Dressing better

J. Crew collaborating with Alden and I cannot wait to get this Indy boots!
jcrew-fw09.png

Looks like Red Wing is making a shoe for J. Crew as well.
jcrew-fw09-3.jpg

Do red wings usually fit big? I bought a pair of black desert boots in a 10.5 and they feel like there an 11.5 on me.

edit: oops there by Red Tape
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Looks like Red Wing is making a shoe for J. Crew as well.
jcrew-fw09-3.jpg

Redwing and J.Crew have been collaborating for the last couple of seasons now but it looks they're bring over the Japanese boots which is heaven for mecause I've been feinding for a pair since I saw them on ACL.

By the way, if you're still looking for a leather bomber check thisone out

That's true, there have been a few J. Crew x Red Wing boots for a while now but the Alden's are new.
And those boat shoe chukkas are looking good. I hope I can catch it on sale though.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

1149DufflecoatWeb1.jpg

I need to go shopping.

this thread is nice
pimp.gif
, but you lost me with harry potter
I don't see how this cat is dressed well....can anyone explain how the high-water look is "in" right now? He looks more odd thananything else....

On that note, I can't believe Thom Brown is having money troubles. You'd think such a great designer wouldn't have a problem keeping his storeopen.

As for that look, minus the guys look and that multi-colored grandpa sweater, the overall look is done well. The high water looks works because he isn'twearing any socks, not bad for spring.

I've been fashion savvy since way before this "dressing better" movement, but I still have to say this is the greatest thread on NT.. Yea theirare a lot of other forums on the net catered to high-fashion, different euro/italian looks etc.. But to get something like this on NT is..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dudes need to take notes.

And thanks to all the contributors for the links, articles, websites..

Being subscribed to GQ, Men's Health, Maxim, Complex have also helped me along the way.. This is all after I put down the Source, Vibe mags back in 04'just to see what was poppin' fashionably..

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

1149DufflecoatWeb1.jpg

I need to go shopping.

this thread is nice
pimp.gif
, but you lost me with harry potter
I don't see how this cat is dressed well....can anyone explain how the high-water look is "in" right now? He looks more odd than anything else....
Different strokes for different people I guess. It's something you'll have to get accustomed too. Probably has a lot to do with where youlive and what styles you're exposed to everyday.

A lot of people are going to wear fitted hats, roca denim and bright matching nikes and although that might not be my style, you gotta figure that's theirsand leave it at that.

A lot of you are seriously new to this dressing better thing. You DONT have to follow The Style Guy's rules. Creating your own style is all aboutletting the well dressed rebel inside you do as he pleases. I mean you have to use your common sense also. But at the end of the day who gives a +!$% ifanother guy thinks youre not DRESSING LIKE a gentleman, as long as the ladies love it youre cool. I've pulled off tux jackets with black jeans and blacksupreme blazers before, and that was to a formalish event. After the weird looks from other men at the event I bagged a bad chick that same day. I dont feellike quoting pics, but a lot of fits posted (Like Ty's sweatpants fit and thinkinFRESH's) by people in here are def on point and were executed verywell.

GEEZ!

Since people don't see the appeal of the guy's outfit, I'll point out what I like about it:

1149DufflecoatWeb1.jpg

Cliff's Notes: I like the fit/cut, color combinations, and design of the garments.

1. The fit. Nothing is excessive in either end of the spectrum. The pants are slim, but not tight. They're short, but that's because he cuffed them - Ihaven't considered doing that, personally but it looks cool for him. It gives a clean leg line - no break whatsoever. Makes it look slimmer and neater. IMOflattering. I'm actually considering getting all my pants tailored again to be an inch or so shorter than they are so I can have a cleaner silhouette, too.

2. The garments. That overcoat is incredible. The shade of blue is not something you come across often, especially not in a semi-traditional looking coat.Also, the straps (I'm sure there's a better name for them) at the cuff, the color of the clasps on the blue, and the overall fit of the coat. The plaiddetail in the hood of it gives it a more vintage European-esque look, too.

3. The wingtips and the sweater. Both of which are traditionally conservative, but are used in this example to be blended with a definitively modern look.I'm also a fan of thick-thread knit sweaters, but I can't find any in a contemporary slim fit.

4. The jacket under the coat. The length of it and the overcoat are shorter and more modern, and the gold buttons don't only look good against the bluejacket, but they accent the toggles on the overcoat.

5. Then the bag he has has leather accents that match his shoes, but the blue is a slightly different shade from his jackets, but it still compliments the greypant.

PS I used to wear all the street wear stuff, and still wear some hoodies now and again to class, but I find that that style leaves something to be desired as Ihave gotten older and went from working in a casual environment to a more professional one... In short, I'm getting old.

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

A lot of you are seriously new to this dressing better thing. You DONT have to follow The Style Guy's rules. Creating your own style is all about letting the well dressed rebel inside you do as he pleases. I mean you have to use your common sense also. But at the end of the day who gives a @*** if another guy thinks youre not being a gentleman, as long as the ladies love it youre cool. I've pulled off tux jackets with black jeans and black supreme blazers before, and that was to a formalish event. After the weird looks from other men at the event I bagged a bad chick that same day. I dont feel like quoting pics, but a lot of fits posted (Like Ty's sweatpants fit and thinkinFRESH's) by people in here are def on point and were executed very well.
laugh.gif
I can see this dude go to a power lunch with a clientand his wife and lose out on a multi million dollar deal because he tried to hit on the dude's wife. Maturity comes with age (at least for some people).

^ yo, da hell u talking about? What does dressing have to do with hitting on someones wife? Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote...

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Yes let's take advice from the obviously fashion savvy guy with a foamposite avy and Karmaloop signature. Since this thread is such a bane on your existence, why not just scroll past it when you're looking for threads to post emoticons or one sentence clever remarks.
Is there something wrong w/ Foamposites?

Since people don't see the appeal of the guy's outfit, I'll point out what I like about it:

1149DufflecoatWeb1.jpg

Cliff's Notes: I like the fit/cut, color combinations, and design of the garments.

1. The fit. Nothing is excessive in either end of the spectrum. The pants are slim, but not tight. They're short, but that's because he cuffed them - I haven't considered doing that, personally but it looks cool for him. It gives a clean leg line - no break whatsoever. Makes it look slimmer and neater. IMO flattering. I'm actually considering getting all my pants tailored again to be an inch or so shorter than they are so I can have a cleaner silhouette, too.

2. The garments. That overcoat is incredible. The shade of blue is not something you come across often, especially not in a semi-traditional looking coat. Also, the straps (I'm sure there's a better name for them) at the cuff, the color of the clasps on the blue, and the overall fit of the coat. The plaid detail in the hood of it gives it a more vintage European-esque look, too.

3. The wingtips and the sweater. Both of which are traditionally conservative, but are used in this example to be blended with a definitively modern look. I'm also a fan of thick-thread knit sweaters, but I can't find any in a contemporary slim fit.

4. The jacket under the coat. The length of it and the overcoat are shorter and more modern, and the gold buttons don't only look good against the blue jacket, but they accent the toggles on the overcoat.

5. Then the bag he has has leather accents that match his shoes, but the blue is a slightly different shade from his jackets, but it still compliments the grey pant.

PS I used to wear all the street wear stuff, and still wear some hoodies now and again to class, but I find that that style leaves something to be desired as I have gotten older and went from working in a casual environment to a more professional one... In short, I'm getting old.

I cant front that some of the fit looks decent to some point but its too much for me, maybe its just that kid. But I still cant get the pass the point thathomeboy looks like the red-headed kid from HP. I do see what you see in that outfit, its piff to soooome extent.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Yes let's take advice from the obviously fashion savvy guy with a foamposite avy and Karmaloop signature. Since this thread is such a bane on your existence, why not just scroll past it when you're looking for threads to post emoticons or one sentence clever remarks.
There's a time and a place, neither of which belong in this thread. Thanks.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by dreClark

There's a time and a place, neither of which belong in this thread. Thanks.
laugh.gif

Y'all need to get off your high horse.

The shoes were in his avy for crying out loud.

A person who has an avy w/ foams in here can't post?

%%!@ out of here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Come on guys, do not let a few mis-understood comments ruin something unique and helpful in this forum.

The fact is, fashion really depends on anyone's style. Sure it all about comfort but Lil Wayne is comfortable with what he wears and those just doesn'tdo it for all occassions. You can't go to a business dinner or funeral wearing white tees and baggy jeans.
I can understand making your own things work and creating your own style and look but this thread is about "dressing better" and all IK, WJ4, Ty,etc... are merely suggesting and giving recommendations on how it is done. In the end of the day, all I and others could really hope for is that our advice istaken into consideration and that it helped open some eyes on how to dress better or more properly in certain situations/events.

We are all just trying to help each other so no need to make this a typical NT thread and have negative perpectives start another e-fight that will lead to alocked thread.

RFX and Instant Klassic keep this thread alive...

Its like a personal conversation about their taste in clothes.... when you guys marrying?

Fact is is that the few times he has posted in this thread, has been nothing but complaints or anything even helpful. Hate the thread so much yet willingly pop in here every once in awhile AND make a post? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.
True.

That tweed suit T.I has on a couple pages back is tooooo mean
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Well done.

Maybe I need to start paying more attention to J. Crew. I usually just give their stuff a passing glance

Back
Top Bottom