lee, but this one solidifies it.
laugh.gif
don't take offense

Random observation: It seems as if rolling up jeans, khakis, chinos is becoming ever so popular. It's funny cause so many people use to hate on the look, but the more fashion blogs/forums I view i see it more and more.

I pulled it off quite nicely in jamaica, but it's pretty much a must considering it's 80+ degrees everyday. plus, that's how them cats dress down there already.

Just waiting for cut-off jeans to become more popular (no Chris Brown)
laugh.gif
  No offense taken.  With my diet and what I lift at the gym, I will never become jacked.  I'm content with that though.  I've been rolling up my pants since last year when some of the cats in the thread questioned my sexual preference because of it.

Cut off jeans are catching on now.  UO actually sells Levi's cut offs as shorts.

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
What did you get tailored?  I find my slightly long, but I don't wanna spend the $10 for half an inch hemming

I got them hemmed.  With a 31 waist, they only come in a 32'' inseam.  For non-denim, the ideal inseam for me is 30.5''.  Now they fit extremely well.

It's suppose to be rainy in SoCal for the rest of the week, sucks that I haven't got around to get more rain friendly boots yet.

^
laugh.gif
That's a suit from H&M right? I have the same one, and also another one in navy.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

RFX or anyone - is there a GQ guide or anything of the sort regarding blazers and sport-coats?
I don't know of any online article, but you can visit the local bookstore to check out a book like this.  They talk about blazers in there.  But also keep in mind that they aim towards the contemporary look as oppose to the more modern look, ie slimmer and shorter cut.

http://search.barnesandno.../?itm=6&USRI=esquire

Originally Posted by wj4

I got them hemmed.  With a 31 waist, they only come in a 32'' inseam.  For non-denim, the ideal inseam for me is 30.5''.  Now they fit extremely well.

It's suppose to be rainy in SoCal for the rest of the week, sucks that I haven't got around to get more rain friendly boots yet.

How tall are you wj4? Those 511 you're wearing, did you need to size up like what other ppl here are doing?

Back
Top Bottom