Dressing better

Those Alden's are nice!

After working out the last year, none of my dress pants fit anymore...

I checked out Macys and the INC Milano slim fit pants and they fit me perfect for only $40. They had them in grey and black.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Originally Posted by jeyel

Nako XL wrote:

I needed pair of black sneakers i could dress up and wear out at night so I bought these Claes

6219-649406-p.jpg

but for some reason they fit ridiculously small and I had to get them in a size 11.5 (as opposed to the 10.5 I normally wear).

But then for some reason the left shoe fit even smaller than the right one and I had to return them today.

My roommate bought the same shoes in all leather in 9.5, but for some reason theyre the exact same fit as the 11.5... you can even sort of see that the leather ones are longer in this pic

6901-687915-p.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with Claes?
track.cgi
onload.cgi

i have different ones.. but they did fit a .5 size too small.. ( i have the romare hi i think)

If you're going to dress up black sneakers, please do not buy sneakers with a white midsole.
Well I wouldn't really dress up with black sneakers but for low profile sneakers, white midsoles are fine just look at the jack purcell converses & janoskis.  Two examples of many that have white midsole

by "dress up" i mean, my usual look when going out is blazer/dark jacket, with a button shirt, slacks/dark jeans, and tan or dark loafers.

but lately i've been feeling overdressed a lot of times i'm just hanging out (i spend most of my time in the lower east side of manhattan) so I wanted a pair of sneakers I could wear with dark jeans, a button shirt, and a jacket and still get into clubs with.  Ferragamos look awesome, but they're murder on your feet.

I do not know any clubs in my area who would let me in if I went in sneakers, even if it is all black.
There are plenty of dress shoes with rubber soles that are just as comfortable as sneakers.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I do not know any clubs in my area who would let me in if I went in sneakers, even if it is all black.
There are plenty of dress shoes with rubber soles that are just as comfortable as sneakers.

in NYC almost everywhere (except LES bars) are dress "classy" places i.e., no hats and everything else is at the discretion of the door man.

I get in with chucks and jack purcells but they dont always look great and chucks hurt your feet. with a good fitting dark pair of jeans and well put together shirt/top (typically with a collar, though "dressy tees" pass also), you can get in anywhere with sneakers as long as they're not obnoxious or you're with a herd of 7 dudes.

I have several pairs of dress shoes, just a bad experience walking all over in damp weather with Ferragamo loafers on (look great but are murder on my feet) left me with a decision: buy a new pair of boots ora pair of sneakers you're comfortable wearing out every now and then.  It's almost summer so I decided to go with the sneakers.  (If you recall I was the one in here asking if it was appropriate to wear boots like Clarks in the spring/summer time)

As long as it stays relatively dry in NYC during spring/summer, Clarks DBs should work fine.

If you are looking for a nice pair of shoe for the spring/summer, the 1901 bucks from Nordstrom (like the one I picked up on the last page) would be perfect. They are very comfortable not only because of the rubber sole but because the insole is extra padded. I tried them on and it felt like walking on a pillow, very comfortable.

Since it hasn't started raining in SoCal yet I'll try and wear them tonight, if not tonight then tomorrow. For $100, their a pretty good deal. If you get the same one I got, navy, I think it could pass as black during night time. I highly suggest giving it a try if there is a Nordstrom near you.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by niidawg3

....so nii about that CNN internship....

i'll work in the mailroom, it doesnt matter lol

lol - check out http://www.timewarner.com/corp/careers/ and let me know what opportunities align up with your resume/skillsets and then we can go from there. PM me if needed.
all i see are full-time slots
frown.gif
no - there are internship positions there. select "intern" or "part time" I did a quick search and came up with 61.

....so nii about that CNN internship....

i'll work in the mailroom, it doesnt matter lol

lol - check out http://www.timewarner.com/corp/careers/ and let me know what opportunities align up with your resume/skillsets and then we can go from there. PM me if needed.
all i see are full-time slots
frown.gif
no - there are internship positions there. select "intern" or "part time" I did a quick search and came up with 61.
I want to apply for the Legal Internship they posted yesterday but it's only in Atlanta
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jpap348

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

A storm is a brewin' here in Socal

Today:

You live in VDC? carpets looks mad familiar 
laugh.gif
VDC wishes it could forget me. I had the opportunity to "break-in" those apartment complexes, pools, community center, parking lot, dirt hill accross the parking lot. I miss college...

Originally Posted by RFX45

eek.gif
 Now this is a beauty! $450 though but it is Alden so it's awesome!
The new Leather Soul Exclusive Alden boot, Grant Captoe Flex Boot.
gc1.jpg
gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg
gc4.jpg
i dont like any shoes in this thread... But these black ones are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

>i dont like any shoes in this thread... But these black ones are
pimp.gif

really?
yes im still into nikes/jordans.. i literally havent seen any shoes in this thread i would purchase with my own money other then those black boots above...

^
Dress shoes and boots don't fit into everyone's style.  I have yet to buy a nice pair of dress shoes, at this point I probably wouldn't wear it that often anyway.  Contrary to what some people believe in this thread, outfits can still look good with sneakers.  I see a lot of nt'ers post nice fits wearing air max runners or dunks.  When I go out at night i'm usually wearing jack purcells, vans or black dunks.

Originally Posted by JBnSOUL

Originally Posted by jpap348

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

A storm is a brewin' here in Socal

Today:

You live in VDC? carpets looks mad familiar 
laugh.gif
VDC wishes it could forget me. I had the opportunity to "break-in" those apartment complexes, pools, community center, parking lot, dirt hill accross the parking lot. I miss college...
laugh.gif
yeah its VDC Norte. this carpet is like a sponge, it just absorbs any and everything that falls on it

Originally Posted by shogun

^
Dress shoes and boots don't fit into everyone's style.  I have yet to buy a nice pair of dress shoes, at this point I probably wouldn't wear it that often anyway.  Contrary to what some people believe in this thread, outfits can still look good with sneakers.  I see a lot of nt'ers post nice fits wearing air max runners or dunks.  When I go out at night i'm usually wearing jack purcells, vans or black dunks.

I mean I don't know if you guys have been with this thread from the start but I mean over 700 pages and not a single shoe you like until now...note not all shoes posted have been dress shoes or boots...

Scored a good deal today at Macys.  Bought 2 pairs of laceless low top Chucks for under $50 taxed.

By the way, do you guys know how 6'' Timbs fit?  Go figure that I tried to go to the local FootAction, Finishline, etc. and they don't even carry those anymore. 
laugh.gif

^
I've read every page in this thread and i've seen people incorporate sneakers into their fits.  What I wrote was a response to him not really wanting to transition yet into other types of shoes besides sneakers.  Sneakers can be dressed up great and more people will be wearing them since it's spring.  I rarely wear boots or dress shoes since I'm still getting used to wearing them.

no forever 21s sale mens clothing in GA lol

looking like a idiot walking around in there after reading in this thread they sell mens clothing...

Back
Top Bottom